Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'll even go so far as to say I'll pray for him.

God tells us we should pray for our enemies.

Though I don't hate Butters MacShark and also believe in forgiveness, that does not erase accountability.

He runs such an inept program I feel he is directly responsible for hurting many of these young men's development and I'll go so far as to say his program is responsible for many of the Injuries.

So Cheif, I don't hate the guy but feel he should not be able to coach football above the level of Pop Warner and even then I might be reluctant.

I totally agree, he needs to have accountability that our leaders never held him to. His incompetence will follow him. I feel somewhat the same about another previous coach who neglected our team, not as bad as he did. Yes South Carolina has him as their HBC.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I totally agree, he needs to have accountability that our leaders never held him to. His incompetence will follow him. I feel somewhat the same about another previous coach who neglected our team, not as bad as he did. Yes South Carolina has him as their HBC.

But what about those poor kids in MI?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Western Michigan upchucked a hairball last night. Butters gets a win and your in the MAC CG situation for Thansksgiving.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Butters can go 7-5 twice, maybe we can get lucky enough for some other SEC school to hire him. Hopefully SEC east. Chumpcawks have certainly been a gift.

I imagine it might be hard to pry him from his barn though.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Butters can go 7-5 twice, maybe we can get lucky enough for some other SEC school to hire him. Hopefully SEC east. Chumpcawks have certainly been a gift.

He will definitely go to USCe. They recycle all of our coaches

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

CMU is a very tough place to win and he’s. Really turned them around. I know another team needing a turnaround - Noles. They should take a look - would devastate Ox but remember, two East championships.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CMU is a very tough place to win and he’s. Really turned them around. I know another team needing a turnaround - Noles. They should take a look - would devastate Ox but remember, two East championships.
They laughed at him for years. Even they wouldn't do that, but we can damn sure hope.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This could have gone here or in the FSU is in Shambles thread, but....

The dumbass AD at Central Michigan who hired Butters because he worked w/ him for one year at Alabama, and claimed it was a great hire....just left CMU for a job w/ FSU Seminole Boosters:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

My money is on USCe as they've nearly run out of extensions for their second ex-UF coach and will likely be looking for their next one soon.

Though, BMF's post does provide hope for F$U opportunities. Likely, Butters will be in their bargain bin price range after they buyout Norvell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like Clowntown better than USC.

USC will suck regardless unless they bring the HBC out of retirement somehow.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This could have gone here or in the FSU is in Shambles thread, but....

The dumbass AD at Central Michigan who hired Butters because he worked w/ him for one year at Alabama, and claimed it was a great hire....just left CMU for a job w/ FSU Seminole Boosters:

Uh Oh, Butters better watch out!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.