Recruiting Florida drops to 31st in recruiting, 11th in SEC

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miami is trending up in a big way because of Mac's lazy a$$ and by the end of next season we'll be (at best) the 4th team in the state. I've said it before and I'll say it again....these HS Coaches don't like Mac and nor does the majority of the players. So...he's finished at UF no matter what but the real question is will UF do what's right for the program after this 6-8 loss 2017 campaign or will they bring him back to finish Florida football off? With UF's track record as of late I'm 99.99% sure he'll be on the sidelines in 18 and completely bury our once proud Football program. #FireMac

He better not be if we lose 5 or more games after another poor result recruiting. We cut Zook lose after 3 years and he could recruit.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He better not be if we lose 5 or more games after another poor result recruiting. We cut Zook lose after 3 years and he could recruit.
This, but that was a time when winning and national prominence weren't distant memories.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Don't say that or someone will say if you're going to fire him who can you get to replace him who is better. Because we can't get anyone to make a lateral move no matter the money

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd still take him over muschamp but like muschamp the ad has to see this is a disaster that needs to end. Hanging on too long cost us with champ. Letting foley hire a 3rd failure is driving the final nail in the coffin. Can't fire him today...but baying a miraculous offensive recovery he has to go
Just gotta dance the dance. Might as well. We bought the dress and shoes.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where's that insert name here thingy?

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I had really hoped the rumors I had heard a couple of days ago were BS. In hindsight, I should have seen that there was a lot more validity to them then I wanted to believe. Hope and fandom can blind us.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Are we having fun yet?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Hopefully stricklin looks at the big picture. From a talent standpoint we are far behind our rivals and another mediocre season will not help that cause. How could you honestly go on another season depleting this roster of competitive talent? Gator fans should boycott their season tickets if he's retained imho

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Well......Looks like my Cowboys may have a bright future for awhile, otherwise there isn't any reason for my to give two shts about football season anymore. Yeah, at this point they should fire him now and let the process of replacing him begin. It's not about how bad next season will be, it's the ones after that....the dumpster fire that the incoming coach will have to put out.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just gotta dance the dance. Might as well. We bought the dress and shoes.
I think McElwain will be here at least 2 more years unless there is a complete meltdown next year. Muschamp got another year after the 4-8 fiasco.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think McElwain will be here at least 2 more years unless there is a complete meltdown next year. Muschamp got another year after the 4-8 fiasco.

Unfortunately, your probably right. With our new AD, he just has Miss ST level expectations, so Mac will probably be safe. Heck he probably thinks we're doing fine in recruiting too. SMH

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Muschamp got another year because of the possible backlash that could have happened after losing so many players to season ending injuries. Obviously 4-8 100% should get you fired but that's not going to be the case this year. There's tons of arguments to be made against Mac right now that he's not doing a good job. Hell hes barely even doing a mediocre job. He's just bad in all aspects. You know you suck at recruiting when your class is being propped up by a 4 star CB. If Mac loses 4-5 games again with no offense he gone imho. Recruiting can't go through another down year like this

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2017-1-26_8-53-22.jpeg

The light being cast upon our recruiting efforts exposes the plan and process as something akin to setting up and attending the county fair somewhere in the panhandle. Instead of a program that inspires athletes to come and be a part of something championship caliber that is respected by rivals and other CFB teams alike, there are funnel cakes, the ring toss, a Ferris Wheel, and an array of carnival barkers and other mutants taking up tickets for the Hoochy-Koochy show. This is my perception and I'm afraid I'm not alone from what I see and read. There is popcorn, however...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We are so poorly managed it can't be overlooked at this point. Whether it be not offering top prospects who openly show interest or not follow up after offering or not hiring coaches during the most crucial point in recruiting, Mac isn't it. He is awful at managing a high stakes program. Not even just barely good, he's awful. 4 losses again and he's gone imho.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

The light being cast upon our recruiting efforts exposes the plan and process as something akin to setting up and attending the county fair somewhere in the panhandle. Instead of a program that inspires athletes to come and be a part of something championship caliber that is respected by rivals and other CFB teams alike, there are funnel cakes, the ring toss, a Ferris Wheel, and an array of carnival barkers and other mutants taking up tickets for the Hoochy-Koochy show. This is my perception and I'm afraid I'm not alone from what I see and read. There is popcorn, however...

Mac should change the logo to this:

mmmmmm-funnel-cake-carnies-funnel-cake-demotivational-posters-1314397960.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.