Just a regular douchebag? :dunno:
thats GIF

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's chicken alfredo... that comes in a frozen box, right?
From Marie calender yes . But grated parm and that heavy whipping cream make the sauce . A little S and P with paprika and butter . I’m perplexed they sent you to the store for heavy cream and no bread . Of course the ladies would leave out an essential
Part of the dinner . Ain’t that right CD and Layla?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
From Marie calender yes . But grated parm and that heavy whipping cream make the sauce . A little S and P with paprika and butter . I’m perplexed they sent you to the store for heavy cream and no bread . Of course the ladies would leave out an essential
Heyyyy mannn, I take the list, I buy the stuff... I don't ask questions, I just live here.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heyyyy mannn, I take the list, I buy the stuff... I don't ask questions, I just live here.
I’m making meatball subs tomorrow . Last time I asked the lady to put them in the oven for thirty seconds just to melt the cheese . I come back from taking a piss and the bread is damn near burnt to a crisp.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Looks good . Wonder how spicy you made it. Don’t see any cayenne
I didn’t actually make it - Junior and Mrs G did. I only took and posted the photo to mock Deet.

Mrs G and daughter are not big hot/spicy fans so I add Sriracha at the table. Junior prefers the crushed red pepper flakes.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sort of right, no help from MC. I ironically made chicken Alfredo with broccoli the other night because daughter had opened a jar of ragu Alfredo days earlier. Doctored it up with more whipping cream, garlic salt and bang bang spice on the chicken. Topped it with fontina cheese and baked it.

This pic was for the kids and not meant to be posted but here we are…

FF8F38EC-F040-4300-9A06-E8820579CE48.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’m making meatball subs tomorrow . Last time I asked the lady to put them in the oven for thirty seconds just to melt the cheese . I come back from taking a piss and the bread is damn near burnt to a crisp.
I almost did that with crab cakes but the son asked if the oven was supposed to still be on….”It’s saying HI to me.” :lol:
(Broil was on HI)

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sort of right, no help from MC. I ironically made chicken Alfredo with broccoli the other night because daughter had opened a jar of ragu Alfredo days earlier. Doctored it up with more whipping cream, garlic salt and bang bang spice on the chicken. Topped it with fontina cheese and baked it.

View attachment 53240
Looks great . Broccoli adds a nice touch for sure !

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Last evening it was fresh, never frozen, tenderloin of venison prepared in the classic Southern method.

FRIED!

Black eye peas, rice and brown gravy on the side. 20230105_183645.jpg 20230105_194617.jpg 20230101_084417.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's chicken alfredo... that comes in a frozen box, right?
Made me think of the school lunchroom. That got on this kick of preparing “entrees you find in a restaurant.” Most memorable was Chicken Alfredo. It was so stiff you could stand a 2x4 up in it or use it as brick mortar. Heard one of the students call it “Chicken I’m afraid of!” One plate for me and I even stopped ordering it when we go out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You've had good experience with that?

I did it once in Pittsburgh. The place was terrible and not remotely what I expected from the way it was pitched in the show.

The show drives me crazy. Can’t watch it. Pretty sure I’ve never eaten at any of the places, so can’t say anything on that. But your experience wouldn’t shock me. Just can’t handle him talking constantly as the chef walks through the cooking process, and eventually telling the chef what he’s doing and why he’s doing it. Add the glasses and hair and I’m out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Made me think of the school lunchroom. That got on this kick of preparing “entrees you find in a restaurant.” Most memorable was Chicken Alfredo. It was so stiff you could stand a 2x4 up in it or use it as brick mortar. Heard one of the students call it “Chicken I’m afraid of!” One plate for me and I even stopped ordering it when we go out.

Ironically, Alfredo isn’t actually supposed to have any cream in it at all. It’s been completely altered in that respect. Most do it though so it’s just accepted, even assumed at this point.

@CDGator , good call on the broccoli. It does a great job of cutting the richness of any sauce. If you ever want to try something different, try adding fresh English peas, barely blanched.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

View attachment 53240
What's the green junk?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Gator By Marriage, on special occasions I’m tasked with making fresh pasta, mostly for my youngest son. Spent an hour rolling it out by hand(we have a machine but I don’t like it), trying to get it as uniform as possible, and ended up with a glorious pile of rustic linguine. And then forgot to take a pic, the whole time eating and thinking to myself, “this never happened”.

1673020168615.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator