Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't drive without a license and I don't smoke pot, so I have no firsthand experience with this type of situation...but...

Isn't it illegal to possess marijuana? And if you are in the vehicle, with the pot, and no one claims it, don't all of them get charged until it is sorted out?
I wonder who drove home?
Whose car was it? Did they know it was missing? Don't the police check on things like this?
How does a ticket for driving without a license go away when you get your license after the violation occurred?

Seems like these boys were done a huge favor by the police...

I think they should all be severely disciplined, if not by the court then by the school and the athletic department.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was pulled over once for going 9mph over... and the cop was black!!! RACCCCCISSSSTTTTT!!!!!!!

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n135123 said:
I was pulled over once for going 9mph over... and the cop was black!!! RACCCCCISSSSTTTTT!!!!!!!
Did you have a Confederate flag bumper sticker?

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
As a black man that smokes pot... Harris is an idiot for speeding with weed in his car and no license

Let's not have a race debate, this is a stupid decision by a young kid.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n135096 said:
It doesn't cost much to get a license or it didn't years ago when I got one. No excuse not to get tested by 18 imo. A few weeks at a part time job would pay for it.

Some don't bother with a driver's license if they can't afford a car & car insurance. You need your own car (in good working condition) to take the test. Not every high school kid has a car available to learn to drive and then go to go take the test. More to it than the license fee.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n135118 said:
Oh please. Let's not turn this into a racial thing. He was driving without a license - and was even dumb enough to be speeding while he was doing it.
And smoking weed at the same time. He's an idiot. Looks like Jeff might get another chance.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n135122 said:
I don't drive without a license and I don't smoke pot, so I have no firsthand experience with this type of situation...but...

Isn't it illegal to possess marijuana? And if you are in the vehicle, with the pot, and no one claims it, don't all of them get charged until it is sorted out?
I wonder who drove home?
Whose car was it? Did they know it was missing? Don't the police check on things like this?
How does a ticket for driving without a license go away when you get your license after the violation occurred?

Seems like these boys were done a huge favor by the police...

I think they should all be severely disciplined, if not by the court then by the school and the athletic department.

Not a lawyer but I have seen these things played out many times in court.

If they can't nail the pot to an individual whether everyone in the car gets charged depends on the police department usually as some know it wont hold up in court usually and tell their officers generally not to arrest on it while other departments seem to tell their officers just to arrest everyone in the car for it if no one claims it.

The state will usually dismiss a 1st time No drivers license charge or change it to a civil charge only if the person attains a license after the arrest in most counties anyway.

It is kind of crazy how things are handled differently around the state. The cops are real bad where I am at and don't care if their charges get tossed out of court a lot of times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n135116 said:
Harris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD.

If it were 3 white males in the car, do you think they would have been stopped? I would have no problem if they were pulled over going 15+ mph over the speed limit, but their speed at 11:29pm wasn't an immediate danger.

They would in my area. The time and 10 over would allow them to DUI fish.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MidwestChomp;n135050 said:
So Driskel gets the start?

This is just grand!!! We've got coaches who won't be here next year coaching the bowl and a QB who won't be here starting the bowl game. I think Mac needs to step in right NOW and get Morningwood some tips, then assert himself as the man to avert this impending disaster before we lose to ECU and get another black eye.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Feels really silly saying someone was "speeding" when they were only going 30 mph. :lol:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n135120 said:
Not trying to be a "troll," but it would be naive to ignore the elephant in the room. .

What elephant, the irrelevant one you introduced to the discussion?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n135151 said:
Feels really silly saying someone was "speeding" when they were only going 30 mph. :lol:

Crazy isn't it. If it was before 10PM they probably never even get pulled over.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Isn't this where Mac calls the 3 players in for a meeting and then smashes a chair to show how it's his way or the highway,.....oh wait, that was the last coach.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are they currently practicing/prepping for the big bowl game?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n135116 said:
Harris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD.

If it were 3 white males in the car, do you think they would have been stopped? I would have no problem if they were pulled over going 15+ mph over the speed limit, but their speed at 11:29pm wasn't an immediate danger.

You obviously didn't goto UF. UPD is notorious for this. I once got a speeding ticket for going 9 over on my BICYCLE.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n135125 said:
Did you have a Confederate flag bumper sticker?

you'd love for the answer to be yes wouldn't you? sorry to smash your preconcieved notions...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Totally self inflicted, and ridiculously foolish for a kid who was anything but entrenched as a starter and is going to have to win over an entirely different cast.

But in terms of the "elephant in the room", and maybe this was already mentioned, but Tabor's presence here is much more concerning. The guy's been on campus less than a year and has already had 2 weed related incidents(charged or not, it was there). He's one that is going to need a lot of babysitting, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.