Driskel

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Yes I would say Tenn 2012 was his best game as a Gator. He was 14/20 for 219 yards, 2 TDs and no interceptions. I remember there was actually talk of him being the best QB in the SEC following that game. After that we relied mostly on defense and running the ball.
Yeah he has yet to top that performance imo. I thought we were back after watching that game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Yes I would say Tenn 2012 was his best game as a Gator. He was 14/20 for 219 yards, 2 TDs and no interceptions. I remember there was actually talk of him being the best QB in the SEC following that game. After that we relied mostly on defense and running the ball.
I'm getting old. I don't remember those games. Maybe the light will go on for him with the new OC. We desperately need him to step up. (and the OL...and the WRs)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
He played a good game against FSU, in 03.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, nothing is a given; however, with Jeff's abilities, the lack of quality coaching and Roper, many think it's all going to come together this year. People make predictions and some times they are wrong - sometimes they are right. I'm hoping for this one to be right.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Driskel has been around since 03? Damn, I thought it just FELT that long.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Slip of the ole finger or brain! :-)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
I meant to type 12! How it ended up 03, I don't know. Brain fart, I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n9774 said:
He carried us against vandy with his legs. And against Tennessee he made some real nice throws. These games were in 2012

If you consider Driskel carrying us to victory in the 2012 Vandy game I don't know what to say other than any win by a QB should be considered carrying the team to victory. As far as the Tenn game I see more good throws in almost every other college football game than I saw in that game unless its Bama's defense against the school of the blind. I think he will be improved a lot simply due to the new offense but I am not going to rewrite history of how he has played so far. The games off the top of my head where I think a QB could have made the huge difference in it being a win or a loss he didn't perform well at all - Georgia, Louisville and Miami.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So far, Driskel has played much like our 2nd stringer when our 1st stringer had to sit out.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n8895 said:
and when exactly do you think he's going to show he can move the team? In practice against the 2nd string defense? Not to mention that he's already well behind the learning curve to Grier who was here all spring. But no thanks on another frosh starting games against SEC defenses. That's a recipe for disaster.

Harris will become the 2nd string QB and should see at 20% of the snaps against the 1st string defense. Also he will have the 3 warm up games before bama under his belt to get real game experience. I didn't say start him, I said if Driskel locks on to his receiver, starts throwing interceptions then give Harris the ball, If JD is still making freshman mental mistakes this year it's time to give the playing time to the starter for next year.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see the athletic ability, and I have seen some very nice plays made in the past. But...I go crazy when I see him stare down the number 1 option on a pass play. If covered, he either throws a bad pass, tucks it and runs, or gets sacked. You can count on one hand the number of times he actually looked to throw to the number 2 or 3 options on a pass play. Quarterbacks all over the country throw to number 2 when number 1 is covered...and he has not been able to master that yet. If he does, good for us...if he doesn't, bad for us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt he's a physical freak. It's upstairs where he's been lacking. I'm hoping he takes that step but I'm cautiously optimistic.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Me too...and if he does we might be great. Teams thrive on optimism and success. If the leader leads...confidence grows on both sides of the ball. Not to be Tebow freak...but I swear the defense knew that if they hung in there and did their part, Tebow would be there for them. Driskel needs to show that quality too.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think Driskel sucks and UF will be much better of when he is sent to the bench for good. The big problem is getting time to develop a new quarterback in a real game. Can anyone remember the last time UF dominated someone enough that the reserves were sent in? UF starts off the season with three cupcakes, but I wonder if UF will be strong enough to have the games in hand by halftime or soon after to get the backups in. It will be difficult for this staff to give someone else a chance at quarterback if they haven't had any playing time in a real game. If Uf doesn't dominate the cupcakes, will the coaches be brave enough to throw an untested quarterback into the fire when Driskel "driskels" (a verb describing bonehead plays) against a good team like Alabama? I know we won't know how god the team is until Sept. 20, but if UF doesn't hang at least a half a hundred on Idaho and have the game in hand by halftime, it's going to be a very long season of misery.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I think Driskel sucks and UF will be much better of when he is sent to the bench for good. The big problem is getting time to develop a new quarterback in a real game. Can anyone remember the last time UF dominated someone enough that the reserves were sent in? UF starts off the season with three cupcakes, but I wonder if UF will be strong enough to have the games in hand by halftime or soon after to get the backups in. It will be difficult for this staff to give someone else a chance at quarterback if they haven't had any playing time in a real game. If Uf doesn't dominate the cupcakes, will the coaches be brave enough to throw an untested quarterback into the fire when Driskel "driskels" (a verb describing bonehead plays) against a good team like Alabama? I know we won't know how god the team is until Sept. 20, but if UF doesn't hang at least a half a hundred on Idaho and have the game in hand by halftime, it's going to be a very long season of misery.
So, in one thread you slob Winston's knob, and now in this one you're trashing our QB. You probably should get an avatar and show your true :nole: colors rather than pretend to be a UF fan.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel definitely has a lot to prove. And I agree that if we don't hang 50 on Idaho, then we are going to continue to struggle. Unless for some reason we see marked improvements between games one and three.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n10457 said:
Driskel definitely has a lot to prove. And I agree that if we don't hang 50 on Idaho, then we are going to continue to struggle. Unless for some reason we see marked improvements between games one and three.

Totally agree. Idaho is a tomato can. If we don't wipe the field with them then we are in for another long Muschamp abortion of a season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is nothing but a fairy tale until he leads us through a Championship gauntlet. Potential don't pay the bills. This is the best OC the guys going to get, Go Gator.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n10397 said:

That has been one of the problems with Champs coaching! The ground and pound could never run up the score to allow the 2nd string quarterback to get game time experience, in fact if it wasn't for injuries almost none of the backups got playing time. Then they turn around and say there is a big drop off from the starters...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With Muschamp's glare-stare taking a bckseat and Roper's style maybe we'll have a
season of happy physiology. ??:stars:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator