Excellent fall camp update, 8/13

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will get the offense turned around a lot by next season probably but I don't expect huge improvements this season.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n260685 said:
Slow down guys...remember this is our beat writers saying this stuff...

I remember seeing our offense last year in the spring and thinking we would win 10 games

If the first game isn't canceled and you change the outcome of 1 play in 3 different games, then last year would have been a 10 win season. It would have been an ugly 10 win season, but still very doable. Since we won't be any worse this year (unless the injury bug hits hard) and there is an obvious coaching upgrade from last year, I think some optimism for this year is justified.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
GatorJB;n260975 said:
If the first game isn't canceled and you change the outcome of 1 play in 3 different games, then last year would have been a 10 win season. It would have been an ugly 10 win season, but still very doable. Since we won't be any worse this year (unless the injury bug hits hard) and there is an obvious coaching upgrade from last year, I think some optimism for this year is justified.

In the same sense we are a few plays from not even being bowl bound.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didn't...

It applies to both of our statements.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n260714 said:
I agree the secondary is nasty, but when I read GC waxing poetic on the mighty Gators I think about the unstoppable preseason offense featuring Demps, Rainey & the king of potential, Andre Debose. I think they even said "pick you poison" then, too.

Which is why I won't ever pay GC.

​

:lmao:......Ain't it the truth.....Hole, meet ground.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n260990 said:
In the same sense we are a few plays from not even being bowl bound.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didn't...

It applies to both of our statements.

I don't disagree with you. I simply don't think there is anything wrong with a little fan optimism right now.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If the Duncechamp can have an ugly 11-2 season there's no reason to think that Mac cannot have a good season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n260714 said:
I agree the secondary is nasty, but when I read GC waxing poetic on the mighty Gators I think about the unstoppable preseason offense featuring Demps, Rainey & the king of potential, Andre Debose. I think they even said "pick you poison" then, too
Which is why I won't ever pay GC.

Yeah, but they weren't as bad as The Drunk Bros on GS. I think to some extent they have to rely on their sources, probably SID interns, because they will get cut off if they don't. All sources were writing the same dung so I'm sure it was a common source/leak. They were also the only ones to follow up the standard tripe about "Driskel looking like a first round talent" with actual scrimmage play by play from which everyone could see Driskel was still was more likely to hit a flute player than a WR.

GC has a couple of great analysts.

If I were to pay for a site, other than this one, it would be GC.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Not sure if this has been shared in any of the threads yet, but there are a few clips from the scrimmage.
[video=youtube_share;A_wV8sWi63E]https://youtu.be/A_wV8sWi63E[/video]

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n261216 said:
Originally posted by t-gator View Post
http://forum.gatorsports.com/topic/3...76#entry762576

"* Based on today's scrimmage and the practices leading up to it, the starting QB job is Will Grier's right now, according to sources. He ran exclusively with the first team Friday."

Don't tell Fever.

------------------------------------------------------
What I found interesting about the QB's in the presser on the other thread a reporter asked Mac about the competition.....Mac told them that they had some great things done, both worked with the 1's, and some mistakes as well. He spoke about Treon moves the 2's alot better than Will. And also making pics and that "you're not going to play doing that." Take that for what its worth. But if you work better with the 2's then you may not be a 1. Mac even eluded to another reporter asking about a starter.....Mac says, "did you just hear what I said'?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n261075 said:
If the Duncechamp can have an ugly 11-2 season there's no reason to think that Mac cannot have a good season.

Yes but that was a lot of luck which I generally don't like to rely upon. If we can get some decent o-line play and flush out some of the negative things a successful season is very possible.

It is very telling that drops are still a problem and hold overs from previous plays as well. I think this is a result of overly emotional responses from champ without appropriate changes in who plays. You have drops in practice, you don't play too much and you get to work extra on catching the ball. Real coaching rather than punsihment.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
I recall the same exact things being said last year. The defense was awesome, with guys being "unblockable, " the secondary was all-world, the offense was perfect for Driskel, blah, blah,blah. The we saw Alabama and Kentucky toast the secondary, the Gator's were blocked, and Driskel still sucked. GatorCountry actually came out with an article, after playing Eastern whatever, that bragged about how UF was first in the nation in almost every offensive category. We won't know anything until the East carolina game. I say that, because in former years that might have been an easy victory playing at home. But the Swamp hasn't intimidated anyone for years and East Carolina gained 536 yards on the gators last year, so the teams are very close to each other. No one is going to throw on UF's secondary? Let's see if Keanu Neal knows where he's supposed to be, if Marcus Maye can cover anyone, and Brian Poole can cover someone without getting called for pass interference. There's also this little problem that has dogged UF for years called the quarterback position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n261324 said:
I recall the same exact things being said last year. The defense was awesome, with guys being "unblockable, " the secondary was all-world,
The defense was good enough to make Rapeis looks like shyt.

You should be worried about this:
Marianna said:
1st it was Oregon by 39 .Then FSU got a ND QB :lol: Jimbo's wife did the "chomp" with Taylor Jacobs. A QB got Arrested and kicked off the team. Dalvin got arrested. 5* Shaver Manuel drops them because of the environment there. 5* Issac Nauta decommited and no longer wants anything to do with The FSU Program. Then 5* LB Matthew Thomas got ruled academically ineligible for the year. Pretty ****ty off season for ol Jumbo :rotfl:
aka;n259631 said:
You forgot about Osceola getting killed over gumbo.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As annoying as the nole troll is, at least creating 20 new aliases and posting here constantly keeps him from being out raping and punching women with the rest of his nole pals.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he fvkked up my order in the drivethru yesterday. He should be focusing on ketchup and mustard.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n261331 said:
As annoying as the nole troll is, at least creating 20 new aliases and posting here constantly keeps him from being out raping and punching women with the rest of his nole pals.

The average woman would pummel the sh*t out of that guy.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Law98gator;n261328 said:
The defense was good enough to make Rapeis looks like shyt.

You should be worried about this:

I think Winston was the one who walked off the field a winner that day. I guess you don't understand the concept of why you play the game, do you? East Carolina had 536 yards on that great defense, but they lost. I doubt they are crowing about how many yards they gained, unless they have the same lack of understanding of the reason you play. I just tell it how it is, as I can see you have nothing to refute them and resort to something that is completely irrelevant. Tell me some other meaningless thing, please.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n261394 said:
I think Winston was the one who walked off the field a winner that day. I guess you don't understand the concept of why you play the game, do you? East Carolina had 536 yards on that great defense, but they lost. I doubt they are crowing about how many yards they gained, unless they have the same lack of understanding of the reason you play. I just tell it how it is, as I can see you have nothing to refute them and resort to something that is completely irrelevant. Tell me some other meaningless thing, please.
Are you a Gator fan? Answer the question or you're banned (again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.