Saban terrified: Auburn to hire Boise State's Bryan Harsin as head coach

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I guess they are like some here they don't like the current results and thus change head coaches. The forget that there might not be a better alternative and sometimes working to improve what you have is much better than say getting someone else.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, at a school that rivals the Mets for most “little brother program” ever, going against a master in all aspects of the game, with no recruiting footprint or regional history, and having to do all of this via Zoom.

Oh, and you’re saddled with Bo Nix for at least two more years, and they just fired a coach who brought them the most sustained success since a guy who’s now a Senator.

Pro tip: rent.
I think he benched Bo Nix before he even got off the plane.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, at a school that rivals the Mets for most “little brother program” ever, going against a master in all aspects of the game, with no recruiting footprint or regional history, and having to do all of this via Zoom.

Oh, and you’re saddled with Bo Nix for at least two more years, and they just fired a coach who brought them the most sustained success since a guy who’s now a Senator.

Pro tip: rent.

Alabama pure sucked before the Bear and ran off his successful replacement, Gene Stallings, due to his son being on the sidelines with Down’s Syndrome. They then went through Chump like coaches like water for years until they made Saban an offer he couldn’t refuse while with the Dolphins. Auburn has frequently been the dominant program in the state of Alabama since the Shug Jordan years except for Bear and Saban.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There have been years when UFS beat UF too, but Lil Sister is always Lil Sister.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think he benched Bo Nix before he even got off the plane.

In that case, and I never do this, but can we change the tread title by adding “Bo Nix spotted at mall in silk dress shirt and belt phone clip for final TMobile interview”?

Thanks.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Unfortunately it was intercepted by Bama...at the request of Harvey Updike
Harvey Updike?? Now there was a real headcase. Even Alabama fans cringe at the mention of his name.
As far as "The Little General" being terrified at the news of Auburn's recent head coach hire, they said the same thing about the hiring of Dumbo Fisher, The Lame Kitten, and Mike Leach. Yet the beat goes on in Tuscaloosa. When it comes to recruiting, "The Little General" merely selects.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Harvey Updike?? Now there was a real headcase. Even Alabama fans cringe at the mention of his name.
Updike did more for Bama than any fan in history. He literally and single handedly ended a beloved tradition at a rival school forever. It's rather remarkable, really.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Updike did more for Bama than any fan in history. He literally and single handedly ended a beloved tradition at a rival school forever. It's rather remarkable, really.
I'm not sure if Updike single handedly ended that tradition or not. Rumor has it that all of the pressure washing of those trees after they were rolled with TP so many times was taking its toll on the trees. Updike's act was just deemed as the final terminal part. Dunno...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure if Updike single handedly ended that tradition or not. Rumor has it that all of the pressure washing of those trees after they were rolled with TP so many times was taking its toll on the trees. Updike's act was just deemed as the final terminal part. Dunno...
:bwahaha:

Certainly not surprised to see you rushing to the defense of Updyke - you're probably disappointed you didn't think of it yourself. He should have had his nuts cut off.

Those trees had decades left and you damn well know it. I'll bet you've already visited Updyke's grave a few times and left flowers.....or semen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Ok, let's be clear here. The whole toomer's corner tradition was disgusting and needed to be killed off. Just the idea of people gravitating to something that's associated with removing waste from the human body says so much about the level of trash that exists in the state of Alabama(no offense to you personally). But any attempt to shift blame to "old age" or pressure washing is silly. Your fanbase, which this guy clearly represents, took it upon itself to kill the tree. The rest of the world just looks the other way like when the Saudi's have nice talks with terrorists, because again, it's something that needs to be done. But let's not act like you weren't the cause.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:

Certainly not surprised to see you rushing to the defense of Updyke - you're probably disappointed you didn't think of it yourself. He should have had his nuts cut off.

Those trees had decades left and you damn well know it. I'll bet you've already visited Updyke's grave a few times and left flowers.....or semen.
Nalt is directly related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator