Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Officers smelled marijuana and found two small bags of the drug in a storage pocket of the vehicle, Barber said. No charges were filed because none of the players was in possession of marijuana and the car did not belong to them.
"They did not determine nor did anyone admit to the possession of the marijuana itself," Barber said.

So the key is to drive somebody else's car and not put it on your person? Why the Hell haven't they been teaching this at Freshman Orientation?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Alvin York;n135013 said:
Explain it to me again. How is this accused rapist and out of control thug who has weed but no driver's license different from born again Christian, Famous Jameis?

:ban:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't this Tabor's 2nd brush with weed? I can't say Harris has character issues. He may, but he may just be naive too. From everything that came out about the rape allegation is that she didn't like being a one night stand. There is a scenario where he is stuck driving because his two teammates were high and couldn't drive. Very little info is out.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All 3 are freaking dumb... if this happened at clown U we'd all be saying they are mucking forons. Same goes here. Idiots.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n135071 said:
All 3 are freaking dumb... if this happened at clown U we'd all be saying they are mucking forons. Same goes here. Idiots.

If this was happening there we wouldn't hear about until months later after their athletic department had a chance to look over the charges and notify involved parties to get their stories straight

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n135046 said:
So the key is to drive somebody else's car and not put it on your person? Why the Hell haven't they been teaching this at Freshman Orientation?

Depends where you are at I guess. Where I am in Florida the cops will charge everyone in the vehicle if no one says its their pot even if no one owns the car they are in. The state usually ends up dropping the charge later however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n135017 said:
Your privileged upbringing is showing.

It doesn't cost much to get a license or it didn't years ago when I got one. No excuse not to get tested by 18 imo. A few weeks at a part time job would pay for it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n135096 said:
No excuse not to get tested by 18 imo
matt m would disagree...

Gator Fever;n135096 said:
A few weeks at a part time job would pay for it.
Few weeks? A florida drivers license costs like 20 bucks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The dumbest thing done here was speeding knowing you don't have a license and pot is in the car. We used to have a Judge that loved to mess with defendants about that before he announced their sentence. He would basically say why in the hell would you be speeding (or other traffic infraction) knowing you are driving without a license. They didn't know what to say then usually or would apologize for driving with no license and then the Judge would repeat himself saying why would you speed etc. knowing you don't have a license.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n135098 said:
matt m would disagree...

Few weeks? A florida drivers license costs like 20 bucks.

Its that cheap to do the whole process now?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n135100 said:

lincense is pretty cheap, but if you own a car the registration has jumped up the last few years.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
From a production standpoint, I don't think it's fair to judge any offensive player during their time under champ's "tutelage" (answering KC's original point of Treon's mediocre stats). With this latest development, I'm really hoping Grier is ready to earn the starting QB spot and dominate in 2015.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n135100 said:

Yeah, has been for years. Mine's 30 but thats b/c i have a motorcycle stamp on it as well (freaking govt). As far as a "process" there really isn't one. You go take the written and driving test and if you pass, you get your license. It doesn't cost to do the test, just to get the license. Now if you want to have the driving portion waved, you need a driving school cert saying you are qualified and those classes cost money (but reduce initial insurance costs) but they aren't required. You just have to do a written and a driving test if you dont have a cert.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Harris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD.

If it were 3 white males in the car, do you think they would have been stopped? I would have no problem if they were pulled over going 15+ mph over the speed limit, but their speed at 11:29pm wasn't an immediate danger.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n135116 said:
Harris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD.

If it were 3 white males in the car, do you think they would have been stopped? I would have no problem if they were pulled over going 15+ mph over the speed limit, but their speed at 11:29pm wasn't an immediate danger.
Oh please. Let's not turn this into a racial thing. He was driving without a license - and was even dumb enough to be speeding while he was doing it.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
oxrageous;n135118 said:
Oh please. Let's not turn this into a racial thing. He was driving without a license - and was even dumb enough to be speeding while he was doing it.
Not trying to be a "troll," but it would be naive to ignore the elephant in the room. Am I saying they were definitely pulled over b/c of their race? OF COURSE NOT. Am I saying it is possible they were pulled over because of their race? DEFINITELY. Just look at the recent protests . . .
Anyways to get this post back on track - I do agree with you that Treon should not have been driving in the first place. Whether he is convicted or not, he and the other players should be disciplined.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
QueenCityGator;n135120 said:
Not trying to be a "troll," but it would be naive to ignore the elephant in the room. Am I saying they were definitely pulled over b/c of their race? OF COURSE NOT. Am I saying it is possible they were pulled over because of their race? DEFINITELY. Just look at the recent protests . . .
Anyways to get this post back on track - I do agree with you that Treon should not have been driving in the first place. Whether he is convicted or not, he and the other players should be disciplined.

Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.