Tennessee: The game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
oxrageous;n27201 said:
By CaribGator

the Volunteers have fallen on hard times and seem to be in the 10th year of a rebuilding program.

I've felt since before the season that this is a trap game for us and not a guaranteed victory. Tennessee seems to be on the upswing and I think they made a good hire in Butch Jones.

You are correct about TN being in rebuilding mode for so long. What's scary about that is we're actually watching the very same thing play out before our eyes with our beloved Gators. If CWM doesn't right the ship quickly, and if Foley doesn't right CWM quickly, we, too, could be looking at a decade long rebuilding process. I certainly hope that's not the case but it's happened to some very good programs over the years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia said:
oxrageous;n27201 said:
By CaribGator

the Volunteers have fallen on hard times and seem to be in the 10th year of a rebuilding program.

I've felt since before the season that this is a trap game for us and not a guaranteed victory. Tennessee seems to be on the upswing and I think they made a good hire in Butch Jones.

You are correct about TN being in rebuilding mode for so long. What's scary about that is we're actually watching the very same thing play out before our eyes with our beloved Gators. If CWM doesn't right the ship quickly, and if Foley doesn't right CWM quickly, we, too, could be looking at a decade long rebuilding process. I certainly hope that's not the case but it's happened to some very good programs over the years.
Bitch Davis lost to Derek Dooley... so they hired him.

Let that sink in.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
GatorInGeorgia said:
oxrageous;n27201 said:
By CaribGator

That's great, but I'm not talking about Butch Davis...I'm talking about Butch Jones. As it stands, D. Dooley did beat B. Jones when he coached at Cincy but they were a mid major program playing on the road. And if given the choice right now, would you really pick CWM to be your head coach over Butch Jones? I really can't say that I would. Butch Jones seems to have done well everywhere he's been as a head coach, he's recruiting better than CWM and there seems to be positive energy and upward momentum around UT's program compared to ours.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia said:
oxrageous;n27201 said:
By CaribGator

You are absolutely right. This is year 4 of a rebuilding program. If dawgchamp doesn't beat his dawgs and win the east it would probably cause a lot of fence sitters to decide not to come here to play. And if we have a bad year it could blow the recruiting class to bits and we would need another 2-3 cycles to have the new coach implement his style and get his recruits. That puts around 7 years and counting...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
GatorInGeorgia said:
oxrageous;n27201 said:
By CaribGator

@CaribGator, And don't forget Meyer's last year which was less than stellar by all accounts so barring a great season this year, that's 5 years of mediocrity. If CWM doesn't win the East this year, that will be 6 seasons since we've won the SEC and 5 seasons since we've won the East. A lost decade is quickly creeping up on us if things don't change dramatically for the better very quickly.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
You make the point TENNESSEE is the game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season. I have an even stronger theory. The Florida game considering our decade old drought against the Gators is the game tht will decide which direction the Volunteers will go this season.

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them
Let's send them on their way

So let it be written
So let it be done

Let's us all stand for the playing of "
Rocky Top"
So much for the thought Dvits was an English Lit Major. All poems don't rhyme,, Mr. Shakespeare. Besides this was not a poem but a stream of consciousness utterance. Let me conjecture you are confused by the expression, stream of consciousness

Definition of stream of consciousness

In literary criticism, stream of consciousness is a narrative mode, or device, that seeks "to depict the multitudinous thoughts and feelings which pass through the mind.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
We play what, 11 games this season? Tennessee ranks right at the 9 th most important game this year, get a grip York and any Gator worried about this.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will be a seal clubbing like it always is. Butch Jones is a miserable hire coaching a miserable team. Beating UT tells per usual us nothing just like last year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the bama game now, the 3rd and 23 that bama just made might of ended that hope, making the next game with TN the most important game of the year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n56086 said:
It wont matter if we beat Tenn it will be downhill big time after that.

yea, the following games will be tougher, i don't know at this moment if we can beat TN

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Neyland Stadium is the perfect place to break out our freshman QB. Feed him to a young SEC team, in a capacity 100,000+ stadium, give him a good game plan and prepare his ass for the rest of the schedule. JD is a bust. Total bust. Sunk cost. Move on the next one.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n56224 said:
Neyland Stadium is the perfect place to break out our freshman QB. Feed him to a young SEC team, in a capacity 100,000+ stadium, give him a good game plan and prepare his ass for the rest of the schedule. JD is a bust. Total bust. Sunk cost. Move on the next one.
Exactly, an SEC team, but a rebuilding one, but enough of a rival that the juices will be flowing. the driskel era needs to be over with, A 5 star bust, time to move on. We need to start those that will help us win, not play to lose (which JD learned from his head coach and mentor.. "we'll get it corrected")

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n57419 said:
Two weeks from today, we will still be in the mix for the sec east.

We can still win the East !! But it will take dawgchamp to lay it all on the line. Let Roper call the plays (for those that think Roper is in control, watch the replay, bama goes up by 7, we get the ball and run it 3 straight times up the middle.. tells me everything about who is running the offense)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n27842 said:
If UF loses to Tennessee, Muschamp will be fired after the loss at Georgia and this season will be another losing one. Tennessee is a freaking disaster. A roster full of 3-star afterthoughts, with a couple of marginal 4 star dudes thrown in who wouldn't pass up the guarantee of playing immediately at an SEC school. Their lines of scrimmage are totally inexperienced to go along with being bordeline SEC talent to begin with. Their qb's are total crap; Dobbs can run but throws like a converted WR, and has no eyebrows, Worley should be starting at Middle Tennessee instead of the SEC, and y'all saw how pathetic Peter man was in person last year in the swamp. Their best player on defense is AJ Johnson, a big, imposing dude at MLB, but he is slower than most SEC o-linemen. Guys like Clay Burton and Hunter Joyer outrun this guy with ease. If UF loses to Tennessee, burn the mfr to the ground the next day!

Now that we've made it this far in to the season, what are your thoughts now DC? I would agree that if we lose to TN then UGly that he should be fired that day. But after last year we know the pictures that dawgchamp has of Foley in that compromising position with a goat are hidden away well.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator said:
Munk;n57419 said:
Two weeks from today, we will still be in the mix for the sec east.

We can still win the East !! But it will take dawgchamp to lay it all on the line. Let Roper call the plays (for those that think Roper is in control, watch the replay, bama goes up by 7, we get the ball and run it 3 straight times up the middle.. tells me everything about who is running the offense)
No. No, we can't.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n57750 said:
Driskel had been struggling pretty badly basically the whole game, what else was he going to call?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.