Congrats to Billy

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's not over... But the Warriors must win every game the rest of the series... So yea, it's over.

Okc Cleveland will be interesting. Cleveland rebounds much better than golden state but okc will still have the advantage. As good as Lebron is, I just don't see them consistently outscoring okc and I don't think anyone can guard Westbrook who is currently the best player in the nba and it's not even close. I think okc is gonna do it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It's not over... But the Warriors must win every game the rest of the series... So yea, it's over.

Okc Cleveland will be interesting. Cleveland rebounds much better than golden state but okc will still have the advantage. As good as Lebron is, I just don't see them consistently outscoring okc and I don't think anyone can guard Westbrook who is currently the best player in the nba and it's not even close. I think okc is gonna do it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Donovan beat ohio again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Brutal 4th tonight by OKC. They lost it when it counted the most...at home. GS has a of momentum. It would be one of the greatest choke jobs in sports history to lose after going up 3-1 in the WCF. Or one of the greatest come backs of all-time. Ugh. Come on Billy.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brutal 4th tonight by OKC. They lost it when it counted the most...at home. GS has a of momentum. It would be one of the greatest choke jobs in sports history to lose after going up 3-1 in the WCF. Or one of the greatest come backs of all-time. Ugh. Come on Billy.

And the only team to win a WCF game 7 on the road is the 2002 Lakers. OKC is fighting history.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And the only team to win a WCF game 7 on the road is the 2002 Lakers. OKC is fighting history.

You might see KD bolt after an epic collapse. Not sure he and Westbrook can make it work. I thought Billy was doing a great job. I mean GS did have the best regular season in NBA history.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If those 3 ball boys didn't break the all time nba record for 3s in a game, okc wins, and they didn't even play that well. GS plays well at home but I doubt they go something like 18-26 from deep again.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
What I saw was Klay Thompson picking up Currys slack while Durant turned into a turnover machine in the 4th quarter.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a choke job but Durant did play poorly at the end. There is just no way to account for the 3s that Curry/Thompson were putting up. Yes, they are going to make some of those, they are the best 3 duo ever probably, but even for them last night was a record. What they did has never been done before. Had they missed just two of those shots they made, it still would have been one of the best performances on record but the likelihood of them winning that game would have plummeted.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a choke job but Durant did play poorly at the end. There is just no way to account for the 3s that Curry/Thompson were putting up. Yes, they are going to make some of those, they are the best 3 duo ever probably, but even for them last night was a record. What they did has never been done before. Had they missed just two of those shots they made, it still would have been one of the best performances on record but the likelihood of them winning that game would have plummeted.

The choke job will be losing game 7 after going up 3-1 in the WCF. No matter how you slice it...it is a major choke job on every level from HC down to the trainers.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The choke job will be losing game 7 after going up 3-1 in the WCF. No matter how you slice it...it is a major choke job on every level from HC down to the trainers.
They haven't even played the game yet. OKC won a game, then GSW won a game. Then OKC won two games, then GSW won two games. In case you haven't noticed, GSW is a good team. Choke job? Please. GSW needed a miracle to win that game last night and they got it, that's all there is to it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They haven't even played the game yet. OKC won a game, then GSW won a game. Then OKC won two games, then GSW won two games. In case you haven't noticed, GSW is a good team. Choke job? Please. GSW needed a miracle to win that game last night and they got it, that's all there is to it.

You don't go up 3-1 in the WCF and lose the series. You just don't. You step on their throat and end it. The game hasn't been played yet. That is true. The odds are no longer in OKC's favor though. Let's hope we don't have to have that convo. Like it or not it will be an epic choke job.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want to know why Donovan allowed Durant and Westbrook to go back to "hero ball" as Barkley put it. Kanter, Adams, and Ibaka need to be more involved like they were in the first part of the series.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It seems more like 2 on 2 rather than 5 on 5.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have they fired Billy yet?

As soon as they do, Kintucky is on the phone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They lose game 7 Billy will almost certainly be fired, with cause. They'll deny him every cent of his buyout.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BD has done a great coaching job. He can't make Durant make shots or not take a Hero 3 in desperation with 1 minute left. Stars have to be stars and Durant has been absent 2 games in a row.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durant didn't have his best game, but I'll reiterate for all the glass half full guys out there that when you're playing arguably the best team in the league and their shooters go on an all time record setting tear, there isn't much you can do. The story of that game wasn't that OKC choked, it was Klay Thompson and to a somewhat lesser extent Curry. Klay Thompson scored 37, yes 37 points in the third quarter! That is a special feat.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/0...torical-37-point-third-quarter-against-kings/

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KlayThompson's shooting in the second half is the greatest performance I've ever seen. Unless they tackled him every time he shot it was going to be money.

But I think that's what they're going to have to do in this next game. They are going to have to be really, really, really physical on Thompson and Curry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator