Florida's starting quarterback against Tennessee will be decided later in the week

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;283629 said:
This.

Not sure why Treon should be punished for beating out Grier and Driskel last year, three weeks after Treon walked on campus. I think Treon scored on half of his possessions for the first few months until he got hurt.

I THINK Grier has the higher upside and obvious physical advantages (quick release, taller, seems to read quicker), but all that matters is what he can actually do on the field. Most of you opining frankly don't know the difference between a Eagle front and an Eagle Talon, that means you don't know shiiit about football, yet you are on here crapping your pants at the thought of anyone else playing and embarrassing yourself in defense of a kid who hasn't done anything on the field yet.

Agreed. Best post of the thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n283656 said:
I REALLY like how he makes his decisions quickly, and gets rid of it quickly, or runs with it quickly. That minimizes the potential for catastrophic error.
This is why you aren't a QB coach. What real QB coaches want is for the QB to read his progressions in the proper order during that time frame that he was given. Grier's failure to do that is why coach called him out in public twice.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But, you think Harris does/has? You're funny as that flaming piece of crap on the doorstep...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n283675 said:
But, you think Harris does/has? You're funny as that flaming piece of crap on the doorstep...

Neither has been without flaws, so why does one deserve all the reps over the other? Play the hot hand and let's win some ball games with whoever that happens to be.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n283675 said:
No. I've said about a 1000 times I like Grier better. I'm just not going to go internet crazy if he is pulled or doesn't start.

I thought that was funny. You should have seen Fooley's shoe.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n283680 said:
No. I've said about a 1000 times I like Grier better. I'm just not going to go internet crazy if he is pulled or doesn't start.
Instead you go "internet crazy" on about 100 other topics. Your holier-than-thou attitude on this topic is starting to get rather annoying.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n283691 said:
Your holier-than-thou attitude on this topic is starting to get rather annoying.

funny-pictures-auto-good-dog-fac-388301.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n283628 said:
This is why you are a nightshift stock clerk at Walmart and Mac makes millions.
This is like something WashingtonDCGator would say. Never heard you say something like this. Your lauding of Mac throughout this thread is especially funny since you never liked his hire in the first place and have made a number of comments slamming his supposedly poor qualifications to be our coach. Now he's some kind of genius? Which is it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WDC and I are tight.

I demand that Mac play Grier or I shall excoriate him loudly and often if it doesn't happen! Better?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n283699 said:
This is like something WashingtonDCGator would say. Never heard you say something like this. Your lauding of Mac throughout this thread is especially funny since you never liked his hire in the first place and have made a number of comments slamming his supposedly poor qualifications to be our coach. Now he's some kind of genius? Which is it?

Your hardline stance about Grier getting every snap come hell or high water is sorta nuts, as well. Tebow and Meyer threads are about the only ones I can recall you being so delusional about. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n283701 said:
WDC and I are tight.

I demand that Mac play Grier or I shall excoriate him if it doesn't happen!

Better?
You didn't answer the question - is Mac a good coach or not? We're getting both sides from you. You've been putting on different personas in different threads lately.

The Grier/Harris debate is a legitimate and passionate one. It's great to see Gator fans actually give a damn enough to be arguing their side on it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is a good QB and offensive coach. HBC is still to be seen. I dislike the DC and OC. Nothing new.

I don't have any other personas.

Sorry for interrupting the bytchfest. It's not that I don't love a good bytchfest, it's just that it's too soon for me to see what I think is correct. Some of the people who make the most noise frankly are some of the people who know the least about football. I know some of you picked sides long before either got on the field.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n283347 said:

lol..I completely agree with the above. Couldn't have said it any better. Grier does have potential and will probably be the better QB. However, we can't predict the future and just say based on potential that he should be the starter. Have we not learned our lesson with JD??? I mean he had so much potential. What about Brantley, more wasted potential. Sorry but I am ready for the QB postition to be great again and I just don't see it right now with either. Grier had a QBR of 32?? Not sure what Treon's was last year in that TN game on the road but I can't imagine it being 32 either. The good news is, both of them are really young and we can develop them. Going to be a bumpy road ahead, so we will see what happens. Thank God for our defense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest problem in this entire QB battle is that neither has done anything to separate himself from the other in a game situation. Both have had flashes of greatness, but both have had some pretty bad moments. Unfortunately, none of us know what they look like in practice, but I'm assuming since Grier has gotten the bulk of the playing time, he's done better in practice.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n283730 said:
The biggest problem in this entire QB battle is that neither has done anything to separate himself from the other in a game situation. Both have had flashes of greatness, but both have had some pretty bad moments. Unfortunately, none of us know what they look like in practice, but I'm assuming since Grier has gotten the bulk of the playing time, he's done better in practice.
He seems to do better in practice because he knows he's not getting slammed to the ground. Similar to many reports of how he struggles in the redzone in practice when they dial up the defense. I will repeat what I wrote earlier, this is coming from a 5 star, top ranked QB who has been through 2 spring and fall camps, against a top 10 defense, He should be having very little problems with the defenses of KY and even TN (as ox noted they are ranked fairly low)

Grier been given every opportunity to separate himself from Treon and hasn't been able to do it so far. Treon may not have the prettiest passes, and came from a spread offense, but he is a gamer! and played big boy HS football, we can win with him. If those Grier fanboyz thinking scoring 14 points against KY (and getting shut out in the 2nd half) is going to cut it against the stiffer SEC schedule then they are delusional, we might win only a couple more games this year at that rate, And that is unacceptable to me. I know this is a rebuilding year, new coach, system, but there is enough talent on this team to take the East this year. That experience will go far more towards next year and recruiting than taking ugly losses.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n283707 said:
Mac is a good QB and offensive coach. HBC is still to be seen. I dislike the DC and OC. Nothing new.

Yup. Seems about right. You think he was a bad HBC hire. I've had you on the record saying it was a bad hire. Your crow is coming, and you're going to be force fed it again and again.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n283707 said:
Some of the people who make the most noise frankly are some of the people who know the least about football.

This statement applies to you also, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator