Mac and Company on the Trail

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't find anywhere that says he played d line at all. I found this quote interesting though:

“I’m going to shed a lot of weight by the time I go to college,” Slaton said. “My goal weight would be 290.”
Sounds like something that would come straight to him from the UF coaching staff if playing DLine

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

This also reminds me that there's no way we get Cristobal or Locksley. We will be lucky to upgrade Nord.

(Yes Durty this is me being bi-polar again :lol:)

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Blame this one on Summers and us being lazy. This from a buddy.

Here's what went on with Alex Leatherwood's recruitment and why I was so quiet about it.
Alex rented his own car and was in Gainesville for three days during the South Carolina weekend where he got really close with Lamical Perine and Jawaan Taylor. He was even telling the staff and Taylor that "Woody and Wanny" were going to be the tackles for Florida.
Fast forward to the official visit that went great and concluded with Florida meeting him back in Pensacola on that Sunday night. Florida stayed with him until midnight so Alabama couldn't visit him. That visit put Florida in position for the flip.
Leatherwood had told people around him and people at Florida that he was going to flip but wanted things to be kept quiet until he could just show up in Gainesville. That was the reason he didn't do interview at the Under Armour game.
It went even further as he told his best friend and fellow Alabama Ol commit Jedrick Willis that he was going to Florida. Willis even told a few reporters that he might visit Florida if some things happened.
Fast forward to Sunday night when Leatherwood called Alabama and said he was flipping to Florida. Alabama woke Saban up in the middle of the night and Saban lit into Leatherwood. He called Alex out for him decommitting and saying he wasn't loyal and just everything else that can be said. Saban hung up and had players calling Alex.
Alex went to bed that night torn but still wanted to go to the Outback bowl so he did and rode down with friends. The whole way down to Tampa Alabama coaches were blowing his phone up because they found out he didn't fly out of Orlando like he said he would.
After the Outback Bowl Leatherwood spoke over the phone with Mac and Nuss and things once again seemed to be going well but when Leatherwood arrived back in Orlando things went south for Florida.
Leatherwood was supposed to fly out of Orlando to Pensacola but instead an Alabama GA was there to meet him and told Alex that he was directed to pick him up and take him to Tuscaloosa. Leatherwood stayed at the GA's house in Orlando on Monday night and the deal was closed. The reason some we're still holding out hope was Leatherwood's transcript hasn't been submitted yet so he wasn't supposed to report to Bama until Saturday. Those plans must've changed. I'll say this at this that Leatherwood had all intentions of being a Gator.
While Alex and Summers were cool the Gators Ol coach wasn't the guy for this recruitment. Saban is nasty in recruiting and you have to have someone to stand up to him.
Apologies for being quiet on this but this was something that needed to stay quiet.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He let himself get used. Have fun being Little Nicky's tampon.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He let himself get used. Have fun being Little Nicky's tampon.
Does Saban sleep with a nightmask is my question, could only imagine the bat phone ringing in the middle of the night and his look?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a really difficult time buying that he was a Gator and was only scared of Saban, which is effectively what this story leads up to.

Like all the other schools, UF was trolled. This kid was always going to Bama.

GatorinVA

Dec 23, 2016
I understand Mac having respect for Saban and what he did for his career but Mac has got to get a hold on this recruiting and fire things up. He will be gone if not and we will done for another 4-5 years. I don't care what coach we bring in after him...we cannot win without the big names!

SouthernGator84

Dec 26, 2016
Blame this one on Summers and us being lazy. This from a buddy.

Here's what went on with Alex Leatherwood's recruitment and why I was so quiet about it.
Alex rented his own car and was in Gainesville for three days during the South Carolina weekend where he got really close with Lamical Perine and Jawaan Taylor. He was even telling the staff and Taylor that "Woody and Wanny" were going to be the tackles for Florida.
Fast forward to the official visit that went great and concluded with Florida meeting him back in Pensacola on that Sunday night. Florida stayed with him until midnight so Alabama couldn't visit him. That visit put Florida in position for the flip.
Leatherwood had told people around him and people at Florida that he was going to flip but wanted things to be kept quiet until he could just show up in Gainesville. That was the reason he didn't do interview at the Under Armour game.
It went even further as he told his best friend and fellow Alabama Ol commit Jedrick Willis that he was going to Florida. Willis even told a few reporters that he might visit Florida if some things happened.
Fast forward to Sunday night when Leatherwood called Alabama and said he was flipping to Florida. Alabama woke Saban up in the middle of the night and Saban lit into Leatherwood. He called Alex out for him decommitting and saying he wasn't loyal and just everything else that can be said. Saban hung up and had players calling Alex.
Alex went to bed that night torn but still wanted to go to the Outback bowl so he did and rode down with friends. The whole way down to Tampa Alabama coaches were blowing his phone up because they found out he didn't fly out of Orlando like he said he would.
After the Outback Bowl Leatherwood spoke over the phone with Mac and Nuss and things once again seemed to be going well but when Leatherwood arrived back in Orlando things went south for Florida.
Leatherwood was supposed to fly out of Orlando to Pensacola but instead an Alabama GA was there to meet him and told Alex that he was directed to pick him up and take him to Tuscaloosa. Leatherwood stayed at the GA's house in Orlando on Monday night and the deal was closed. The reason some we're still holding out hope was Leatherwood's transcript hasn't been submitted yet so he wasn't supposed to report to Bama until Saturday. Those plans must've changed. I'll say this at this that Leatherwood had all intentions of being a Gator.
While Alex and Summers were cool the Gators Ol coach wasn't the guy for this recruitment. Saban is nasty in recruiting and you have to have someone to stand up to him.
Apologies for being quiet on this but this was something that needed to stay quiet.
Wow this really makes me hate Bama more than I already do.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I have a really difficult time buying that he was a Gator and was only scared of Saban, which is effectively what this story leads up to.

Like all the other schools, UF was trolled. This kid was always going to Bama.

Actually there are multiple sources reporting this on other sites; I actually buy into this one.

Either way it does't matter. He is in a Bama uniform and we are still sitting outside the Top 15 in recruiting....

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Give UA and their 24/7 staffers credit for being omnipresent. For being a mauler on the field, Leatherwood must be a real pussy if the above is accurate (as there have been similar stories). Why is it so tough these days for these kids to just not answer their phones? He was played but it takes two.

Wonder if UA committed any recruiting violations over the last several days on this one. How does he bunk out at the GA's house in Orlando?

As I recall there was a similar situation with DeMarcus Walker, FSU's AA-DE. At one time he was committed to UA. Walker de-committed and wanted to go to UF. Apparently there was some document Walker had earlier signed that if he de-committed to UA, he couldn't commit to another SEC school. Don't know how there could be such a document but it was alleged several times until the trail went dead. Maybe someone on the board who remembers the situation can better explain.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually there are multiple sources reporting this on other sites; I actually buy into this one.

Either way it does't matter. He is in a Bama uniform and we are still sitting outside the Top 15 in recruiting....
Oh, I think there is some validity to it, at least from UF perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes from high up, however, some of it is simply what Leatherwood fed them, part of the troll

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator