Dinner time

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@Gator By Marriage, on special occasions I’m tasked with making fresh pasta, mostly for my youngest son. Spent an hour rolling it out by hand(we have a machine but I don’t like it), trying to get it as uniform as possible, and ended up with a glorious pile of rustic linguine. And then forgot to take a pic, the whole time eating and thinking to myself, “this never happened”.

View attachment 53251
Before we had kids we used to make our own pasta quite often. It tastes great but is time consuming. We have an Atlas machine and always found it worked great

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Gator By Marriage, on special occasions I’m tasked with making fresh pasta, mostly for my youngest son. Spent an hour rolling it out by hand(we have a machine but I don’t like it), trying to get it as uniform as possible, and ended up with a glorious pile of rustic linguine. And then forgot to take a pic, the whole time eating and thinking to myself, “this never happened”.

View attachment 53251
Son #1 makes all his pasta from scratch... I still tell him that I'll love him when he comes out.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ironically, Alfredo isn’t actually supposed to have any cream in it at all. It’s been completely altered in that respect. Most do it though so it’s just accepted, even assumed at this point.

@CDGator , good call on the broccoli. It does a great job of cutting the richness of any sauce. If you ever want to try something different, try adding fresh English peas, barely blanched.

Interesting
I put (frozen) English peas in my sweet and sour pork(not fried) with pineapples. I like the sweetness and pop of the peas.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's the green junk?
weed GIF

Vile weed!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Before we had kids we used to make our own pasta quite often. It tastes great but is time consuming. We have an Atlas machine and always found it worked great

I had one for a minute. It attached to the Cuinsinart mixer and worked great until it didn't. It was so messy but fun. Glad it broke under warranty because I don't think we would use it much.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The show drives me crazy. Can’t watch it. Pretty sure I’ve never eaten at any of the places, so can’t say anything on that. But your experience wouldn’t shock me. Just can’t handle him talking constantly as the chef walks through the cooking process, and eventually telling the chef what he’s doing and why he’s doing it. Add the glasses and hair and I’m out.
Triple D is great . Between this and your eye talian insistence that Alfredo doesn’t require cream I’m afraid you’re gonna have to stay the night in Kramers drawer big guy .

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I had one for a minute. It attached to the Cuinsinart mixer and worked great until it didn't. It was so messy but fun. Glad it broke under warranty because I don't think we would use it much.
The Atlas is a hand crank and I think you get more control than anything you would attach to a food processor etc. Mrs G and I swore we were going to go back to using it once the kids went college, but they graduate this spring and we still haven’t taken it out of the box in quite a while.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness. The fork n cork I posted about back in November is a DDD joint and was very good. Fox brothers that GBM mentioned is a great BBQ place . There was another seafood restaurant in the Baltimore harbor I went to once they was great as well. Can’t recall the name . But yet to have a poor dining experience via DDD

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Curious as to your guys take on Pizza time
In St Augustine . I’ve enjoyed it but don’t know if I’d say it’s the 2nd best pizza in the country.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Curious as to your guys take on Pizza time
In St Augustine . I’ve enjoyed it but don’t know if I’d say it’s the 2nd best pizza in the country.
Pizza Time is fantastic! Love the meatball pizza. Slices are humongous!

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nice! What were your thoughts on the Blackstone?

Overall I like it, easy to use and clean. I have always had my eye on one but just could never bring myself to pull the trigger and make the purchase. I have a smoker and a charcoal grill that I really like and use them both a lot.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Overall I like it, easy to use and clean. I have always had my eye on one but just could never bring myself to pull the trigger and make the purchase. I have a smoker and a charcoal grill that I really like and use them both a lot.
There is a justification for all of them. Soon you will learn how to do the fire volcano and flip the egg into your chef hat! :lol:

1673196127241.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.