Breakout Offensive Star

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fully agree. I was more commenting on those classes he had to work with, and also his recognition of needing to take the next step. As Law said, the idea that he didn't care about recruiting is one of the dumbest ever.

But yeah, not sure what to think about what we might be leaving for the next guy should that happen.

They were solid classes with some good talent, but were lacking the pieces that take you over the top... I got to see Spurrier while he was take kids around campus in the early 90s he would sell UF. He could sell a kid on the program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have to look at what is here like that, these classes are hopefully the building blocks that will an elite coach can build upon.
And they are not.

We need three straight top 3 to top5 classes and then hire a ln elite coach to be back in the conversation.

We are going to be a laughingstock for a long time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And they are not.

We need three straight top 3 to top5 classes and then hire a ln elite coach to be back in the conversation.

We are going to be a laughingstock for a long time.

We aren't going to be there, but an elite coach will put us in position to truly compete for the SEC. Not show up to just accept our ass kicking. With 3 top 5 classes away from competing on a national level.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He inherited a solid roster with talent. But he also had a bit of a ceiling that you could see. It's why those '92-94 classes were so ridiculous, '94 in particular. He recognized that to compete for a titles annually, and to keep certain rivals at bay, he had to bring in elite classes. That's the biggest difference I've seen. Two really good signal callers. Two very cocky individuals that are sure they can beat you. Only one that hates losing enough to do whatever it takes to get over that hump.

There's that, but a few other slight differences I've detected is one of them one is a hunchbacked, dooshbag mf'ing lazy-ass, excuse making quitter. See if you can guess which one I'm talking about. I assume when you said "Hump" you weren't referring to Nads' back. If you were then ignore hunchbacked since you already noted that difference.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We aren't going to be there, but an elite coach will put us in position to truly compete for the SEC. Not show up to just accept our ass kicking. With 3 top 5 classes away from competing on a national level.

Well who is this Elite Coach? Who is this guy who will come with inferior facilities? Who is this guy who has to win with squeaky clean players? Who is this guy who now has to put up with an Administration that thinks Football is an afterthought?

I've never been able to get Donk to tell us who his pick would be?

That's why I'm for rolling the dice on Developing an "ELITE" coach....like a Kerwin or a Jamey Chadwell

We ALL know Cousin Eddie ain't the GUY.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well who is this Elite Coach? Who is this guy who will come with inferior facilities? Who is this guy who has to win with squeaky clean players? Who is this guy who now has to put up with an Administration that thinks Football is an afterthought?

That's why I'm for rolling the dice on Developing an "ELITE" coach....like a Kerwin or a Jamey Chadwell

Finding someone who is elite, that is ready for that next step up. I would rather swing for the fences and miss than continue with mediocrity. Which is what we are currently accepting.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Finding someone who is elite, that is ready for that next step up. I would rather swing for the fences and miss than continue with mediocrity. Which is what we are currently accepting.

EXACTLY

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

I want Matt Campbell. He actually believes in relentless effort and hates losing as much as the Elite coaches like Saban, Meyer, Dabo, etc. Fire Dullem and make Campbell an offer to double his current 4 million Salary at the end of this year, and at least we'd have a coach who GAF. Mullen is completely comfortable losing 3-4 games a year and spending most of the year on vacation.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I want Matt Campbell. He actually believes in relentless effort and hates losing as much as the Elite coaches like Saban, Meyer, Dabo, etc. Fire Dullem and make Campbell an offer to double his current 4 million Salary at the end of this year, and at least we'd have a coach who GAF. Mullen is completely comfortable losing 3-4 games a year and spending most of the year on vacation.

I hear ya...and Iowa vs Florida...not really a tough decision?

I know I'm a homer...But I'd love to see Kerwin or Shane...or some other Gator Great...Make the Swamp scary again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There isnt anything elite about Mullen, Matt Campbell, Fuentes and all the usual pieces of shyt.

There is a reasonntheir championship cabinet looks like:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Jeesus fuchsing Christ.

You really want to hire another 7-5 "just keep the score close" coach. What a piece of shyt time of possession guy.

Muschamp part 8.

Classic Donk...you suck...your ideas suck...but again he is too limp penis to put his choice out there.

Same Donkey Shyte...different Donkey day

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think Campbell is a solid coach, but a bad fit for the UF culture. We need an offensive minded coach. Campbell while a potentially elite coach in the right situation, wouldn't be that kind of guy at UF.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Classic Donk...you suck...your ideas suck...but again he is too limp penis to put his choice out there.

Same Donkey Shyte...different Donkey day

He's made it pretty clear in the past who he wants.

His guy has went

7-6 in 2017
6-7 in 2018
4-8 in 2019
2-4 in 2020

His guy just keeps getting better and better :lol:. But in his defense he also coaches in the toughest division in college football, you know the one the mighty Northwestern Wildcats win most years.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So Matt Campbell and Kerwin Bell get votes for being Breakout offensive stars this season and Dan Mullen gets left out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's made it pretty clear in the past who he wants.

His guy has went

7-6 in 2017
6-7 in 2018
4-8 in 2019
2-4 in 2020

His guy just keeps getting better and better :lol:. But in his defense he also coaches in the toughest division in college football, you know the one the mighty Northwestern Wildcats win most years.

Yeah, I’m assuming that’s Brohm. Law will rail against Mullen’s Msu record facing Saban, Miles, etc. every year, but then claim Purdue is an deadend job that no one can win at.

Don’t forget his other choice, Fedora. Since flaming out at Unc and being replaced by an 87 year old who immediately did better, he’s been an analyst at Texas specializing in copying papers and grabbing coffee, and was fired last year after one season as OC at Baylor, exiting the game entirely. The last I heard he was doing Monavie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.