Music On Your Mind v.2

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The keyboard player is Lewis Stephens, when he was young he was playing w/ Freddie King ('73-'76)
I likely saw him back then.....my first concert was a Marshall Tucker show in 1974 here in Pcola. Opening act--Freddie King. He lit the place on fire before MTB took the stage. I was young, but when it's your first concert you always remember it.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
From the Jeff Beck Tribute concert. One of the very best guitarists ever, and one which not many people know of him except true guitar fans and folks having grown up during 'his time'....John McLaughlin. To appreciate him even more--he's 81 years old doing this! Amazing at any age but 81... :headslap: That's why both he and Beck were at totally different levels to all other guitarists. When he starts ripping, he does it well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Debut album for SRV and Double Trouble, Texas Flood, was released 40 years ago this month. Had it on cassette. Damn I am old. One of the great 'what ifs' to ask is how music would have been different if he had lived just ten more years.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Tribute to Randy Meisner, lead vocalist on this Eagle's song Take it to the Limit. Meisner died Wednesday, July 26th.

1977 recording so it's not today's standards, but he was the lead vocal on the original song and his last year with the group was 1977. Only fitting to see him do it.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Virginia Intl Raceway had a big rock festival rained out this weekend, but there was this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator