Season opener against Miami moved up 1 week; expect huge national audience

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For us, it's really gonna be tough to make the 90 minute drive a different time than we had already planned. :dance:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Who the fvkk do you work for that your schedule in August is set and immovable? That would fvkking suck. You work on an assembly line or something? I can think of no one in that position.

Apparently you goofdicks aren't aware that hotel reservations and airline tickets can be adjusted, especially when we are talking about SIX GOSH DARN MONTHS from now. Jeebus.

Well, I already have one commitment on my calendar in August that I agreed to based on my plans for the month, so yeah a 1 week change could easily be a deal killer. Also, changing flights usually cost money, so that would suck. My bigger gripe though is I don't see any reason to move it. We don't need the exposure. This is the type of thing that the UCF's of the world should agree to, but not something UF should entertain.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So when are they supposed to give a final decision on this? It would certainly cause a lot of belly aching from some of the teams we play, because it would give us a 3rd bye week. I don’t really care when we play them, I just was us to massacre their ass!

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think it is pretty awkward. Don't like losing a week of practice before the season for a big game.
This is good thinking. We should be slightly ahead of UM and I'd rather get in another week of fall camp to solidify rotations and such that you really don't want to be doing when in specific game week preparations....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is good thinking. We should be slightly ahead of UM and I'd rather get in another week of fall camp to solidify rotations and such that you really don't want to be doing when in specific game week preparations....
You get to start preseason practices 21 days before the first game. If the game is earlier then fall camp starts earlier. You then get 20 hours a week during the season. This doesn't hurt us in the slightest. In fact, we get an extra week of practice this way.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/20-Hour-Rule-Document.pdf

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You get to start preseason practices 21 days before the first game.
21 days or 21 practices? Seems like we always started about 4 weeks out from the first game and the last week was always reserved for the opener prep....I'm getting old though and can't even remember my password to get on here half the time.

I still like starting later though as it gives newbies a chance to settle in to campus life while digesting a sh!tton of information from the coaches.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
21 days or 21 practices? Seems like we always started about 4 weeks out from the first game and the last week was always reserved for the opener prep....I'm getting old though and can't even remember my password to get on here half the time.

I still like starting later though as it gives newbies a chance to settle in to campus life while digesting a sh!tton of information from the coaches.....
21 days, 3 days in helmet only "acclimatization"2 days in shells, 3 hours a day after that except on a limited set of 2 a
day. It's all in that link. The general rule is 20 hour a week during preseason, season and spring practice. 4 hours the rest of the time.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess the extra bye week is a big advantage....I don't like our conference foes getting an early preview though....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the extra bye week is a big advantage....I don't like our conference foes getting an early preview though....
Mullinz playbook hasn't changed much through the years.

The problem is, if executed well, it's a sort of pick your poison thing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

A lot of it's based on physicality too...If you're getting your ass handed to you when you know what's coming you certainly won't be stopping the unexpected. I will say this about Mullen last year, he really did a decent job of adding in a different little wrinkle in the last 5 or 6 games of the season without abandoning too much of the base stuff.

I hope our offensive line and defense in general are ready to go at an earlier date though. The youth/inexperience in the offensive line has me a little on edge.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope our offensive line and defense in general are ready to go at an earlier date though. The youth/inexperience in the offensive line has me a little on edge.
Me too, but the team last year only had 15 practices in the spring and 21 days in the fall. These guys now have had over a year of both absorbing the system and real S&C.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

It's all about mismatches. The more diverse skilled players, the better. The O-line is the worry. They will be the "hold up" early in the season and limit the play calling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trump needs to grab you all in the pussy.

They just hired their Ron Zook after he gave up 40 points to Wisconsin, except their Ron Zook is a vagabond journeyman who changed jobs every 1.5 years.

This is going to be a slaughter.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is going to be a slaughter.
I don't think we start off that fast in any game to make it an all out bloodbath. In fact I'll bet the first half ends up something like 13-7 or 14-10.....Believe it or not I think our passing game with Grimes and Jefferson will create 2 or 3 scores in the second half and make it look something like 37-17 as we plod out the clock with our backs...just seems to be in our DNA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These scrotUMs will be closer to Clowntown next year than a rrespectable team. We will be yelling to their sideline too telling them they don't have enough people on the field.

This was a terrible terrible hire for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.