Breakout Offensive Star

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm anxious to see Bowman in Mullens, throw the ball 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and see what you can make happen role.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Debose/Wells combo gives us an experience factor seldom seen in college football. Both turn 30 this year.
you laugh but Rick Wells is going to be on the field a lot.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking about that. there's going to be some players who would have been sixth years seniors last year who are getting an extra year because of Wuflu.

I guess here's one.

Ive got bad news for those guys. if they're still in the transfer portal right now they're likely not going anywhere in division 1 or 1AA. not too many seats left open.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Shorter??? Copeland??? :facepalm:

The answer is Trent Whittemore.

Big target (6'4"), fast, and the best hands on the team.

Was emerging last year until that broken rib/punctured lung thing.

Alex.

Agree. My pick, too. He’s a phenomenal athlete and makes plays.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this year isn't last year. Of course we still have Grantham as DC so maybe it's a crappy do over. Seems like most of the posters here want the Gators to suck!

None of the posters here want the Gators to suck.

Not even our rival posters.

We want the Gators to be great.

We just have different opinions as to how to achieve greatness.

Alex.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Maybe this year isn't last year. Of course we still have Grantham as DC so maybe it's a crappy do over. Seems like most of the posters here want the Gators to suck!

Come on man. Stop being a dumbarse. Im pulling for Mullen, I really am. Im not a fan of his offensive style but I do recognize that they were well coached last season. The defense was the exact opposite. There is no way we should have kept Grantham yet Mullen doubled down on him. There is no way our defense can be any worse than last season but its still going to be Granthams crappy scheme. There is a reason he only coaches somewhere for a few years before getting pushed out. However, Mullen seems to keep people no matter what.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Come on man. Stop being a dumbarse. Im pulling for Mullen, I really am. Im not a fan of his offensive style but I do recognize that they were well coached last season. The defense was the exact opposite. There is no way we should have kept Grantham yet Mullen doubled down on him. There is no way our defense can be any worse than last season but its still going to be Granthams crappy scheme. There is a reason he only coaches somewhere for a few years before getting pushed out. However, Mullen seems to keep people no matter what.

The problem is there's little balance here and you have these extreme opinions of either baseless optimism or exaggerated doom. Joegator, to his credit, sits right in the middle.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

I have not seen a single post by you that was supportive of Mullen. Whining about recruiting, rankings, performance is certain games, taking a vacation, assistant coaches, good gracious.

What offensive style do you expect, the Doug Dickey wishbone? It seems Mullen modifies the offense to fit the personnel, seems smart to me! This year it will probably be more balanced run/ pass with a true option type QB instead of a pure dropback passer. The D sucked last year, maybe Grantham sucks or maybe there were extenuating circumstances that affected their preparation, we will see this season. Your opinion has no more standing than does mine and dumbarse isn't a word dip****.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have not seen a single post by you that was supportive of Mullen. Whining about recruiting, rankings, performance is certain games, taking a vacation, assistant coaches, good gracious.

What offensive style do you expect, the Doug Dickey wishbone? It seems Mullen modifies the offense to fit the personnel, seems smart to me! This year it will probably be more balanced run/ pass with a true option type QB instead of a pure dropback passer. The D sucked last year, maybe Grantham sucks or maybe there were extenuating circumstances that affected their preparation, we will see this season. Your opinion has no more standing than does mine and dumbarse isn't a word dip****.

Has there been anything positive since 5 December?

Dude, explain a couple things to me.

1. How do you take a coach seriously when in 2019 they make a huge deal about being the peach bowl champions and then a year later blows off the cotton bowl? I guess relentless effort is just a cool thing to say but it really doesn't mean anything.

2. How do you explain how in synch and well coached our offense was all season while the defense looked lost from the very first kickoff until the very last play of the whole season of 2020? Seriously, the offense was a very well oiled machine. I don't remember a single false start. I don't remember any illegal formations. I dont remember any busted plays. I dont remember any young guys coming in and being lost. Flip it to the other side and its night and day. The defense sucked from the get go and they got worse all season. Yeah, some of it is lack of talent up front (whose fault is that anyways) but most of it was an obvious horrible job of coaching. Players were lost. Clueless. Undisciplined. Im so sick of the whole extenuating circumstances (covid) that affected their ability to prepare crap when it was obvious that it was so much more than lack of practice. The offense, which has way more going on, was a tight unit. It doesn't add up nor should it be excused.

What offensive style I prefer is irrelevant, but I don't prefer option offenses that relies heavily on a highly talented QB. Thats my preference and I keep it separate from my observations as to what happens. Im no expert nor do I profess to be one, I just like what I like.

So lets flip the script...I never see you critique Mullen at all. You just sit there in wearing that dumb hat, blocking the walkway and acting like everything is hunky dory with coach Mullen. Do you think his recruiting is good enough? Do you think Mullen inciting fights during a game then acting like he didnt is ok? Do you think Grantham should still be coaching our defense? Is there anything really positive going on with the program right now? Mullen is continuing to be lazy on the recruiting and is getting out worked in his own backyard. Geesh, Norvell is gaining ground on him...freaking NORVELL.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Has there been anything positive since 5 December?

Dude, explain a couple things to me.
OK dude!

1. How do you take a coach seriously when in 2019 they make a huge deal about being the peach bowl champions and then a year later blows off the cotton bowl? I guess relentless effort is just a cool thing to say but it really doesn't mean anything.

So the Florida gator coach is responsible for this moronic bowl system. Thanks for making my case that you just can't stand Mullen and want Scott Frost or some other can't miss superstar at the helm

2. How do you explain how in synch and well coached our offense was all season while the defense looked lost from the very first kickoff until the very last play of the whole season of 2020? Seriously, the offense was a very well oiled machine. I don't remember a single false start. I don't remember any illegal formations. I dont remember any busted plays. I dont remember any young guys coming in and being lost. Flip it to the other side and its night and day. The defense sucked from the get go and they got worse all season. Yeah, some of it is lack of talent up front (whose fault is that anyways) but most of it was an obvious horrible job of coaching. Players were lost. Clueless. Undisciplined. Im so sick of the whole extenuating circumstances (covid) that affected their ability to prepare crap when it was obvious that it was so much more than lack of practice. The offense, which has way more going on, was a tight unit. It doesn't add up nor should it be excused.

What offensive style I prefer is irrelevant, but I don't prefer option offenses that relies heavily on a highly talented QB. Thats my preference and I keep it separate from my observations as to what happens. Im no expert nor do I profess to be one, I just like what I like.

You clearly aren't an expert with the comment above saying the Offense "has way more going on". Let me explain something "dude" the offense knows exactly what it's formation, personnel package play call and play options when they break the huddle. The Defense has to anticipate based on down and distance, and trends the opponent has shown in previous games. Playing and coaching Defense is much more difficult and is why the combined score in D1 exceeds 60 points per game. Duh! Our defense sucked all year and the lack of preparation, poor tackling and lack of discipline falls on Grantham and the other defensive coaches, two of which were fired. I would prefer he replace the D-coordinator and if the performance does not improve to championship level Mullen is accountable.

So lets flip the script...I never see you critique Mullen at all. You just sit there in wearing that dumb hat, blocking the walkway and acting like everything is hunky dory with coach Mullen. Do you think his recruiting is good enough? Do you think Mullen inciting fights during a game then acting like he didnt is ok? Do you think Grantham should still be coaching our defense? Is there anything really positive going on with the program right now? Mullen is continuing to be lazy on the recruiting and is getting out worked in his own backyard. Geesh, Norvell is gaining ground on him...freaking NORVELL.

I'm so upset you don't like my hat, boo hoo! Flip the script, LOL you just reinforced what I have said that you want Mullen fired. Sorry dude, Saban and Swinney have jobs and aren't coming here. Get a freaking clue little girl with the curls.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'm so upset you don't like my hat, boo hoo! Flip the script, LOL you just reinforced what I have said that you want Mullen fired. Sorry dude, Saban and Swinney have jobs and aren't coming here. Get a freaking clue little girl with the curls.

What does Saban and Swinney have to do with what our coach is and isn't doing? Dan Mullen isn't Jesus Christ. He isn't perfect and we are allowed to point out the things he is doing good and the things he is not doing good. You want to label me as a whinner who can't say anything good about Mullen and then I do. The real truth is you can't seem to say anything bad about Mullen but what you do say is a tell. Your little comment about Saban and Swinney says it all. So let me ask the question you won't answer another way since you want to throw insults at me in order to avoid saying what you know is the truth but if you do it will make you a whinner.

What is Saban and Swinney doing that Dan Mullen isn't?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What offensive style do you expect, the Doug Dickey wishbone? It seems Mullen modifies the offense to fit the personnel, seems smart to me! .
Lol I know some people just dont understand the slightest thing about football Xs and Os but you picked the UF coach whose playbook is most like Mullinz, Doug Dickey. Douchebag moves the TEs to slot and runs the same damn option plays every other option coach else runs. They are just plain old single wing options mostly, run out of a pretend modern spread formation... which is why he tells people he only cares about WRs blocking (and continues to play stonehanded kids).

He LITERALLY ran the option with Kyle Trash nearly 50% of the plays, while the world laughed at him and the unblocked DE-- unblocked by Dans play design--- blasted the TB innthe backfield. The same toolbags that dont understand the playbook blame the OL instead of the proper source, Douchebag's fuchsed up playbook.

60-80 of his passes are screen passes.... just toss sweeps really to the defense.

He is the laughable complete opposite of "adapting" to the players.

At best he massaged the mix of the same old plays he has been runnimg for 20 years.

Urban made him adapt and throw away the option bullshyt with Leak on the field, Brian Johnson tried too, but to no avail beyond a few games.

Mullinz is really the mirror image of Chimp. Chimp still runs Saban's 2003 defense, without all the improvements that Saban has made. Mullinz runs the same playbook from 2003 without any advancememts.

it is why two of those guys are champions and the other two are understudies.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After Jones gets hurt, Richardson, because we all know Dip**** Dan will never bench EJ for piss poor performance.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I will choose Nay’quan Wright. He is another Warrick Dunn type. In 6A high school competition he was outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.