Gator Basketball Gators get by Nevada to storm into the Terrific 32

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Can you expand ?
Im guessing you want to know how we play to our strengths..........or away from our weakness. We are small and not real fast at guard.
Most teams want to play up tempo so being able to take them out their game is a big plus. We are great at team defense as #s dont lie.
When your 6 5 freshman leads in the rebounds (the last month I think) you have to be creative. Being streaky at shooting threes seems to be our biggest weakness. For being small we rebound damned well. Next year will be different..........

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you make a comment like that ? He makes a solid contribution...
I love Sam. But people who can't handle emotional, irrational, and often ridiculous comments shouldn't be on sports message boards. That's how they are defined.

Instead of melting down about it, have fun with it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I love Sam. But people who can't handle emotional, irrational, and often ridiculous comments shouldn't be on sports message boards. That's how they are defined.

Instead of melting down about it, have fun with it.

And those who live to troll such sensitivities, inevitably, create such sports message boards, amiarite? :grin:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
So, Sam, Wingtee, and GwBuffalo, were we all supposed to be surprised when we played at a faster pace when down 14, then sat on the ball at the 12-13 minute mark after closing it to 7? Even Reggie Miller noted we were “close enough” to play our shutdown offense. We scored twice in the next 12 minutes and like that we were out of it. Shocking, well except completely not shocking and exactly what we’ve come to expect. Move the ball and attack = points. Sit on it and score twice before we’re out of contention.

But, I’m sure the shot clock stats will show we didn’t really see the ball stoppage at the top of the key with our own eyes.

I hope we can fight off all the suitors for coach White.

Everyone knows he’s a “great” coach and offensive genius who can get us to 49 points against a great defense. Imagine if we wasn’t “great”; we would have scored 47 at most.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball version of Will Muschump.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where was the year-long development in this team?
What we lack, we continue to lack. White develops lax? at a 2 mil $ tax.

Last edited:

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
So, Sam, Wingtee, and GwBuffalo, were we all supposed to be surprised when we played at a faster pace when down 14, then sat on the ball at the 12-13 minute mark after closing it to 7? Even Reggie Miller noted we were “close enough” to play our shutdown offense. We scored twice in the next 12 minutes and like that we were out of it. Shocking, well except completely not shocking and exactly what we’ve come to expect. Move the ball and attack = points. Sit on it and score twice before we’re out of contention.

But, I’m sure the shot clock stats will show we didn’t really see the ball stoppage at the top of the key with our own eyes.

I hope we can fight off all the suitors for coach White.

Everyone knows he’s a “great” coach and offensive genius who can get us to 49 points against a great defense. Imagine if we wasn’t “great”; we would have scored 47 at most.

I didn't see the 2nd half, and I'm damn sure not gonna watch the replay, but if your eyes told you we slowed it down the previous game, you should probably seek help. You can scream your bullschit narrative all you like, but the shot clock and all but two shots within 5 feet of the basket don't lie.

I'd guess poor shooting and the #2 defense in the country had something to do with it, and apparently Hudson agrees with me. "I thought they were super disruptive on the defensive end," said Jalen Hudson, who led the Gators with 11 points. "It was pretty hard for us to get into the lane and really shake them."

When Billy walked off the court the last time as a Gator, did we score 49 because he slowed it down, or was it a combination of an anemic offense playing a good defense? How about his last 14 games where his team didn't break 70 a single time? You have no clue what you're talking about. None!

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Im guessing you want to know how we play to our strengths..........or away from our weakness. We are small and not real fast at guard.
Most teams want to play up tempo so being able to take them out their game is a big plus. We are great at team defense as #s dont lie.
When your 6 5 freshman leads in the rebounds (the last month I think) you have to be creative. Being streaky at shooting threes seems to be our biggest weakness. For being small we rebound damned well. Next year will be different..........
Thank u Stephen well done. The call to expand was meant to be for King Ox on one of his posts..

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I didn't see the 2nd half, and I'm damn sure not gonna watch the replay, but if your eyes told you we slowed it down the previous game, you should probably seek help. You can scream your bullschit narrative all you like, but the shot clock and all but two shots within 5 feet of the basket don't lie.

I'd guess poor shooting and the #2 defense in the country had something to do with it, and apparently Hudson agrees with me. "I thought they were super disruptive on the defensive end," said Jalen Hudson, who led the Gators with 11 points. "It was pretty hard for us to get into the lane and really shake them."

When Billy walked off the court the last time as a Gator, did we score 49 because he slowed it down, or was it a combination of an anemic offense playing a good defense? How about his last 14 games where his team didn't break 70 a single time? You have no clue what you're talking about. None!

Yep. Billy and Mike White have exactly the same backgrounds and history to show their success offensively. Great points.

You didn’t even watch the second half, but now, after reading your post, I’ll really reconsider our repeated second half offensive drought pattern based on your comparison to Billy Donovan.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can you expand ?
Yeah, go to any message board for any team in the country, and you'll see the same thing. Acting like UF fans are unique is ridiculous and always has been.

I despise fan snobbery. Quit acting like you're a better fan than others.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im guessing you want to know how we play to our strengths..........or away from our weakness. We are small and not real fast at guard
If we are small and slow at guard, and small and weak inside (you forgot that part), who recruited this roster?

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Yeah, go to any message board for any team in the country, and you'll see the same thing. Acting like UF fans are unique is ridiculous and always has been.

I despise fan snobbery. Quit acting like you're a better fan than others.
I’m much more than a fan OX..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator