Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n92744 said:
Kiffin isn't going to be hired, so I'm not worried about it.

Give us your best guess as to who will be hired, just take a stab at it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n92769 said:
I think we need a name the next coach contest

Think you're right. And the winner gets to make sasquash his bitch

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n92769 said:
I think we need a name the next coach contest

Also, a pool for when will Foley officially announce Muschamp's demise.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n92789 said:
Also, a pool for when will Foley officially announce Muschamp's demise.

I think that one may be pretty easy. If we lose to Georgia it will most likely be Monday imo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n92750 said:
Give us your best guess as to who will be hired, just take a stab at it.
Bob Stoops. And that isn't really based on anything - I sure as hell have no source there. Foley has been after Stoops for years, and I'd be surprised if he didn't try again. Stoops has been at OU for over 15 years now, and he may finally be ready for a change. He's also been openly critical of the perception of the SEC, which tells me he's jealous and may want to take his own crack at it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92824 said:
Bob Stoops. And that isn't really based on anything - I sure as hell have no source there. Foley has been after Stoops for years, and I'd be surprised if he didn't try again. Stoops has been at OU for over 15 years now, and he may finally be ready for a change. He's also been openly critical of the perception of the SEC, which tells me he's jealous and may want to take his own crack at it.

I think if Stoops was announced, then their would be a huge waiting party for him at the airport. Then a ticker-tape parade all the way back to campus for his first press conference.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Probably as good as guess as any. I wouldn't mind Stoops. I wish we could get some sort of short list of choices sooner than later but I know that would never happen. My fear is Foley does what another poster mentioned earlier by trying to go the young and up coming route again. I'd rather have a guy is his 50's or 60's even as long as he's been at a major program as HC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n92856 said:
I think if Stoops was announced, then their would be a huge waiting party for him at the airport. Then a ticker-tape parade all the way back to campus for his first press conference.
Agreed. Imagine the instant credibility with recruits? It would probably save the recruiting season.

Another thing: This isn't walking into a situation following legends like Zook and Muschamp had to deal with. The pressure cooker has been turned down considerably at Florida (at least for now). Fans would be thrilled just to see competent football for a while. That has to be attractive to the next guy.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n92732 said:
I just want an offense-minded person. As Ox said, I'd even welcome Kiffen. He may be a horse's a$$ sometimes, but he's never been involved in an NCAA investigation, indeed, he inherited the mess @ USC that Carroll left the next coach. No, that being said, I don't think Foley will choose Kiffen.

The new coach doesn't have to have UF "ties" (well, Urban didn't). He just has to be able to generate some offense, some interest, some buzz.

We still have a ways to go before this happens. I do believe that Foley will stick to his own deadline of waiting til the season is over, and face it, he can't talk to another NCAA coach until that coach's regular season is over. But I do think that better days are ahead.

I realize that Ox’s referance to Kiffin was just a little hyperbole, but for any of you that would actually consider it despite his dooshatude and his failure everywhere he’s gone, you might want to consider this....

Barely two years later, all references to the "Kiffin Class" in Knoxville should come with a warning label: May spontaneously combust at any moment. And the flames start at the very top – of the five Tennessee signees that ranked among Rivals' top 100 overall prospects in '09, Jackson's exit brings the score to oh-for-five:• Bryce
Brown:
Nation's No. 1 prospect quietly rushed for 460 yards as a true freshman, went AWOL from the team following Kiffin's departure and finally transferred home to Kansas State.
•Janzen Jackson: Longtime LSU commit quickly worked his way into the starting rotation as a true freshman, until he was mixed up in a wrong place/wrong time arrest for armed robbery (see below); with that incident apparently behind him, Jackson returned the lineup to earn second-team All-SEC honorsfrom league coaches as a sophomore. With Monday's news, his future in Knoxville is again in serious doubt.

• Nu'Keese Richardson: Longtime Florida commit – and inspiration for Kiffin's infamous "Urban had to cheat" dig against Urban Meyer – caught eight garbage-time passes as a true freshman before a swift, ignominious exit for allegedly sticking up a gas station customer along with Jackson and another classmate. While decked out in Tennessee gear.
• Jerod Askew: Fulmer's only high-profile commit redshirted in 2009, failed to log a tackle last year on defense or special teams and was just booted from the team.
• David Oku: Nation's No. 1 "all-purpose" back saw the field as a return man, but made little impactthere and was a nonentity on offense, rushing for a grand total of 75 yards against SEC defenses over two years; announced last month he plans to transfer at the end of the spring semester.
Not only are zero of his most touted signees on track to make it to their junior season in Knoxville, but at the time, they were almost unanimously regarded as Kiffin's kids: Aside from Askew, all of the above were surprising, eleventh-hour coups thought to be heading elsewhere almost up to the moment they signed with the Volunteers. So was four-star defensive back Darren Myles, another signing day victory who made no significant contributions before being dismissed by Dooley as a repeat offender last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-318407

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile back at the ranch UGA is favored by the most points ever since before 1980... Favored by 12.5

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92888 said:
Agreed. Imagine the instant credibility with recruits? It would probably save the recruiting season.

Another thing: This isn't walking into a situation following legends like Zook and Muschamp had to deal with. The pressure cooker has been turned down considerably at Florida (at least for now). Fans would be thrilled just to see competent football for a while. That has to be attractive to the next guy.

Stoops is the only defensive coach I think they'll even consider. I think everyone loves the guy.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92888 said:

But we know our fan base... Fans would be thrilled for the first few games. Then start complaining. If our new coach doesn't go 11-2 in our second season, a lot of Gator Nation will be pissin and moaning.

I don't envy any coach coming into this mess right now. I see a four year turnaround in front of us, no matter who the coach is.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
WillGetIn;n92911 said:
But we know our fan base... Fans would be thrilled for the first few games. Then start complaining. If our new coach doesn't go 11-2 in our second season, a lot of Gator Nation will be pissin and moaning.

I don't envy any coach coming into this mess right now. I see a four year turnaround in front of us, no matter who the coach is.

So you dont believe a good coach can do that?? I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator