Chance to Make Playoffs

GatorsRGrt

Sep 15, 2017
Notre Dame has a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoff. Their schedule going forward is pathetic. They had one chance for a major quality win, and although they did not get blown out, they lost. Michigan and USC have the name recognition, but both will lose 4 or 5 games this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Notre Dame has a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoff. Their schedule going forward is pathetic. They had one chance for a major quality win, and although they did not get blown out, they lost. Michigan and USC have the name recognition, but both will lose 4 or 5 games this year.

They could get in if there is a 2 loss champ in the Big 10 or Big 12. A big argument would be if OSU lost in their championship game as they wouldn't have any big wins then with Michigan being crap but I am not sure if they play Wisconsin in the regular season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With a 5 year sample it looks like so far they will take a 1 loss team over a 2 loss conference champ but that a 1 loss conference champ will get the nod over a 1 loss team that didn't win their conference. Surprised they haven't been forced to take a 2 loss team yet.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You seriously underestimate the power of the writers.

ND has been overrated my entire adult life and it wont stop anytime soon.

Two years may sound like a long time to you, but it’s not really all that long as an adult.

On a serious note, ND has had its knob slobbered by the media forever. It’s disgusting.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They could get in if there is a 2 loss champ in the Big 10 or Big 12. A big argument would be if OSU lost in their championship game as they wouldn't have any big wins then with Michigan being crap but I am not sure if they play Wisconsin in the regular season.

Ohio State hosts the badgers in late October, and likely will have a rematch in their championship game.
I don't see a one loss big ten champ getting left out this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ohio State hosts the badgers in late October, and likely will have a rematch in their championship game.
I don't see a one loss big ten champ getting left out this year.

If OSU won that game and lost the rematch I think they would go over ND as long as Wisconsin had no more than 2 losses.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
If UGA or Bama winds up with one loss (say, against the other in the SECCG), there'll still be members of the national sports media crying for ND to get in. It'd be sickening, but it'd happen even if UGA is the one loss team with a with over ND. I can hear it now: "They were just as good as UGA for 3 quarters" or "Bama isn't as good as prior years and this ND team hasn't lost since September".

The most fawned over team ever. It's why I can't stand them and am happy when they lose early and often.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GvDECS2.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Badgers & Bucks play 10/26 in Columbus

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If UGA or Bama winds up with one loss (say, against the other in the SECCG), there'll still be members of the national sports media crying for ND to get in. It'd be sickening, but it'd happen even if UGA is the one loss team with a with over ND. I can hear it now: "They were just as good as UGA for 3 quarters" or "Bama isn't as good as prior years and this ND team hasn't lost since September".

The most fawned over team ever. It's why I can't stand them and am happy when they lose early and often.

No, sickening would be uga going under ANY situation.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah... ok.

Yes if we won all of our games, we'd be in the playoff. Every P5 team can say that.

But we aren't beating Ugly and Trailerbammer with this squad of leftovers. Im not even going to say quality leftovers.

I think we have a really good shot to beat Georgia. It’s gonna be hard to keep up with LSU’s offense. And I think will get absolutely destroyed by Bama. So no – I don’t think we get into the playoffs

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OSU/Wisconsin, Clemson, and OK are getting in. The question is which SEC team?

Clemson and OK will probably both go undefeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.