Dinner time

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
:lol: I'm sure. That's my reservation.
On the other hand, fortune favors the bold. I will freely admit to trying the recommendations of critics and wine sellers whose opinions I respect.
And, FTR, I back up my recommendations with my money. I went over to B-21 in Tarpon Springs on Saturday and picked up a case each of the Rioja Reserva and H3 Cab I recommended a week or two ago.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Country supper this evening, starting with fried cubed steak (pork, it’s almost bathing suit season)...

C15C2FBC-85AE-4737-A4AF-058CF3BDD568.jpeg

Fried steak, field peas (Sedandy from Calvary Ga), roasted squash, zucchini, carrots, and cow horn pepper, tomatoes and cucumber in vinegar.
Every vegetable save the carrots and peas was from the garden.

1F454BD5-7CFA-4BA7-9FA0-8CAB9B53493D.jpeg

To top it off, wife made a fresh peach pie.

53910A25-9F3D-4F11-ACDE-B434B9E58B29.jpeg

We used to eat like this once a day during the summer when I was growing up and working in shade tobacco. I was able to keep it worked off better than I can now, but it’s still as good as it ever was.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Country supper this evening, starting with fried cubed steak (pork, it’s almost bathing suit season)...

Fried steak, field peas (Sedandy from Calvary Ga), roasted squash, zucchini, carrots, and cow horn pepper, tomatoes and cucumber in vinegar.

We used to eat like this once a day during the summer when I was growing up and working in shade tobacco. I was able to keep it worked off better than I can now, but it’s still as good as it ever was.
Still using the fine china I see.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When mama doesn’t have to wash a bunch of dishes, it is automatically a 5 star dining experience:)
Mama couldn't care less how many dishes are needed to be washed, but she'll be damned if she will allow me to make a mess with frying something. Hell, I catch an earful when I simply cook up some crab cakes in a little olive oil and it has a little splatter.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Smoked wings and cauliflower zucchini au gratin
I've not smoked wings yet but have chicken quarters on the traeger but at a higher temp. Do you slow smoke your wings?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I do them 2-225 for about an hour then hot to crisp and get color. Normally I will pull from smoker then crisp on propane or charcoal. I’m not sure I get much more smoke than just going hot on the smoker from the get go. This batch was jerk wings again. The family has declared they are better than my standby bbq rub wings :(

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I've not smoked wings yet but have chicken quarters on the traeger but at a higher temp. Do you slow smoke your wings?
I smoke mine at 375 until they are done. High temp gets that crispy skin and, depending on wood selection, ensures you don't oversmoke them.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Don’t think it is possible to over smoke on my pellet.. convenient as heck, just struggle with flavor

On my old stick burner, as hot as I could get it and still get smoke flavor. I would do pork butts at 270-300 with tons of smoke, doesn’t happen with the pellet pooper

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Don’t think it is possible to over smoke on my pellet.. convenient as heck, just struggle with flavor

On my old stick burner, as hot as I could get it and still get smoke flavor. I would do pork butts at 270-300 with tons of smoke, doesn’t happen with the pellet pooper
I’ve been looking into a pellet popper and have read similar. If you’re cooking above 250, smoke decreases rapidly. Too efficient. I’ve read about some smokers that purposely allow temperature fluctuations in an effort to allow smoldering, which increases smoke.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mama couldn't care less how many dishes are needed to be washed, but she'll be damned if she will allow me to make a mess with frying something. Hell, I catch an earful when I simply cook up some crab cakes in a little olive oil and it has a little splatter.
Mine’s not crazy about frying either and we don’t do it much on the stovetop, but as long as I clean it up I’m ok. I think my wife has had a bad frying experience or two. Instead of pan frying on “medium hi” she opts for “wide ass open.” Usually wrecks the stove area and ruins the grease. About two pans max is all you get. That’s why I commandeered all frying jobs. One of the secrets to our 29 years of wedded bliss ;)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
opts for “wide ass open.”

That's the only way my wife knows how to cook anything. It's why I commandeered the entire cooking area in any part of the house. Also on of the secrets to our 21 years of wedded bliss. :lol:

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Spectacular from where I come from!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_0510.JPG

This classic is pretty much a weekly staple with a 3 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.