It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
We have 2 lost decades already. The Muschimp/McElstain/Mullinz era are one and the same. We are an elite coach and three great recruiting classes from competing again.

Mullin isn't going to fix recruiting. He is a fvkking terrible recruiter and always has been. That doesn't just change just because you want to change it. Some dudes can seal the deal and he can't.

It isn't that he thinks he doesn't need talent. We spend most of the year trying to flip the elite kids then settle on plan Fs late in the game. He just can't seal the deal.
You’re flat out wrong. Nothing about the Mullen regime feels similar to the last 2 morons we had in charge. You guys are delusional if u think coaches who can recruit and coach and build a program grow on fu$@in trees. He checks 2 of the 3 Major boxes. He will figure out recruiting. But for poops and laughs, who’s out there that’s better???? And for gods sake, address him properly. Yeah he looks like the dude in Christmas Vacation, but that’s fuuuuuuuugin disrespectful. Albeit comical.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Plenty of people think talent doesn't matter and ole Cousin Eddie will coach em up to championships.
No, I think most believe he’ll squeeze more out of most but will never succeed (championship) until he starts reeling in better talent.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I’m frustrated as the next guy, but we probably will go 10-2 and New years six bowl. I’ll eat crow if we drop any remining games, but I’m ok with two NY6 bowls in 2 seasons for DM. Only one team can win it all, and I’m thrilled we competed in both top 10 matchups. Sure, I would like to have won one or both, but I couldnt even watch the boys a couple years ago. Sure I would love to recruit better, but sometimes I think winning the Championships have set unrealistic expectations. I get it, I really do. Its championship or bust for some since 06

I find happiness in competing in every game, something I couldnt say a few years back. I wish we beat LSU and UGA, but I rather be a gator than anyone else. I could think of a couple other coaches, but for more worse than Dan. Go Gators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt we were close enough at the half, trailing by 10, that we could make it a game in the second half if things went our way. It never materialized. You’re not going to beat quality SEC teams with a one-dimensional offense.
Yeah, you can't win anything with sideways passing offenses.

But just for a stint in the fourth quarter he finally let us throw behind the linebackers for a few times and we were moving until Trash made his rare mistake.

Philosophy is philosophy though and Mullinz is wedded to option (preferably 80%) and if forced to pass, to the sideways passing game.

That isn't changing and you can't win with it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Sure. If we deflected a pass or if Jordan Reed would have not fumbled, we would have scored, then scored 2 extra point to win. Right on, Skipper!

Never mind we couldn't score all day, it would have changed completely if we had just tipped a pass or onside kicked.
You’re still my favorite idiot. Point is that we were in the game - to the point that a obviously wrong review and missed tip were huge in the game. Not blaming the zebras - just stating it played a part. Our coaches didn’t earn their check this week yet we barely missed a chance to tie. Its not like Mizzou last year :lol:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Urban Meyer. He would absolutely take the job back, there is no doubt in my mind.
He would certainly bring some fire to our special teams and recruiting, which have been nonexistent lately.
And that is the only thing that is going to bring us back.
Plus we have Shands, so he has that going for him.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sure. If we deflected a pass or if Jordan Reed would have not fumbled, we would have scored, then scored 2 extra point to win. Right on, Skipper!

Never mind we couldn't score all day, it would have changed completely if we had just tipped a pass or onside kicked.

Don;t waste your time Law, you know these types. We had it 2nd down and 1 inch and instead we give up the ball on downs. Maybe should have called the reverse pass throwback by Krull to secure 2 inches and get the first down. Or we were only 1 ole tackle away by Marco from holding them to a FG. Or a dropped INT by Davis or if onnly Davis had not blown an assignment. Heck UGA even helped us out by agreeing to start their final drive with a 1st and 15 and we still could not stop them. You know the old saying: If my Grandmother had balls...............

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

But just for a stint in the fourth quarter he finally let us throw behind the linebackers for a few times and we were moving until Trash made his rare mistake.

Philosophy is philosophy though and Mullinz is wedded to option (preferably 80%) and if forced to pass, to the sideways passing game.

The passing game is a lot more vertical with Trask running the offense. I have loads of confidence in it. Pitts has developed into one helluva weapon.

The problem is getting zilch out of your running game and facing third-and-long far too often.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullen doesn't replace his DC and a couple other losers on the staff then he can be shown the door just like the last 2. I personally think he's a decent coach but this ain't gonna cut it. No trips to Atlanta in 3 or 4 years ,hes gone imo.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.

Welcome to the board Megan. Are you going to start grocery shopping in Orlando again?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was a firm believer in trying the onside kick there at the end. At least that would have given UF a slim chance at a possession. I think there was more than enough evidence that UF was not going to be able to keep them from first downs, since we didn't hold them to a single 3 and out the whole game. Once that pigheaded Mullen kicked off, I knew it was over.

And some venting about the players on defense. Sometimes players can overcome garbage coaching by making a play. Not ONE SINGLE defensive player stepped up and made a damn play all night. On that final 3rd down, all we needed was ONE GUY to tip the ball, something, MAKE A PLAY. Instead, nothing. There are no playmakers on this team, especially defense. What a major disappointment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He would certainly bring some fire to our special teams and recruiting, which have been nonexistent lately.
And that is the only thing that is going to bring us back.
I hate this about Mullen. He was here with UM and saw how big STs are. Why retain idiot Knox who can’t recruit, has ineffective STs, and who is average at RB? If Mullen ultimately fails, I think it all started with the Seider Knox decision. Displayed loyalty over winning.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017

He made another rare mistake where he took a 20 yard sack earlier in the game. I’m sure there were other “rare” mistakes by him throughout the game.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He made another rare mistake where he took a 20 yard sack earlier in the game. I’m sure there were other “rare” mistakes by him through the game.
I do like that his mistakes have progressed from multiple strip sacks to long sacks :lol: Still, when so much is dependent on him being successful, these mistakes get magnified.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’re flat out wrong. Nothing about the Mullen regime feels similar to the last 2 morons we had in charge. You guys are delusional if u think coaches who can recruit and coach and build a program grow on fu$@in trees. He checks 2 of the 3 Major boxes. He will figure out recruiting. But for poops and laughs, who’s out there that’s better???? And for gods sake, address him properly. Yeah he looks like the dude in Christmas Vacation, but that’s fuuuuuuuugin disrespectful. Albeit comical.
That means he checks the 5-3 or 4-4 in the SEC box.

I hope that won't play here, but who knows anymore. I think we have accepted losing bc there is no goddamn way we are going to pay to keep up with the elite teams.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
What makes you think this? I'm not being an ass, genuinely wondering. Coaches don't generally become good recruiters suddenly.
Human nature. You eventually realize your deficiencies and fix it. He’s a smart dude. He knows he’s gone if he can’t recruit better.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That means he checks the 5-3 or 4-4 in the SEC box.

I hope that won't play here, but who knows anymore. I think we have accepted losing bc there is no goddamn way we are going to pay to keep up with the elite teams.
He has to beat Mizzou this year. I don’t care what happens going in - he needs to right the ship and finish 6-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.