Del Rio out for UT - Sprained MCL, will miss 2 weeks at minimum

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its just more that Law trashes this kid for absolutely zero reason. I am pulling for him to be successful.
No doubt if he comes in the game I will be rooting for him big time and Franks did look totally lost upstairs in that Spring game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
csnjqy1xyaq52ot-jpg.21300

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know that Trask looked much more poised
Yeah, most flag football players are. He has had a redshirt on all the time for the last six years. He hasn't been hit and has no internal clock.

Mac knows QBs. We will see what he does.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You think Ohio ran the ball well? They averaged under 3 yards a carry I think. Tenn gave up about 4 yards a carry in their other 2 games it appears but quite a few rushing yards because those 2 opponents ran the ball so many times.
78 said their run defense looked pedestrian prior to today. Implying that their run defense actually looked good against Ohio.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No I don't. And neither do you. I know that Trask looked much more poised and appeared to have just as good of an arm as Franks. He also appeared to understand where to go with the ball. And I've heard more positive comments from players about Trask's abilities than Franks. I'll go with Trask. I realize you've invested a lot of time trashing him so I'm sure that's clouding your judgement.

The most important part.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said in the off-season if we see Trask our season is over.

Let's get Appleby ready. Is there a clarabell in the house?
You said a lot of things in the offseason, and no one was listening :dance:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, most flag football players are. He has had a redshirt on all the time for the last six years. He hasn't been hit and has no internal clock.

Yet Franks and Trask were both playing tackle in the Spring game and Trask looked pretty sharp and Franks looked frazzled. Put him in in front of 100,000 screaming hillbillies and I question how he'd do much better.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, you fvkkers predicted 3 Heismans for Driskell too.

Not I said the cat......besides, I dont have a clue if Trask will ever throw a pass in a real game or not. I do know your an idiot for trashing the kid for no reason.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you are down to your 3rd string QB...you aren't winning many games no matter who it is...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Leak
Tebow
Brantley
Driskel
Murphy
Harris
Burton
Reed
Grier

That's the list of qbs who have taken snaps during the 11 year win streak against UT. If we beat them with those last 7 taking snaps, we can absolutely beat them with any of the three backups we have on the roster.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016

Mac knows QBs. We will see what he does.

Trask played more than mop up duty in high school:

“I tried to play Kyle the third series of every game and then the seventh series, regardless of the score,” Martin said, debunking the notion that Trask’s impressive film consists of mop-up duty. “His strongest attribute is his arm and I wanted to showcase that, but I don’t believe in running the score up when you’re beating somebody. I wanted him to have enough film with the first-team offense because I knew he could play.”

In his last two seasons, Trask threw for 1,545 yards (759, 786) and 16 total touchdowns. His career completion rate was 73 percent, and he threw zero interceptions in three years at the varsity level.

I really like the 73% completion rate and zero interceptions. I think Appleby should start but I would not be scared to put Trask in if Appleby is not getting it done.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
If you are down to your 3rd string QB...you aren't winning many games no matter who it is...

Kerwin Bel was an 8th string walk on and I think Shane Matthews was 4th string. They both turned out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator