Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to having hope again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n92432 said:
I'm looking forward to having hope again.
I'm looking forward to seeing you have a national champions sig again

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
oxrageous;n92326 said:
Fellas, fellas, fellas. I was just trying to make a point I'm going to be behind the next coach. Lane Kiffin is not going to be the next coach.

Glad to hear that, Ox. I thought maybe you were drinking... I'm on board with your enthusiasm, but I'm not willing to say I'll accept "anybody." Just about any hire, I'll be willing to support them and give them a chance to prove themselves, but I still have certain standards and kiffy doesn't come close.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to thinking we have a chance against mediocre teams. Yea, its gotten that bad.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n92218 said:
I'm looking forward to living in a van down by the river.

Trust me its not all its cracked up to be.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_1195.gif
    conv_1195.gif
    910 KB · Views: 35

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92096 said:
No matter what happens to finish this season, I'm certain that we're going to have a new coach going forward. And I tell you, that just pumps me up. Just to be able to be optimistic again, to be unified with the fans again, to stick a fork into the vast majority of the negativity is going to be fabulous.

Saying that, there is going to be a lot of debate about the new hire, whoever it is. Some people aren't going to be happy with it. Whether or not I'll be "happy", I can't say, but I can say I'll be squarely behind whoever it is. Whoever is hired, I'm an instant nutswinger. Yup, even if it's Lane Kiffin. I'm going to support the new coach as much as I can.

We've got a tough road ahead of us, and the new coach is going to have his work cut out for him. I think the fan base is beaten down to the point where we can be faaaaar more patient than we've been in the past. We've been humbled, no doubt about that. To go from the mountaintop to filing out in the 3rd quarter of our Homecoming game in six years, that humbles people. We're a different group than we were five years ago. I don't know about better (some would say so), but different.

When our new coach is hired, you're going to see Gator fans that you forgot existed come out of the woodwork. The message boards are going to be flooded. Love and optimism will be flying everywhere - I nearly have a tear in my eye thinking about it.

I have no idea who the new hire is going to be but I'm already excited about it. Unlike last year, this could be one great offseason.

Discuss. And let's keep this thread positive. Tell me what you're looking forward to the most.

This is the most outrageous....I mean oxrageous statement you've ever made.

Where is the Jack Daniels? I have to lie down now

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Alvin York;n92534 said:
This is the most outrageous....I mean oxrageous statement you've ever made.

Where is the Jack Daniels? I have to lie down now

Isn't it a waste of good booze for you hillbillies to lie down? Doesn't it just all run out your bunghole?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n92434 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing you have a national champions sig again

When there are no teams left with less than 3 losses, I'll put it back.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ox is officially a sunshine pumper now. :grin:

But if Lane freakin Kiffin is hired I'm shaving my head and moving to Quebec.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When Muschamp was originally hired I was not a happy Gator. I watched his introductory presser and listened to him explain how though he was a 3 yards in a cloud of dust guy he would still run a pro offense. I hoped I was wrong and prepared for the best. I was optimistic even though the vibe I was getting was bad. But it did feel good thinking we were going to be competitive no matter the outcome. I was hoping that my gut was wrong as it has been wrong before. But nevertheless I was ready to move on and it felt good anyway. I'm looking forward to having that feeling again no matter who the coach is. So here's to the new hire, whomever he is. Long live the new HC of the Florida Gators!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n92604 said:
The best thing I can say is there is no where to go but up.

We've been saying that for 4 years now. I'm happy that this could finally be the last year where that statement is true.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We were pumpers before pumping was cool.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just want an offense-minded person. As Ox said, I'd even welcome Kiffen. He may be a horse's a$$ sometimes, but he's never been involved in an NCAA investigation, indeed, he inherited the mess @ USC that Carroll left the next coach. No, that being said, I don't think Foley will choose Kiffen.

The new coach doesn't have to have UF "ties" (well, Urban didn't). He just has to be able to generate some offense, some interest, some buzz.

We still have a ways to go before this happens. I do believe that Foley will stick to his own deadline of waiting til the season is over, and face it, he can't talk to another NCAA coach until that coach's regular season is over. But I do think that better days are ahead.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It really is sad to see how desperate some of you have become to even consider Lane Kiffin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin isn't going to be hired, so I'm not worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.