Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Technically I said elite “QB” followed by good talent and good coaching. As I said, the 2016 Clemson team had far less talent than bama and beat them. The difference was a difference maker at QB in Deshaun Winn (sp?). At the time, everyone was in aggreeance that bama had the superior squad. Coaching and perpetration was about equal. A superior QB was the difference.

Look, for God’s sake, I’m not arguing
That I don’t want the #1 class every year. My point was simple. Mullen walked into a sh!t show. We’d looked awful for nearly a decade. Mac depleted the roster. And all Mullen did was pull the best translation class in UF history. Followed by a top 10 finish in his first season and a number 8 or 9 ranking in recruiting. That’s a huge turnaround! And we’re well on the way to a top 5 finish in 2020. That all makes me a happy gator. Why the hell all the animosity over that?

Pretty sure you said everything I said. I said I was happy with the class, but not thrilled (top 3 would be thrilled) and that we are on the right direction, and it seems like Mullen is on track to get us there in 2020.

I said there was room for improvement and people acted like I said the class was trash.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Clemson proved Bama can be beat.

Do I think we can beat Bama 3 out of 4 times...no

But I think we can win.

Clemson has proven that Bama can be beat... by a team with elite talent. A team with 5* QB and an elite Dline.

We aren't there yet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Really? This is an absurd thing to say.

On our best day and their worst day... of course we could beat Bama. Agree that was absurd.

Do I think we could beat them in a championship game if they played well and we played well... no. They have too much talent.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Realsville:
DM is a huge improvement over the two previous ass clowns masquerading as HCs for UF.
DM has a long way to go and a lot to prove before convincing many that he's the true successor to SS & UM.
This class is very good (B+) but is just a start and next year must be better and 2021 must be better even still.
If Grantham takes an NFL job and MM can be lured back to Gville, the outlook gets crazy good.
But I'm a pumper, so what do I know?

What’s wrong with Grantham?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clemson has proven that Bama can be beat... by a team with elite talent. A team with 5* QB and an elite Dline.

We aren't there yet.
Sos beat Bammer w USC talent. Freeze beat them with Ole Miss talent plus three semi pro 5 stars.

The can be beat, especially if we keep dialing up the offense and can take them out of their comfort zone.

B ut we also need the depth to beat Ugly, LSU and a string of other SEC teams. That is the harder part.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought our crap secondary was the problem against Mizzou.
Lock threw for 250 and they ran for 223 I think. It was just a crap performance all around. Maybe I'm just blocking out the game, but I thought they were more efficient and would've had more yards. Maybe we just gave them a lot of shorter fields, I don't know. I'm not going back to watch that sh it show

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Lock threw for 250 and they ran for 223 I think. It was just a crap performance all around. Maybe I'm just blocking out the game, but I thought they were more efficient and would've had more yards. Maybe we just gave them a lot of shorter fields, I don't know. I'm not going back to watch that sh it show
I think ugay just beat us twice. The only silver lining in that debacle is the team hates those sob's almost as much as I do. Mizzou came up at the absolute worst time on our schedule.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think ugay just beat us twice. The only silver lining in that debacle is the team hates those sob's almost as much as I do. Mizzou came up at the absolute worst time on our schedule.

We rarely seem to get a favorable conference schedule, but having vandy follow uga used to be a nice luxury.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I miss the days of getting pressure with 3 DLs. I dont like Granthams D. His will cost us a game or two a year. I could be wrong.(not that I'm biased against anything leghumperish). But I prefer our D AND Special teams winning a couple for us.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I miss the days of getting pressure with 3 DLs. I dont like Granthams D. His will cost us a game or two a year. I could be wrong.(not that I'm biased against anything leghumperish). But I prefer our D AND Special teams winning a couple for us.
Leghumper fans hated Grantham when he was DC there.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sos beat Bammer w USC talent. Freeze beat them with Ole Miss talent plus three semi pro 5 stars.

The can be beat, especially if we keep dialing up the offense and can take them out of their comfort zone.

B ut we also need the depth to beat Ugly, LSU and a string of other SEC teams. That is the harder part.

Beating them during the regular season is different than doing it in a championship game when they are focused.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
What’s wrong with Grantham?

I don't normally buy into "group think" predicated on an insulting label affixed to a coach by a rival fan base. And if I did go in for that sort of thing, I still wouldn't take a damn thing said by anyone connected with UGA at face value. But the "third and Grantham" moniker has taken root and stuck long after his departure from Dwagtown. IMO, his high-risk, high-reward commitment to nearly constant blitzing is a mixed blessing at best, and is an outright recipe for disaster against a team with the coaching and personnel to exploit it.

It may be that the many breakdowns in the secondary that occurred this season can be ascribed to injuries, poor play by the LBs against the pass, or a problem with the level of the talent at safety. Who the phukk really knows for sure? There is a lot of smoke though, and we all know what that usually means. I'm not saying Grantham should be let go, overall the defense did improve and did play well late in the season. But if TG did leave, and MM did replace him, I personally would view that as an upgrade for a whole host of reasons. Just my opinion you understand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.