FSU trying to weasel into the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
After UF was disgracefully stripped of the 1984 SEC Title because of Doug Dick..(-in the Mouth) Vol AD..who still had the red arse after failing at UF...their was talk of UF leaving the SEC and starting the "Sunshine Conference" with UF, FSU, "U" and others.

It looks like the P5 will become the P4 or P6. If P4, I see 16X4...64 Teams. It might make sense. Though I can't stand Florida clown School U and may hate the "U"...ndesirables even more. At least we would get them back on the schedule every year.
Maybe my memory fails me, but I thought vinny drooley was the loudest one to lead the charge?

Interesting note, BOTH ugaly and tinerc ended up on probation just a few years later. I guess UF wasn't "playing by their own rules" after all.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I’m guessing they have more viewership and a negotiated tv contract that rewards them for that...outside Of BAMA and UGA you txa&m LSU UF ole piss auburn in the next tier...all lost vs other conference teams in the bowl games and txam wouldn’t even show up. UK arky scar won their matchups but they are slighly Above average teams...the conference pride pretty much comes from BAMA UGA
But what you're saying doesn't make sense. Why would SEC teams get more viewership and more lucrative TV contracts if the teams are no different from any other college football teams?

Are you ready to admit that's a bunch of nonsense, and that the SEC overall is by far the best and most competitive conference? Which is why their TV contracts are worth more, and why FSU and UM long for the prestige of being SEC teams?

And while you're at it can you also admit the obvious truth that it's only natural for REAL Gator fans to oppose UM and FSU joining the SEC, since it would result in our in-state rivals becoming more respectable programs with increased recruiting appeal?

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
But what you're saying doesn't make sense. Why would SEC teams get more viewership and more lucrative TV contracts if the teams are no different from any other college football teams?

Are you ready to admit that's a bunch of nonsense, and that the SEC overall is by far the best and most competitive conference? Which is why their TV contracts are worth more, and why FSU and UM long for the prestige of being SEC teams?

And while you're at it can you also admit the obvious truth that it's only natural for REAL Gator fans to oppose UM and FSU joining the SEC, since it would result in our in-state rivals becoming more respectable programs with increased recruiting appeal?
Not that competitive of a conference BAMA and UGA clean house but if your talking about the rest of the teams yeah I would say it’s competitive...but same could be said for ohst and mich/mich st then the rest...Oregon and Utah then the rest...oklahoma dominates its conf and so does Clemson.
im not buying the recruiting appeal I’ve already told you. The SEC chest thumpers are living off of BAMA and UGA nothing more the rest of teams are good but other conf have comparable teams

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Before the CFB playoffs the sec record vs other conferences was bad
now we all know you are a nole homer. this is flat out BS. no idea what the record is post 2014 but pre cfb playoff the SEC was absolutely DOMINANT vs other conferences. so bad there were entire espn broadcasts dedicated to discussing the disparity and various rationales. you're just a troll, a bad one at that.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
now we all know you are a nole homer. this is flat out BS. no idea what the record is post 2014 but pre cfb playoff the SEC was absolutely DOMINANT vs other conferences. so bad there were entire espn broadcasts dedicated to discussing the disparity and various rationales. you're just a troll, a bad one at that.
stop Living in the past. Is auburn better than Iowa or uscw? Is LSU better than Michigan st or Kansas st no....is UF better than Baylor or Texas no...Is ole miss better than Wisconsin or NOTRE dame no is arky better than North Carolina or FSU nope...all conferences have a team or two at the top then the rest beat up on each other that’s the reality if you watch the games

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not that competitive of a conference BAMA and UGA clean house but if your talking about the rest of the teams yeah I would say it’s competitive...but same could be said for ohst and mich/mich st then the rest...Oregon and Utah then the rest...oklahoma dominates its conf and so does Clemson.
im not buying the recruiting appeal I’ve already told you. The SEC chest thumpers are living off of BAMA and UGA nothing more the rest of teams are good but other conf have comparable teams

Now you're literally all over the map. So the SEC is no different from any other conference, all of which tend to consist of one or two dominating teams and a bunch of also-rans. And yet for some reason the SEC makes more money.

I guess you're stuck on the contradiction of saying on the one hand that the SEC is overhyped and overrated, and on the other hand that the SEC is the big money conference and its understandable why UM, FSU snd even Clemson want to join it.

Question: If Clemson and FSU join the SEC, then why wouldn't UM want to stay in the ACC? The Canes would surely then become the dominant team in that conference, isn't that right, "bro"?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
stop Living in the past.
No one even mentioned conf head to head records except you. YOU brought that up, pulling it straight out of your a$$, then had your boyfriend reach in real deep to find that turd of an assessment that the SEC conf was bad before the playoffs. You're embarrassing yourself. Just stop.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The SEC has won 13 of the last twenty NCs, including the last three in a row - by three different teams. A total of five different SEC programs have won it during that time frame overall, and anyone who can't acknowledge the on-going dominance that set of facts so clearly demonstrates is either a troll or a fool. Of course, in this instance, the two options are both on the table.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
In the last twenty years, the SEC has 13 actual (no bs) NCs, won by 5 different teams. No other conference has won more than three total NCs in that time frame. Anyone who calls himself a Gator/SEC fan (who isn't either a troll or a total moron) would take justifiable pride in that fact.
Conference pride is stupid. You must have been jerking off to UGA national championship screaming SEC! Sec! They finally beat the team we almost beat! Yay!....That’s gross lizzo but not as gross as you
Body Type Dancing GIF by Amazon Prime Video

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
No one even mentioned conf head to head records except you. YOU brought that up, pulling it straight out of your a$$, then had your boyfriend reach in real deep to find that turd of an assessment that the SEC conf was bad before the playoffs. You're embarrassing yourself. Just stop.
So I’m lying about UF VS ucf or what about auburn vs Indiana how about LSU vs k state. Ole vs Baylor? was i in an alternative universe. So those games never happened?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

He's no Gator. And I suspect he's got little life experiences...as in a youth.

Most the arguments are sophmoric...almost adolescent. Throw in the bro & dude and do the math.

He's either a troll, a kid.. or both...Did he not show up this summer?

Blue...Who was the Throwin Mayoin?

Or when did Mr 2 bits Graduate from UF?

Or why did Albert change his outfit?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Conference pride is stupid. You must have been jerking off to UGA national championship screaming SEC! Sec! They finally beat the team we almost beat! Yay!....That’s gross lizzo but not as gross as you
Body Type Dancing GIF by Amazon Prime Video
Really?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So I’m lying about UF VS ucf or what about auburn vs Indiana how about LSU vs k state. Ole vs Baylor? was i in an alternative universe. So those games never happened?

Before the CFB playoffs the sec record vs other conferences was bad
You said prior to CFB playoff, the SEC had a bad record against other conferences. Here's the SEC's overall noncon record for the last 10 years of the BCS.

2013: 14-8
2012: 13-9
2011: 14-5
2010: 15-10
2009: 15-8
2008: 11-10
2007: 12-9
2006: 13-9
2005: 7-8
2004: 7-6
2003: 13-11

That's 134-93 over the 10 year period. And just for fun, the total noncon record since 1998 is 268-211. Every other conference is either at or below .500.

Yeah, you are a straight up clown.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Let's review:

My bad bro about the fat chick. I don’t know who that chick is in the other post but she’s fire right? peace fam
If the SEC really wants the nolez and canez theyll tell UF too bad So sad.
Brits Bitch Please GIF by BRIT Awards
Calm down lizzo
wrong As you always are. Just accept that I’m a fan of the Florida gators but I don’t see the world through rose colored glasses.
im excited as hell for this season but still in wait and see mode. I think LSU fcuked up getting Brian Kelly we owe them some pay back
NorveLLLL cornrow boi is on borrowed time FCUK crablegU
Well does being in the SEC help the program right now? Currently with recruiting it’s not... if comparing with MiamI. Where’s all this SEC money that the tv contract is giving to the schools? The SEC is currently BAMA and UGA If you’re talking prestige...the rest of the teams are on par with the rest of CFB give or take. Conference pride has always been stupid to me
It benefits the sec conference not me not you not UF. Getting recruits is all on the coaches it’s not about the conferenc. The blue chips go to BAMA and UGA for the bags and trust in those staffs to get them to the pros. the Recruits don’t give a **** about the conference they just want to win make money and get to the nfl. Oh st Clemson Oregon Michigan usc and now even Miami looks like they could be on their way back FSU always has the ability if they straighten up... no benefit for UF but you think sankey gives a crap what 1 school doesn’t want vs the upside?

Okay. I've seen enough testimony and am ready to render my verdict.

He's no Gator. And I suspect he's got little life experiences...as in a youth.
Most the arguments are sophmoric...almost adolescent. Throw in the bro & dude and do the math.

Yep. The math adds up alright. To 3-0-5. Believe me, I know it when I smell it.

Yes I do, and so did @lizardbreath...until he overthought it.

My first take was he's a scUM boy here for a few yoks, due to the timing with Rashada and the thug talk bullschytt.

f2c295c6-ee1c-486e-a23c-dae0c129f634_text.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member