I Told You So!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
T REX;n150070 said:
Completely disagree. He won here and that's about it. He was never a real Gator. Never will be. I'll bet a trillion dollars when all is said and done he will consider himself a Buckeye first and foremost.
You and I will just disagree on the value of UM to our program. This is what I know. You can count on two fingers coaches in our history that won SEC titles. You can count on two fingers coaches in our entire history that won National Titles. And you can count on ONE finger coaches that won multiple national titles. Both of these coaches basically said "I have had enough, and leftr." It was their right and probably in the best of interest of their health to do so. Expecations are "high" here and every fckn idiot will get his say about it. You realize there are "gator"fans that say they didnt like SOS. If that isnt bat Sh#t crazy nothing is. As for leaving the program a mess. That mess won 11 games with
very little offense the following year. We need to move past these former coaches and their legacy and let this guy forge a new one. I am excited about the new guy and his ideas and hired help. The former coaches I spoke of had us on top of the world for awhile. You cannot live there. I hope we can return to glory and wins we got accustomed to.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n150107 said:
Meyer bought in to UF and UF bought in to him. He made mistakes here regarding player discipline and coach replacements. He appears to have learned some important lessons while at UF and he appears to be determined not to repeat his mistakes. I was a loyal Urban fan when he was here and became a harsh critic, not because he left but because of the mess he left behind. I wasn't pulling for him last night but his coaching ability is legitimate.

+ 1

I was surprised at how badly Oregon was out-coached last night.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n150085 said:
So now we are only supposed to hire coaches that went to Florida because they are "real" Gators? That really reduces the coaching pool, and is going to lead to failure. Meyer was a Gator when he was here and is not a Buckeye. He is what he is because of who signs the checks he receives.

Not my point. I will wager an enormous amount of money - at the end of his career - he'll call himself a Buckeye for life. He is not and never was a Gator for life. This takes nothing away from his accomplishments. He's a winner and has been and will be anywhere he goes. He's home now. He's a Buckeye. Deep down he was a Buckeye here as well.

Great coach - horrible person IMHO.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's back on top now. Never counted him out from winning just didn't want OSU to win. Lets see how he handles it going forward. The players, coaching departures, off the field issues. It's almost a carbon copy of his last stop. Will he hadle it better or fade out and need another time out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n150115 said:
You and I will just disagree on the value of UM to our program. This is what I know. You can count on two fingers coaches in our history that won SEC titles. You can count on two fingers coaches in our entire history that won National Titles. And you can count on ONE finger coaches that won multiple national titles. Both of these coaches basically said "I have had enough, and leftr." It was their right and probably in the best of interest of their health to do so. Expecations are "high" here and every fckn idiot will get his say about it. You realize there are "gator"fans that say they didnt like SOS. If that isnt bat Sh#t crazy nothing is. As for leaving the program a mess. That mess won 11 games with
very little offense the following year. We need to move past these former coaches and their legacy and let this guy forge a new one. I am excited about the new guy and his ideas and hired help. The former coaches I spoke of had us on top of the world for awhile. You cannot live there. I hope we can return to glory and wins we got accustomed to.

Again, I have never taken away from his accomplishments or skills. He's a genius. One of the greatest of all-time. But if you think he's a Gator you're f ing stupid. We rented him for a few years and he delivered. He'll retire a Buckeye. We're just another Utah or Bowling Green to him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Rex, if Urban had stayed our coach, do you believe that he would have left us to go to OSU?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is one of the greatest football coaches of all time when it comes to putting together teams that can win football games.

There's also this....
  • During the 2008 National Championship season Meyer had a so-called "Circle of Trust" that could do no wrong and was routinely given preferential treatment. For example, wide receiver Percy Harvin, linebacker Brandon Spikes, and tight end Aaron Hernandez all sat out the season opener due to "injuries" when they were actually being disciplined for failed drug tests.
  • Prior to the 2007 season, the whole team was running stadium steps until Harvin complained, telling coaches, “This s--- ends now.” The next day conditioning drills turned into basketball games.
  • Harvin, the key trouble maker in the expose, attacked his wide receivers coach in 2008. Harvin had to be pulled away by coaches and players. He was never disciplined.
  • Meyer never penalized cornerback Janoris Jenkins for numerous team violations like being arrested for drug possession or getting into a bar fight. The problem was left for current Florida head coach Will Muschamp to deal with when Jenkins was finally kicked off the team for yet more run-ins with the law. Jenkins even admitted that had Meyer still been around, he wouldn't have been dismissed from the football team.
  • Safety Bryan Thomas suffered from injuries during his time at Florida, but when he was healthy and ready to return in 2009 he was told to "move on" because he wasn't in the team's plans. The coaching staff needed his roster spot for a new recruit. Thomas refused because he was completely healthy and on-track to graduate. The next day he was put on medical hardship, which let Thomas keep his scholarship but made him unavailable for the following year. Thomas eventually transferred to North Alabama.
  • The problems with the rosters Meyer assembled came to a head once Muschamp took over. Too many of the players Meyer recruited to Florida refused to "buy in" to Muschamp's way of doing things, a.k.a. no preferential treatment, so 13 scholarship players were let go last year.
  • The drug problems at UF during Meyer's tenure were so rampant that New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick spoke to current Gators about how the poor decisions of their predecessors severely affected their NFL futures.

And of course let's not forget......

"The uproar and controversy of Urban Meyer’s stunning recruiting coup at Ohio State settled in and Stefon Diggs, still on the Buckeyes' wish list, was debating his future.
Diggs, the second-highest rated wide receiver in the country, had narrowed his list of potential schools to Maryland, Florida and Ohio State. For more than a week following National Signing Day on Feb. 1, and before Diggs eventually signed with Maryland, Meyer relentlessly pursued Diggs.
Multiple sources told Sporting News that Meyer—who won two national championships in six years at Florida and cemented his legacy as one of the game’s greatest coaches—told the Diggs family that he wouldn’t let his son go to Florida because of significant character issues in the locker room.
Character issues that we now know were fueled by a culture Meyer created. Character issues that gutted what was four years earlier the most powerful program in college football."

Maybe Meyer learned in his time at Florida the right and wrong way to build a championship team that will stand the test of time and rap sheets. For his esophagus' sake let's hope so. :rolleyes:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GatorJB;n150125 said:
+ 1

I was surprised at how badly Oregon was out-coached last night.

He out-coached Saban too. I warned friends against handing Saban that game before if was played. It was a lot like no one giving us a chance against Ohio State in 2006. Meyer is a master motivator and counting his teams out just feed the monster.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This is the last comment I will make about Urb with you. Yes, he was a hired gun. I knew that from the get go. I just hoped he was completely bought in like BillyD from NY or whervever he came from. Billy and his wife helped convince him this place was ideal. He went home but I doubt he will view us as just another BG or Utah. He won real stuff here and had a Tebow. Those places do not compare at all to UF.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150141 said:
So Rex, if Urban had stayed our coach, do you believe that he would have left us to go to OSU?

Absolutely....and he wouldn't have been a man, he would have faked another attack. That 911 call was some poor acting by Shelley.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having been "Tressled" in the not too distant past, I seriously doubt that the OSU administration is going to put up with much bad behavior. Guess we'll see...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150141 said:

Uhhhh...he didn't. He orchestrated his departure and the rest is history. He's a Buckeye for life.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n150153 said:
Uhhhh...he didn't. He orchestrated his departure and the rest is history. He's a Buckeye for life.

I know he didn't, that is why I said "if". :facepalm:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n150144 said:
Meyer is one of the greatest football coaches of all time when it comes to putting together teams that can win football games.

There's also this....
  • During the 2008 National Championship season Meyer had a so-called "Circle of Trust" that could do no wrong and was routinely given preferential treatment. For example, wide receiver Percy Harvin, linebacker Brandon Spikes, and tight end Aaron Hernandez all sat out the season opener due to "injuries" when they were actually being disciplined for failed drug tests.
  • Prior to the 2007 season, the whole team was running stadium steps until Harvin complained, telling coaches, “This s--- ends now.” The next day conditioning drills turned into basketball games.
  • Harvin, the key trouble maker in the expose, attacked his wide receivers coach in 2008. Harvin had to be pulled away by coaches and players. He was never disciplined.
  • Meyer never penalized cornerback Janoris Jenkins for numerous team violations like being arrested for drug possession or getting into a bar fight. The problem was left for current Florida head coach Will Muschamp to deal with when Jenkins was finally kicked off the team for yet more run-ins with the law. Jenkins even admitted that had Meyer still been around, he wouldn't have been dismissed from the football team.
  • Safety Bryan Thomas suffered from injuries during his time at Florida, but when he was healthy and ready to return in 2009 he was told to "move on" because he wasn't in the team's plans. The coaching staff needed his roster spot for a new recruit. Thomas refused because he was completely healthy and on-track to graduate. The next day he was put on medical hardship, which let Thomas keep his scholarship but made him unavailable for the following year. Thomas eventually transferred to North Alabama.
  • The problems with the rosters Meyer assembled came to a head once Muschamp took over. Too many of the players Meyer recruited to Florida refused to "buy in" to Muschamp's way of doing things, a.k.a. no preferential treatment, so 13 scholarship players were let go last year.
  • The drug problems at UF during Meyer's tenure were so rampant that New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick spoke to current Gators about how the poor decisions of their predecessors severely affected their NFL futures.

"The uproar and controversy of Urban Meyer’s stunning recruiting coup at Ohio State settled in and Stefon Diggs, still on the Buckeyes' wish list, was debating his future.
Diggs, the second-highest rated wide receiver in the country, had narrowed his list of potential schools to Maryland, Florida and Ohio State. For more than a week following National Signing Day on Feb. 1, and before Diggs eventually signed with Maryland, Meyer relentlessly pursued Diggs.
Multiple sources told Sporting News that Meyer—who won two national championships in six years at Florida and cemented his legacy as one of the game’s greatest coaches—told the Diggs family that he wouldn’t let his son go to Florida because of significant character issues in the locker room.
Character issues that we now know were fueled by a culture Meyer created. Character issues that gutted what was four years earlier the most powerful program in college football."

Maybe Meyer learned in his time at Florida the right and wrong way to build a championship team that will stand the test of time and rap sheets. For his esophagus' sake let's hope so. :rolleyes:

Truth the Urban slurpers will choke on if they ever get Leyer's nuts out of their collective mouths. How did that graduation rate turn out as well?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150156 said:
I know he didn't, that is why I said "if". :facepalm:

Geez....you've turned into a huge vag. Are you taking hormones or something? Lactating? Wow.

YES, I think he would have ditched us just like he ditched us. Happy now? Geez, take some midol.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n150176 said:
Geez....you've turned into a huge vag. Are you taking hormones or something? Lactating? Wow.

YES, I think he would have ditched us just like he ditched us. Happy now? Geez, take some midol.

You seem to be the one upset, I just asked a question. Don't project your problems onto other people.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n150181 said:
Who. F*cking. Cares.

Jesus. :rolleyes:
If Wobble were lactating, I, for one, would like to know. :bananawave:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n150144 said:

There's also this....

:headshake:

Divits, you are "Charlie".

You better look out for Urbanite terrorist supporters (you know who you are) charging into your office with automatic weapons.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n150183 said:
If Wobble were lactating, I, for one, would like to know. :bananawave:

uno1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread