SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator_Chompz;n108728 said:
Pat Dooley on Finebaum....

Rich Rod-no
Stoops- no
Kelly-no
Colorado guy-no

He def said Florida will not hire a guy with baggage or a large buy-out.
Dooley got one article right and now we are suppose to listen to him and take him as a credible source? :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n108728 said:
Pat Dooley on Finebaum....

Rich Rod-no
Stoops- no
Kelly-no
Colorado guy-no

He def said Florida will not hire a guy with baggage or a large buy-out.

so now we believe dooley? :headshake:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't see why Rich Rod's name keeps coming up. Screw that guy. His defense couldn't even work in the Big 10, and people think it'll work in the SEC? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n108732 said:
I still don't see why Rich Rod's name keeps coming up. Screw that guy. His defense couldn't even work in the Big 10, and people think it'll work in the SEC? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some doubted that ram too, Sas.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n108729 said:
Dooley got one article right and now we are suppose to listen to him and take him as a credible source? :lol:

Not using him as THE source. I was just relaying what he is saying on ESPN. I am sure his guess is as good as everybody in the previous 30 pages on this forum.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
want an under the radar guy?.....Mike Mularkey. Not endorsing him, but Bill Cower did and got him the Jax job. Just saying.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n108738 said:
We can cross of Colorado's State head coach.. His buyout is 7.5 million

I don't know who Dooley got the buyout stuff from but that is being floated in a few places now - that Foley has pretty much made it clear that a real big buyout with a very expensive coach isn't going to happen. That would really reduce the list of the big time college coaches as possibilities. I am sure Stoops must have a big buyout.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I am starting to lean to the idea that we are going to the pro ranks for a new HC....I hope not but that would be Foley-esque type move

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is the fun thing: nobody knows who it is gonna be. It's gonna be a wild few weeks in Gator Nation. At least we'll be getting all this attention :dance2:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
e9zjy.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorJB;n108748 said:
Vegas is going to make a lot of money if people are dumb enough to bet on any of those guys.

Foley should bet the farm on the guy he's going to hire. He'd rake it in.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Gundy talk is not comforting. Going from one unbalanced approach to another isn't what we need. There has been talk about him not even watching the defense when they are out. That scares the hell out of me. I'm also not fond of a guy who'd leave his alma mater(within the Power 5) for another school. Seems like he'd be willing to leave us the second we had success and his name was mentioned for Dallas or some other NFL team.

Crazy sounding, I'm sure, but I'd almost be more excited about Quinn at this point. If he learned anything from his former boss it's that he needs to bring in a quality OC, stay hands off, and focus on defense. But I'd be shocked if we went the coordinator route again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn's probably the only defensive-minded coach I'd want to see on our sideline. He's on a fast track, has a history here, seems to have an excellent relationship with the players. Does Foley buck trend and tab another defensive guy when everything screams the opposite?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n108753 said:
Foley should bet the farm on the guy he's going to hire. He'd rake it in.

Good point.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol an hour ago Bob Stoops had already signed the contract, bought a house, and was swimming in lake Alice. Gonna be a long few weeks filled with bs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n108763 said:
Lol an hour ago Bob Stoops had already signed the contract, bought a house, and was swimming in lake Alice. Gonna be a long few weeks filled with bs.

In other tragic news, Bob Stoops eaten by an alligator in Lake Alice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.