2019 Quarterback Competition

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Of course we did. Every team in every game does. But we blew them out. Dominated them. Stomped their sorry azzes. Since when is that not enough?

Of course I am related to him. We’re both Gators.
Obviously I'm talking about the future. This offense could be significantly better. Significantly.

As for being "both Gators", Franks would spit on you if you crossed paths. He's not a fan of anyone who isn't him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was vilified here. Hated more than any Gator player ever. Not even just as a player but personally attacked on his intelligence and character.
This. And people forget he is a sophomore. Mostly I blame the casual fans who think tue offense is 80% QB. They just dont know better.

Of course that doesnt explain the people who rag on FF but worshipped dumbazz Driskel, the laziest QB we ve ever had, no doubt, and a guy who produced half as much as FF.

Look, I thought EJ would overtake him this year quickly. It didnt happen. Mullinz has given EJ a few snaps and almost no throws. It doesnt suggest that Mullinz is anywhere close to trusting him. I truly expected a couple of series in first half and maybe all of the fourth quarter if we were blowing them out. Again... it didnt happen. No matter what I think, Mullinz thinks it isnt close.

More importantly, why the hell arent we celebrating two blowout wins to finish the season?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
More importantly, why the hell arent we celebrating two blowout wins to finish the season?
Who isn't celebrating? It's a message board. Why do people say retarded things like this?

Coming from you it's hysterical, who has bashed the program ALL YEAR.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He was vilified here. Hated more than any Gator player ever. Not even just as a player but personally attacked on his intelligence and character.
He brought 100% of that on himself. Every single bit, which I why I have no sympathy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh brother, Law admonishing us for not being pumpers. I can now safely say I've seen everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh brother, Law admonishing us for not being pumpers. I can now safely say I've seen everything.
Isn't that the truth? Good Lord, I couldn't believe that post.

It's like Chief admonishing us for not having a sense of humor.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't that the truth? Good Lord, I couldn't believe that post.

It's like Chief admonishing us for not having a sense of humor.
I laughed out loud. :snicker:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Obviously I'm talking about the future. This offense could be significantly better. Significantly.

As for being "both Gators", Franks would spit on you if you crossed paths. He's not a fan of anyone who isn't him.

(A) I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you. Nor do I care who wins the job. I want the best team possible and as DM says...the QB that gives us the best chance to win. I’m only saying preferring one Gator does not require bashing another. I hope they all do well.

(B) According to his teammates he is nothing like you describe.
He was not a good player as a freshman.....so you hated him. Some Said he was stupid, some said he was retarded others that he was a mental midget. Every pass was dissected and ripped to shreds. All because he was inexperienced and not playing well. It became more and more personal and eventually outright lies. He responded to it. You call it immature ...I call it the fight in the dog. His attitude made him and our team better than when he laid down like Driskel. I like a man that can look someone in the eye and say FU rather than take their shyt. This kid persevered. No quit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SID has special shirts and such for photos like those to make the players look bigger...Kinda like some guys drop an 80 count baked potato in the front of their drawers before going to the bar.....:lol2:
I think I need to make us thread on kooky concrete theories.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who isn't celebrating? It's a message board. Why do people say retarded things like this?

Coming from you it's hysterical, who has bashed the program ALL YEAR.
And yet, finishing the season with two blowout wins is HUGE, BABY! /boss

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He brought 100% of that on himself. Every single bit, which I why I have no sympathy.

No way. The most vilified player ever. Just for not being good enough as a freshman. Needed time and coaching. Began to respond to the attacks and suddenly the internet warriors became highly offended. They could dish it out on a personal level but couldn’t take it.

He doesn’t need your sympathy. As we both seem to agree...he would just tell you FU. He’s got this until someone takes it away. EJ has his shot starting now.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
This. And people forget he is a sophomore. Mostly I blame the casual fans who think tue offense is 80% QB. They just dont know better.

Of course that doesnt explain the people who rag on FF but worshipped dumbazz Driskel, the laziest QB we ve ever had, no doubt, and a guy who produced half as much as FF.

Look, I thought EJ would overtake him this year quickly. It didnt happen. Mullinz has given EJ a few snaps and almost no throws. It doesnt suggest that Mullinz is anywhere close to trusting him. I truly expected a couple of series in first half and maybe all of the fourth quarter if we were blowing them out. Again... it didnt happen. No matter what I think, Mullinz thinks it isnt close.

4341566A-58EC-4F88-B1FB-5D47BC66C240.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No way. The most vilified player ever. Just for not being good enough as a freshman. Needed time and coaching. Began to respond to the attacks and suddenly the internet warriors became highly offended. They could dish it out on a personal level but couldn’t take it.
"Most vilified player ever" - GTFO. Exaggerate much?

And he didn't respond to "internet warriors", he told his OWN FANS in his OWN STADIUM to STFU, someone none of us had ever seen before. It's indefensible, yet I have a feeling you'll defend it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, I don’t agree with that. Word, as early as February, was that Franks was bulking up to get himself ready to play a new styles of football—to which he didn’t sign on to play. He had to hear all offseason that virtually every QB both on the roster and within 1000 miles of UF campus was better suited and should be played over him. He was commended after week 1, with immediate qualifying statements about him having a ceiling and, again, just biding time for someone better. Even players on other teams’ rosters were pined over to come in and replace him every time a transfer was hinted. On and on. All of this for a Soph, and from fans who ironically consider his coach for the first two years to be arguably UF’s worst coach in history.

No one is denying he had bad moments. Some completely terrible. But even in his worst moments the guy seemed to care more and fight harder than any QB we’ve had since Tebow. And he was basically assigned the 3 losses, despite the fact that the entire team played like garbage for most of those contests.

It was only then that he started getting mouthy and adversarial with the fans. I don’t agree with his approach, but I don’t see it as some unilateral decision to be a prick.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
When he loses his job in the fall, he'll quit. You'll see.

And if and when....we can all bash him together. However, I’m not going to attack him now for not being near ready as a freshman and certainly not for having the stones to go eyeball to eyeball with those talking shyt. I kinda respect that. You’re too young but I used to love Joe Kapp because he wanted to fight linebackers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator