Breakout Offensive Star

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
What does Saban and Swinney have to do with what our coach is and isn't doing? Dan Mullen isn't Jesus Christ. He isn't perfect and we are allowed to point out the things he is doing good and the things he is not doing good. You want to label me as a whinner who can't say anything good about Mullen and then I do. The real truth is you can't seem to say anything bad about Mullen but what you do say is a tell. Your little comment about Saban and Swinney says it all. So let me ask the question you won't answer another way since you want to throw insults at me in order to avoid saying what you know is the truth but if you do it will make you a whinner.

What is Saban and Swinney doing that Dan Mullen isn't?

Let's rephrase the question "What is Saban and Swinney doing that no other college coach in America is doing?" The answer is obvious they earn the opportunity to play for a national championship every year, the real question is what do they do differently to always make the show? Which is my point that you and others here believe it's the Devine right of Gator Nation to play for championships every year. News flash, we are good, at times very good, at others nor even close to good enough. The program to watch and emulate to get to the caliber of Bama and Clemson is TA&M and what Fisher is doing. They are really close to making the SECW the Natty elimination bracket. If UF cannot put an SEC caliber D on the field then Grantham must go and if Mullen won't make the call then he will need to go too.

If your skin is too thin for insults then stop hurling them.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Let's rephrase the question "What is Saban and Swinney doing that no other college coach in America is doing?" The answer is obvious they earn the opportunity to play for a national championship every year, the real question is what do they do differently to always make the show? Which is my point that you and others here believe it's the Devine right of Gator Nation to play for championships every year. News flash, we are good, at times very good, at others nor even close to good enough. The program to watch and emulate to get to the caliber of Bama and Clemson is TA&M and what Fisher is doing. They are really close to making the SECW the Natty elimination bracket. If UF cannot put an SEC caliber D on the field then Grantham must go and if Mullen won't make the call then he will need to go too.

If your skin is too thin for insults then stop hurling them.

What a freaking dance. You can't even say it because you know you are wrong. You have to rephrase the question.

What is Mullen not doing that Saban and Swinney are doing?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
What a freaking dance. You can't even say it because you know you are wrong. You have to rephrase the question.

What is Mullen not doing that Saban and Swinney are doing?

Wrong about what? My opinion has as much validity as any one else. It's an opinion on an opinion board. Get a clue Alice.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wrong about what? My opinion has as much validity as any one else. It's an opinion on an opinion board. Get a clue Alice.

No, you come on here and call everyone who critiques the job Mullen is doing a whinner. Then when asked direct questions about what it is our coach is and isn't doing compared to those programs you say we should emulate you avoid it. My opinion is our coach is a lazy recruiter and keeps dead weight coaches on his staff while those other programs you mention are hard working recruiters and hold their coaching staff to higher standards. Saying that doesn't make me a whinner. But you getting triggered by that opinion makes you whine about it.

You are a twatwaffle. Take your crap to swampgas.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's rephrase the question "What is Saban and Swinney doing that no other college coach in America is doing?" The answer is obvious they earn the opportunity to play for a national championship every year, .
Wrong. Just like Meyer, they were RECRUITING at NC levels beforenthey became NCs.

Recruiting always comes first. You cant make a cake without the ingredients.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But SOS could turn water to wine...:burn:
Top class in 91 and 94, by most of the magazines. Several others. 99 maybe, whenever Brock andnthe Berlin Wall was. Top 3 most of the other years.

Hilarious old wives tail constantly told by old wives.

He often got outrecruited by Booby but not by six-eight of our rivals.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Top class in 91 and 94, by most of the magazines. Several others. 99 maybe, whenever Brock andnthe Berlin Wall was. Top 3 most of the other years.

Hilarious old wives tail constantly told by old wives.

He often got outrecruited by Booby but not by six-eight of our rivals.

Pell and Hall were also recruiting very well before Spurrier came in, talent wasn't the problem with Florida when SOS came in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pell and Hall were also recruiting very well before Spurrier came in, talent wasn't the problem with Florida when SOS came in.
They recruited pretty well but they were also on probation. I don't care who you are some of these kids flop. when your numbers are down that's just more chances of not having a sec competent player at each position.

being 15 or 20 players short is a real big deal.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They recruited pretty well but they were also on probation. I don't care who you are some of these kids flop. when your numbers are down that's just more chances of not having a sec competent player at each position.

being 15 or 20 players short is a real big deal.
it' is but it's those classes that were what Spurrier built upon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
it' is but it's those classes that were what Spurrier built upon.

He inherited a solid roster with talent. But he also had a bit of a ceiling that you could see. It's why those '92-94 classes were so ridiculous, '94 in particular. He recognized that to compete for a titles annually, and to keep certain rivals at bay, he had to bring in elite classes. That's the biggest difference I've seen. Two really good signal callers. Two very cocky individuals that are sure they can beat you. Only one that hates losing enough to do whatever it takes to get over that hump.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He inherited a solid roster with talent. But he also had a bit of a ceiling that you could see. It's why those '92-94 classes were so ridiculous, '94 in particular. He recognized that to compete for a titles annually, and to keep certain rivals at bay, he had to bring in elite classes. That's the biggest difference I've seen. Two really good signal callers. Two very cocky individuals that are sure they can beat you. Only one that hates losing enough to do whatever it takes to get over that hump.

No doubt. I'm not knocking what Spurrier did afterwards.. but now you have to look at it with how our future will look, what about the current classes will set up the next Spurrier or Meyer. We have to look at what is here like that, these classes are hopefully the building blocks that will an elite coach can build upon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No doubt. I'm not knocking what Spurrier did afterwards.. but now you have to look at it with how our future will look, what about the current classes will set up the next Spurrier or Meyer. We have to look at what is here like that, these classes are hopefully the building blocks that will an elite coach can build upon.

Fully agree. I was more commenting on those classes he had to work with, and also his recognition of needing to take the next step. As Law said, the idea that he didn't care about recruiting is one of the dumbest ever.

But yeah, not sure what to think about what we might be leaving for the next guy should that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.