Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to the introduction of the next coach the most

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
GMDGATOR;n92138 said:
Here is your emote for lane kiffin... :kiffin:

Agreed. I don't see me getting behind kiffy if he were hired. Nevermind he's a slimeball. What has he actually accomplished as a head coach? THAT is the big concern. Yes, he's a really good OC, no denying that. I just don't trust that he can get it done as a HBC anytime soon, nor would we be able to get rid of the stench (PR or ncaa) he leaves behind.

Oddly enough, I'm starting to drink the Hugh Freeze koolaid right now. His turnaround at ole miss is impressive, even with the loss to lsu last saturday. His offense and defense are legit and if he can recruit like that at ole miss, imagine what he could do at UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n92323 said:
Agreed. I don't see me getting behind kiffy if he were hired. Nevermind he's a slimeball. What has he actually accomplished as a head coach? THAT is the big concern. Yes, he's a really good OC, no denying that. I just don't trust that he can get it done as a HBC anytime soon, nor would we be able to get rid of the stench (PR or ncaa) he leaves behind.

Oddly enough, I'm starting to drink the Hugh Freeze koolaid right now. His turnaround at ole miss is impressive, even with the loss to lsu last saturday. His offense and defense are legit and if he can recruit like that at ole miss, imagine what he could do at UF.
Fellas, fellas, fellas. I was just trying to make a point I'm going to be behind the next coach. Lane Kiffin is not going to be the next coach.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anything is an improvement over this s*** sandwich we've been forced to eat these past few years

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hate to rain on this parade :embarrassed: but if Foley is doing the hiring we may get another up and coming young bozo (because JF thinks he has the Midas touch after BD). Oh well, we will at least have two years of sunshine till we find out otherwise...
:run:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
88drgator;n92329 said:
Hate to rain on this parade :embarrassed: but if Foley is doing the hiring we may get another up and coming young bozo (because JF thinks he has the Midas touch after BD). Oh well, we will at least have two years of sunshine till we find out otherwise...
:run:

I dont think there is much chance of that. I think he goes big this time...

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to taking the bag off my head.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yep, pretty excited too. I'm sick of going into games knowing we are going to get beat/murdered. Remember when nobody wanted to play us? Cause that was cool.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Ox I have been probably the most negative one on WM. I'm glad it is about over. I wish I hadn't seen what he was so early. It made it longer and harder to endure. I apologize to all my gator friends.

Regardless who we get I will be positive. I will be excited too. I believe recruiting will turn positive after he is announced. I do hope JF will open the checkbook and get a good one.

Things are about to get MUCHO better for the gator nation.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92096 said:
No matter what happens to finish this season, I'm certain that we're going to have a new coach going forward. And I tell you, that just pumps me up. Just to be able to be optimistic again, to be unified with the fans again, to stick a fork into the vast majority of the negativity is going to be fabulous.

Saying that, there is going to be a lot of debate about the new hire, whoever it is. Some people aren't going to be happy with it. Whether or not I'll be "happy", I can't say, but I can say I'll be squarely behind whoever it is. Whoever is hired, I'm an instant nutswinger. Yup, even if it's Lane Kiffin. I'm going to support the new coach as much as I can.

We've got a tough road ahead of us, and the new coach is going to have his work cut out for him. I think the fan base is beaten down to the point where we can be faaaaar more patient than we've been in the past. We've been humbled, no doubt about that. To go from the mountaintop to filing out in the 3rd quarter of our Homecoming game in six years, that humbles people. We're a different group than we were five years ago. I don't know about better (some would say so), but different.

When our new coach is hired, you're going to see Gator fans that you forgot existed come out of the woodwork. The message boards are going to be flooded. Love and optimism will be flying everywhere - I nearly have a tear in my eye thinking about it.

I have no idea who the new hire is going to be but I'm already excited about it. Unlike last year, this could be one great offseason.

Discuss. And let's keep this thread positive. Tell me what you're looking forward to the most.

Who are you and what have you done with Ox???

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To cheer myself up I have been watching You Tube videos of the Spurrier era and the Meyer era. With our new coach, I am hoping for some excitement from the offense and rock solid steady defense. I want the Swamp to be one of the places other teams dread playing at.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I say we just hire Kate Upton as head coach and then just some really, really good coordinators and position coaches. Recruits would come in flocks and if you can't get up and perform for her, you are not worth your weight in cat piss.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n92372 said:
I say we just hire Kate Upton as head coach and then just some really, really good coordinators and position coaches. Recruits would come in flocks and if you can't get up and perform for her, you are not worth your weight in cat piss.

kate-upton-touchdown-dance_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator