jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’s hard to keep track, is this:
1. It’s only June, wait until December to make decision on the recruiting OR
2. A sarcastic It’s Only June because that’s a big catchphrase right now to deflect any and all critique?

I’m in the let’s see December, but can also acknowledge when we miss on a myself.
Yes.

No.

not bad mike pence GIF by Election 2016

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Isn't the Manning kid making a visit to the Gators next week? Maybe, they are holding off in the event that for some unexpected reason he decides on the Gators? IDK, just a thought.

Reliable intel suggests we’ll come in 2nd for the manning kid, so the other QBs probably aren’t concerned about it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It’s hard to keep track, is this:
1. It’s only June, wait until December to make decision on the recruiting OR
2. A sarcastic It’s Only June because that’s a big catchphrase right now to deflect any and all critique?

I’m in the let’s see December, but can also acknowledge when we miss on a myself.
3. Wait till September'ish. If we are filling up with a avg rating below 91 then we are muLLLLLLLening.

However, its night and day between Napier and muLLLLLLLen with regards to effort. Its also a totally new world with NIL in play too. Im not going to quit pumping because of aj harris. The punk grew up a uga fan and it sure seems like he trolled us, plus he has shown he is a drama queen. We are in on some just as good DBs and we got one of the greatest DB coaches/recruiters in the game. We very well may end up with another muLLLLLLen'eque class but it wont change the fact that this kid is a punk.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Reliable intel suggests we’ll come in 2nd for the manning kid, so the other QBs probably aren’t concerned about it.

I am hearing though Arch has the #1 rating for QBs...It maybe over hyped. Though he's been groomed by some of the best, he has not played the competition that these other QBs have.

Talk is UGA...but their QB Room is packed.

I am also hearing Rashada has spent a lot more time at UF (Full 3 days) and Oregon thinks he's a UF lock.

I know little to nothing about recruiting but I still say Arch goes to Lane at Ole Piss and Rashada comes to UF.

At UF, AR-15 has been hurt a lot and if he has a good year he may be gone but even then he'll (Rashada) see the field fairly quickly. Distance to me is the only issue and NIL $$$$

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Rashada said they are pushing the announcement back to the weekend of his grandmother's birthday.

*It also conveniently coincides with some Dante Moore visit to aTm that weekend. Could be seeing what happens there before pulling the trigger to UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
IAt UF, AR-15 has been hurt a lot and if he has a good year he may be gone but even then he'll (Rashada) see the field fairly quickly. Distance to me is the only issue and NIL $$$$
AR15 is gone after this season whether he gets hurt or not. We’ve got one year with him.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
3. Wait till September'ish. If we are filling up with a avg rating below 91 then we are muLLLLLLLening.

However, its night and day between Napier and muLLLLLLLen with regards to effort. Its also a totally new world with NIL in play too. Im not going to quit pumping because of aj harris. The punk grew up a uga fan and it sure seems like he trolled us, plus he has shown he is a drama queen. We are in on some just as good DBs and we got one of the greatest DB coaches/recruiters in the game. We very well may end up with another muLLLLLLen'eque class but it wont change the fact that this kid is a punk.
Jamie-Foxx-as-Wanda.jpg

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
QB recruiting is musical chairs, just make sure your butt is in a seat when the music stops. There’s really only room for one top kid in each schools class, those dominoes tend to sort out in a flurry. Most top schools are in the mix for z the same 5 or 10 guys, it’s just a matter of them all falling in line to be the tent polls of their class

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we'd adopt some type of moneyball approach as far as recruiting goes if we can't keep up as far NIL goes. Instead of trying to outbid the Miami's and anm's of the world for an elite qb. Maybe load up the rest of the roster with that money and try to find an under the radar qb and play the portal for it aswell.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we'd adopt some type of moneyball approach as far as recruiting goes if we can't keep up as far NIL goes. Instead of trying to outbid the Miami's and anm's of the world for an elite qb. Maybe load up the rest of the roster with that money and try to find an under the radar qb and play the portal for it aswell.
200.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
scUM isn't a big NIL team. They are over paying for talent because they have to for the players that aren't really worth going all in for. Its like Zavion Hardy to USCe. They are going to outbid us for him because we aren't going to pay 5* prices for 4* talent. Thats going to be their type of top recruit in their class. That is going to be the avg for ours. There are many players out their just as good as Hardy. There aren't many Bryant's out there. We are going to go all in for those types.

Citizen...aint worth the money. We pulled Johnson and Etienne in that class. Citizen is really good, but he aint worth the money, esp looking at the recruits in the next class. Jackson...a good add, but aint worth the money. So, congrats to scUM for getting some good players, but it cost them the price of great players and now they set their market value.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Harris isn’t the end of the world. Waiting til December. Goalposts aren’t moving w/ me. Though I will say looking at the 2022 rankings, I’ll give Donk credit. 6-8 had a better grade (or at least 6 and 8) than #5 according to 24/7, just Texas got a higher amount of signees to slide into #5. Michigan at 9 was a full point below Oklahoma at 8. So that would be a cutoff for me. Are we hovering around the same grade class wise as the top 5?

Still, I can point to top 5 classes in the bump class by:
Saban
Kirby
Zook
Meyer
Muschamp
Richt
Sarkisian at Texas

And say, I think the people that say they think Nape is fully capable, but then contradict themselves by saying you can’t expect him to do well like the above list are funny. Even funnier when they say things about NIL changing the game when I hear that “NIL is going to be our strength here”.

At some point, be objective, don’t use contradicting platitudes so you can move goalposts later. I’m saying with the facilities, army, guys like Raymond, the Collective and Guard, in February, 2023, I expect top tier results.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
And say, I think the people that say they think Nape is fully capable, but then contradict themselves by saying you can’t expect him to do well like the above list are funny. Even funnier when they say things about NIL changing the game when I hear that “NIL is going to be our strength here”.

At some point, be objective, don’t use contradicting platitudes so you can move goalposts later. I’m saying with the facilities, army, guys like Raymond, the Collective and Guard, in February, 2023, I expect top tier results.
Not sure what argument you are trying to push me into but whatever. They are your goal posts, not mine, put yours where you want but don't tell me Im moving mine. Im not contradicting a single thing. NIL has changed the recruiting game and we are one of the teams with a lot there. That should translate to a top class on ESD/NSD. If it doesn't we should really understand why. My benchmark, goal posts, or whatever you want to call it is September'ish, or probably better stated when we start getting commitments. If we are sitting at 15 commitments with a avg rating under 91 then I think we can start to bitch and moan about why that is happening. We aren't going to add enough to have a great class on ESD/NSD from that place.

So you can wait until ESD/NSD if you want, but its going to become obvious a lot sooner. And you know...duh...how our team actually plays on the field.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Not sure what argument you are trying to push me into but whatever. They are your goal posts, not mine, put yours where you want but don't tell me Im moving mine. Im not contradicting a single thing. NIL has changed the recruiting game and we are one of the teams with a lot there. That should translate to a top class on ESD/NSD. If it doesn't we should really understand why. My benchmark, goal posts, or whatever you want to call it is September'ish, or probably better stated when we start getting commitments. If we are sitting at 15 commitments with a avg rating under 91 then I think we can start to bitch and moan about why that is happening. We aren't going to add enough to have a great class on ESD/NSD from that place.

So you can wait until ESD/NSD if you want, but its going to become obvious a lot sooner. And you know...duh...how our team actually plays on the field.

Wasn’t talking about you, sorry if there’s a misunderstanding. Just giving an example of bs I see people spewing. Don’t get so defensive‍♂️.

I mean, our team could get 10 wins and it may not impact recruiting (see Mullen, Dan).

Yes, if we have that many signed in September we will definitely see. I don’t think we do a whole lot of signing unless it’s 91 or above before then. Could be wrong. I remember Nape getting some good ones late last year so unless we’ve blown a ton of scholly’s on projects earlier, I’ll choose to wait.

Also, I 100% agree with you on NIL. We have a lot there. And for the people who are saying we can’t expect recruiting results this year, NIL is the great equalizer that can move timeframes forward.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If by our game against Utah we are still sub 90 avg rating and having these same conversations we are in trouble.

Maybe this year. I still say this staff can do more with less...and we will recruit much better once Napier has a few games under his belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.