Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
AR plays better on the road, so we got that going for us. Regardless of how well Vandy is playing, we should win by 3 td’s if we continue to take care of the ball. Next 2 QB’s we play are very mobile, hopefully this D will continue to play disciplined and limit their big play ability.

WalnutHll

Nov 13, 2022
Wife and I are flying down for this game. First game we'll see in person since Tebow's senior year beat down of that clown college out west.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have to believe that Vandy beating UK will cause our entire team to take these guys seriously. I think we’ll see a repeat of this past Saturday.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It's forecasted to be 35 degrees at kickoff. We were at the 1996 game when it was that cold. We won, but it was UGLY.
I was there too. I remember some idiot threw a liquor bottle at the HBC as he was about to enter the tunnel and damn near beaned him. Prior to that day I had held Vandy in benign contempt. Now I just hold them in good old standard issue contempt.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed
Many of us have stated that Stoops and Kentucky haven’t gotten a lot better as much as teams like Florida have fallen back to them. They have Georgia next week and they will be 6-5 afterwards while UF should be 7-4 and heading upward.

Hope you had fun Kentucky fan.
Means UF can finish 3rd in the East.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If any of you see that whistling twit from their baseball stadium, beat the living **** out of him, and kick him one time in the nuts for old GWGator...HARD, so hard Bobby McFerrin feels it somewhere.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was there too. I remember some idiot threw a liquor bottle at the HBC as he was about to enter the tunnel and damn near beaned him. Prior to that day I had held Vandy in benign contempt. Now I just hold them in good old standard issue contempt.
It was the only game in that championship season that we got to see in person (drove down from Ft Knox) and it SUCKED.... THAT team looked like what we've been watching for the last 10 years, not the team that won it all that year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's forecasted to be 35 degrees at kickoff. We were at the 1996 game when it was that cold. We won, but it was UGLY.

If they do early morning practices later this week, they should be somewhat acclimated(low 40s). Wasn’t that ‘96 game more the wind? I thought that’s what made us totally one dimensional that day and caused us so many problems. May be wrong.

Either way, if we’re focused, we should be fine. And as someone mentioned, the most important part of the win is that it almost certainly makes us 3rd in the East. Normally wouldn’t care that much, but just to stick it to Mullen after his “4th place” prediction would make it very satisfying.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If they do early morning practices later this week, they should be somewhat acclimated(low 40s). Wasn’t that ‘96 game more the wind? I thought that’s what made us totally one dimensional that day and caused us so many problems. May be wrong.

Either way, if we’re focused, we should be fine. And as someone mentioned, the most important part of the win is that it almost certainly makes us 3rd in the East. Normally wouldn’t care that much, but just to stick it to Mullen after his “4th place” prediction would make it very satisfying.
It was cold 'n schitty (even flurried), but I don't remember it being windy. I do remember us being kinda lethargic and Danny being sacked a thousand times and a strip fumble returned for a TD on one of them. We started out fast, got a big lead, but by the last half of the 4th quarter, I just remember praying that the game would end because we couldn't do anything right and Vandy kept hanging in there. Oh, and penalties... I think we had about 1000 painful penalties in the 2d half... that game just wouldn't end fast enough.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It was the only game in that championship season that we got to see in person (drove down from Ft Knox) and it SUCKED.... THAT team looked like what we've been watching for the last 10 years, not the team that won it all that year.
Yeah, that's one of the few games during the Spurrier era where we clearly weren't ready to compete. We eventually pulled ourselves together well enough to get out with a win, but it was anything but an impressive performance.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, that's one of the few games during the Spurrier era where we clearly weren't ready to compete. We eventually pulled ourselves together well enough to get out with a win, but it was anything but an impressive performance.

Two of our three NC teams had 1-score wins against VU that season.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been to too many of these games where we nearly got our ass beat. That fking stadium is cold as hell and no parking close unless you pay a fortune to stay at one of the close hotels.

I’ll be there with the fam and hope the concession stands stocked up with plenty of hot chocolate.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Been to too many of these games where we nearly got our ass beat. That fking stadium is cold as hell and no parking close unless you pay a fortune to stay at one of the close hotels.

I’ll be there with the fam and hope the concession stands stocked up with plenty of hot chocolate.
Bring whiskey.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It was cold 'n schitty (even flurried), but I don't remember it being windy. I do remember us being kinda lethargic and Danny being sacked a thousand times and a strip fumble returned for a TD on one of them. We started out fast, got a big lead, but by the last half of the 4th quarter, I just remember praying that the game would end because we couldn't do anything right and Vandy kept hanging in there. Oh, and penalties... I think we had about 1000 painful penalties in the 2d half... that game just wouldn't end fast enough.
I took my 12 yr old daughter to that game and we stayed with friends. That game was as if those officials (that despised SOS) agreed to penalize Fla on any play that could help us score. ANd got worse as the game progressed. I knew the fix was in when Danny was intercepted and it became a pick six, He had a chance but was tackled in front of God and everyone and no there was no call. My daughter who was a huge fan said "Im scared daddy" I hugged her and said the HBC had it under control. SOS proved then that refs could not steal a game from him. I remember his six first years we had 2nd and 20 dozens of times. DID not matter. We woke up the next day with snow. Magical for m daughter. I love going to gator games there cause tickets are easy to get and its a nice little stadium. And its Nashville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.