Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n97680 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
And damn all of you. Stop distracting me so I can get some work done!

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

Hey! Read this! Hey! Gatorbreath! Read this!!

:proud:

:D Hahahaha

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n97682 said:
I dunno, most aholes I've met seem to be the Doug Johnson type over the Richard Simmons type. The good news for Muschamp is that the Doug Johnson type has a hard time with accuracy.

Yeah, they'd be coming fast and furious but missing badly, punching holes in walls, breaking lamps and hitting innocent bystanders.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97685 said:
Man, sometimes modern culture sucks. People use to be able to throw tomatoes and rotten produce to express themselves at entertainment events. Why can't we still do this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to see produce being thrown at press conferences, for starters.

I'm going into Foley's office with a nice armful from Publix if this is allowed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
rotten-tomato-article-640-2.jpg

:lmao:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n97447 said:
but..

What if this staff runs the table and wins out, while also showing growth on offense in developing a passing attack with Treon?

1.They won't.

Putting the unlikely scenario of us backing into the SEC Championship Game aside, would this give anyone pause to possibly give Muschamp and his staff one more year?

2. See #1

Look, I haven't made it a secret I wanted him fired after Georgia Southern last year. While I think I've done a good job of not beating the dead horse this year, I'm sitting here Monday after a thorough crushing of Georgia contemplating this very question. Honestly, if the premise set forth in the above question came to pass, I really think I'd be okay with seeing Muschamp get one more year.

3. See #1

Is this what happens when the bar is lowered so far that hope springs eternal from the faintest glimpse of success?

4. See #1. There is no hope that springs eternal until WM is gone. Enjoy the win for what it is: the rare gem curb stomping of a hated rival in an another wise dismal season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n97701 said:
1.They won't.

2. See #1

3. See #1

4. See #1. There is no hope that springs eternal until WM is gone. Enjoy the win for what it is: the rare gem curb stomping of a hated rival in an another wise dismal season.

Some glorious insight right there, should we pay you for this post?

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97702 said:
Some glorious insight right there, should we pay you for this post?

Since I help pay for yours, a reach around would be appreciated once you get a free hand :-)

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All this tomato throwing stuff reminds me of a story that happened when I was at UF.

One time the Greeks had a carnival/field day to raise money for charity. Each frat and sororty had some kind of booth set up. One of the fraternities, not sure which, had the bright idea of a "Hit the Clown in the Face with a Water Balloon" booth. The plan was that a frat guy would stick his face through a hole in plywood that had a clown painted on it with the face cut out. The idea was that you'd get 2 chances for a buck to hit him in the face. The clown was about 40 feet away. Brilliant, right? Oh, did I mention that you used a giant slingshot made of surgical tubing and a funnel to launch your water balloon? I think you can see where this is going.

About 5 minutes after they opened the booth someone scored a direct hit on the clown breaking his nose and knocking him out cold. Being concerned and caring college students that we were, we all laughed 'til we wet ourselves.

It's things like this that illustrate how much lower the standards used to be to get into Florida.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n97722 said:
All this tomato throwing stuff reminds me of a story that happened when I was at UF.

One time the Greeks had a carnival/field day to raise money for charity. Each frat and sororty had some kind of booth set up. One of the fraternities, not sure which, had the bright idea of a "Hit the Clown in the Face with a Water Balloon" booth. The plan was that a frat guy would stick his face through a hole in plywood that had a clown painted on it with the face cut out. The idea was that you'd get 2 chances for a buck to hit him in the face. The clown was about 40 feet away. Brilliant, right? Oh, did I mention that you used a giant slingshot made of surgical tubing and a funnel to launch your water balloon? I think you can see where this is going.

About 5 minutes after they opened the booth someone scored a direct hit on the clown breaking his nose and knocking him out cold. Being concerned and caring college students that we were, we all laughed 'til we wet ourselves.

It's things like this that illustrate how much lower the standards used to be to get into Florida.
:lmao:

Of course, if that happened now, there would be a multi-million dollar lawsuit. :jerkit:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
oxrageous;n97550 said:
Fortunately he's not going to be retained under any circumstances. I'm confident of that.

This . I enjoy a good escapist thread as much as the next guy, but the premise fantasized by the op is just that. I enjoyed the win but don't believe for a second it changes anything about the job security of this head coach.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n97722 said:

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of y'all are talking about winning out - I'd be happy just to beat Vandy this Saturday night, and go from there. If we get to the FSU game with a 7-3 record, then I might join in on a discussion of whether Muschamp should be retained. At this point, I'd say no way, but ask me again if/when we're 7-3 and heading to the clown school.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n97731 said:
Some of y'all are talking about winning out -

I don't think anybody, outside of Coach9, honestly believes we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning out, just thought it would be a fun "what if" scenario to play out.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's fun to sit here and think about winning out. To bask in the glory of destroying UGA. I haven't seen enough consistency to get overly excited about the prospects. Like most people say... I think it is unlikely.

I am worried about USCe... they are not very good, but they have a decent offense and our defense has allowed teams to get big plays on busted coverages. Our offense outside of the UGA game has not shown the ability to be consistent.

I would love to see the Gators win out and to me that means Champ is retained. I also think in order to win out you would have to see a good offense who can score points and if the team started doing that you would see a lot of posters here change their tune.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning the next 3 games is very possible. Beating UFS? Depends on what happens between now and then. Jameis could get shot while doing something stupid, who knows.

This talk that he's definitely gone is complete stupidity. If he was gone, it would have been announced. Foley has left himself an out, plain and simple. Not saying he'll be retained, but the door is still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.