Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GASPARILLA BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs UCF***

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unprepared? I’d call it uninterested. I didn’t see an interested player on the field, esp on run defense. But our tacklers did once again make a few spectacular dives at ankles.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's biggest uphill battle is going to be trying to instill discipline in a program with a deeply entrenched disregard for it, be it before or after the whistle. Slop and poor impulse control are guaranteed to cost a game or two over a season, yet no one here ever seems to give a **** or learn better.
This tells you all you need to know. I could have swore I was watching the game in slow motion last night.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not disagreeing that there is work to be done. But there are players here who’ve merely been a reflection of their coaches and want much more. Saw this earlier. Plenty to build around.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not disagreeing that there is work to be done. But there are players here who’ve merely been a reflection of their coaches and want much more. Saw this earlier. Plenty to build around.

This is a good point. I don't believe every current player is a unsalvageable wreck. I think many of them will welcome the new attitude, as well as seeing bad players held accountable for on and off-field performance. You aren't going to see some asshat cost UF the game by throwing a shoe and be named Captain the next week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is a good point. I don't believe every current player is a unsalvageable wreck. I think many of them will welcome the new attitude, as well as seeing bad players held accountable for on and off-field performance. You aren't going to see some asshat cost UF the game by throwing a shoe and be named Captain the next week.

Agreed.

Also, every point I make is a great point.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
There was a lot of discussion of turning down a bowl game to stop the team from continuing to get bad coaching.

Extra practices don’t mean much if you barely use them and get coached poorly.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
There was a lot of discussion of turning down a bowl game to stop the team from continuing to get bad coaching.

Extra practices don’t mean much if you barely use them and get coached poorly.

This makes me hate Mullen even more and I didn’t think that was possible. He put together a staff of lazy losers and I thank God CBN didn’t keep any of them. How could any school consider Knox or anyone else for anything more than Waterboy on a staff after watching that schit show last night and finding out they only practiced for 5 days? Hopefully they cost themselves a lot of money in the future last night since they definitely wasted what UF paid them they last 3 weeks. I hope Mullen can only find work as a Cousin Eddie double in “Christmas Vacation: The Musical” playing at senior living homes all throughout Florida for the rest of his schitty career..

Oh..almost forgot! Merry Christmas!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Apparently Wingo does not yet realize his staff that stuck by them, while not sticking by them, were making up to $40,000.00 a month. The least they could do is coach the players.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We have talented players.

We lack proper conditioning, discipline and fundamentals. All a reflection of horrifically bad coaching.

That’s gone. Some of you will be surprised at how well some of these guys react to real coaching.

Players want a disciplinarian leading them. They want structure and accountability. It’s always been that way.

Jun 2, 2015
Lol you're high if you think UCF will be on par with the big three in florida. They already had their time and no one cared about them, they screamed about it quite a bit too. Which is the reason I hate that school and its fans. They do this seemingly every year. Play absolutely NO ONE all year, then get up for one meaningless bowl game, and people overreact if they beat a power 5 conference.

This game wasn't about UCF being a good team so much as Florida being a bad one. No credit to UCF at all. They did 'pretty well' because this florida team just fired its coach and the guy coaching him is a lame duck that wouldn't just run pierce in their face all night. Had he done that Florida wins easy. They had a loser attitude from a loser coach that wasn't going to be purged in a few games. This game means absolutely nothing for either school. Sure the pansy UCF fans will claim some sort of championship. But in the long run this game means squat.

Wow, your grapes are pretty sour. Remember UCF was missing some of their best players, plus their #1 QB so they are due some credit. Years ago, I remember the Gators did not want to play the "girl's" school to the west & felt they were beneath them. I truly like the Gators & really wanted to attend UF but fate took me to Miami. You simply lost to a better and more disciplined team, regardless of the situation. Hopefully both of our new coaches will get us both back up in the ranks. I was surprised by the occurrence at the end of the game as UF has never been know to be thuggish. First thing the coach needs to do is establish an attitude adjustment.

Last edited:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
No sour grapes. They beat a awful Florida team simple fact. Any team with a pulse can beat this team. It's nothing to be proud of and nothing to hang your hat on as a program

Anyone that's surprised at the result last night or thuggish behavior hasn't been paying attention

This is the team that lost last year to a bad LSU team because a guy through a shoe

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
Well, the "directional" school did pretty well plus considering their #1 QB (Gabriel) was out and they had to start a freshman QB. The City of Orlando is very supportive of UCF and they have a lot of positives going for them. I think within the next 10 years they will be a team to be reconned with and on the same level as the Gators, Canes & Noles. Some of their 3 start recruits have turned into 5 star performers and they are doing well in assessing talent.
BTW, Mullin was mentioned for our OC.....the board about blew up. Our BOD did not like his personality or massive ego. Word on the street is that we are signing Georgia's DC but that he won't be announced until after their bowl game. Let's look forward to a much better football year in 2022. Sure hope Shorter is going to be ok. He is a very good player with a bright future if no residual injuries.

Hey, if a girl's school can become one of the big 3 in FL, it is a pretty good bet that a directional school can become the 4th big one in FL.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Seriously, you are delusional. Thanks Dan. Idiocy like this is your ultimate legacy to us.

This was the worst UF team since the 4-8 team. You would probably be bragging about the win if UF had to withdraw due to Covid. I get it though, you realize the next 3 games will be more like the lopsided losses you are used to so grab some glory while you can. Congrats on being the least suckiest team last night in a Bowl nobody from UF cared about. Now please go away
This is a canes fan

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
This is a canes fan

giphy.gif

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I know who he primarily pulls for.
SHE is an 80-something year old woman on a sports message board. I don't care who she pulls for or what she says, that is absolutely unheard of. She may be the only one in America.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I know who he primarily pulls for. He has been nut swinging on UCF all day though, so I’ll treat him like the wanna be he seems to be.

FlyingGator getting all puffy chested over laying the wood to our 80something Canes fan who happens to be a woman. Now how do you feel? :lol:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree

If you had to describe this game with one word, I would say INSANITY

They tried to get a different result by doing the same thing, on offense. The defense played well due to all the young players WANTING to play.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
SHE is an 80-something year old woman on a sports message board. I don't care who she pulls for or what she says, that is absolutely unheard of. She may be the only one in America.

FlyingGator getting all puffy chested over laying the wood to our 80something Canes fan who happens to be a woman. Now how do you feel? :lol:

giphy.gif

On the other hand I also showed I am not sexist or ageist in any way..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.