Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs. Blue***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Malik Davis vertical of 39.5 turned some heads at pro day

Because of the height itself? Or because he’s still able to do it at his age?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It was one of the saddest days in my life when I completed my order at a Arby's with 'and throw in a chocolate turnover please' and I was told 'we dont carry those anymore.'
No more Black Cow Milkshakes, either. :(

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I don't mind a turnover incentive gimmick. Keep in mind that for players, the appeal of that kind of thing is to get their picture taken with it, then put it on social media.

Today's youts love that stuff. I guarantee you there are former Cane players who got a pick or a fumble recovery 4-5 years ago, and to this day their profile pic is them wearing that Turnover Chain on the sideline.

Don't give the player some kind of tacky thing to put on for the picture, though. That's played out. Cut out the middleman and make the picture the prize, in real time!

Get one of those portable photo booths like they have at wedding receptions and whatnot, and rig it up as the Turnover Booth, with some kind of special background in it. Any player who gets a TO runs in there after the play and strikes a pose for a photo, which immediately goes up on the jumbotron and gets blasted across social media.

The players and their families and girlfriends will love it. Plus the player is in and out of the booth in five seconds, then back to business. So it's less disruptive than putting something on like a chain or backpack and then preening around on the sideline for the rest of the series.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't mind a turnover incentive gimmick. Keep in mind that for players, the appeal of that kind of thing is to get their picture taken with it, then put it on social media.

Today's youts love that stuff. I guarantee you there are former Cane players who got a pick or a fumble recovery 4-5 years ago, and to this day their profile pic is them wearing that Turnover Chain on the sideline.

Don't give the player some kind of tacky thing to put on for the picture, though. That's played out. Cut out the middleman and make the picture the prize, in real time!

Get one of those portable photo booths like they have at wedding receptions and whatnot, and rig it up as the Turnover Booth, with some kind of special background in it. Any player who gets a TO runs in there after the play and strikes a pose for a photo, which immediately goes up on the jumbotron and gets blasted across social media.

The players and their families and girlfriends will love it. Plus the player is in and out of the booth in five seconds, then back to business. So it's less disruptive than putting something on like a chain or backpack and then preening around on the sideline for the rest of the series.
Gordon gets it. Social media photo is key.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

Strangely that is somehow both a horrible idea and an excellent idea.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Strangely that is somehow both a horrible idea and an excellent idea.

Make it part of The Collective. Have a sponsor put up Turnover Money. Kid gets a turnover, he takes a selfie with whatever product/name the sponsor wants, then boom! straight to social media. Gettin' paid for turnovers!

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

We must Hire immediately a "Director of the Turnover Photo Booth"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.