South Carolina is in shambles; Bobo named newest OC

nkb9876

Oct 23, 2019
I saw this posted on a gamecock message board:

"can we get past that question. His buyout is too hefty and money doesn’t grow on trees. He’s not going anywhere because of that monkey who’s running the athletic department. Our only hope is to replace his staff and take champ off his meds. They guy has no fire in his step."

lol

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
From what I understand from their beaten-down fans, the AD is horrible, almost Fooley-like in making hires, so they see no need to fire the Chimp unless the AD goes with him. Otherwise, he'll just hire another disaster.

That seems overstated. They’ve won a championship in women’s hoops and the men made a final 4. Hiring Chump on the recommendation of their all-time winningest football coach was dumb but so is their delusion that SC could ever consistently be more than an 8-9 win, Outback Bowl bid hopeful. Like Illinois hiring Zook. Bad, but you weren’t ever going to amount to much anyway.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Chimp is currently 25-22 @ USCe. Right now I’d say it’s 50-50 he survives. Given the rest of their schedule if he doesn’t beat Vandy, that number gets a lot worse for him. As @Captain Sasquatch noted above, the rest of their schedule (App State, TAMU, & Clemson) does not get any easier. On the other hand, our idiot AD kept him after a 4-8 season, so maybe their AD is that dumb too?
Ray Tanner was hired because he won some NCs in baseball. Hardly a prerequisite to be an AD but USC gets what they pay for.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
why remind folks now?

it’s clear that everyone is united on this now, so why look back?

I was never a Muschamp fan, but once a coach is hired I support him as best I can until support becomes futile, like losing to Ga Southern.
Half the fun of message boards is talking crap. Reminding people of their stupid stances is one of the best ways to talk crap. Like reminding Donk that he thought our OL was going to be fine this year. Or 78 that he thought UCF was better than 1/2 the SEC teams.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Half the fun of message boards is talking crap. Reminding people of their stupid stances is one of the best ways to talk crap. Like reminding Donk that he thought our OL was going to be fine this year. Or 78 that he thought UCF was better than 1/2 the SEC teams.

My point is that you don't need to dig up crap from 3 coaches ago when people put so much fresh crap out there to make fun of. You posted a couple of great examples of this that are current and relevant, which is a lot more fun to make fun of.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My friend who is a Gamecock Club lifer always says Tanner is the perfect example of the Peter Principle.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Appy will travel well in two weeks and double the amount of Gators that were at Willy B last week. They'll beat Duncechump, then he'll he'll say "it's on me, we'll get it fixed", etc.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My point is that you don't need to dig up crap from 3 coaches ago when people put so much fresh crap out there to make fun of. You posted a couple of great examples of this that are current and relevant, which is a lot more fun to make fun of.
Bringing back classics never goes out of style.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I saw this posted on a gamecock message board:

"can we get past that question. His buyout is too hefty and money doesn’t grow on trees. He’s not going anywhere because of that monkey who’s running the athletic department. Our only hope is to replace his staff and take champ off his meds. They guy has no fire in his step."

lol

Had no idea Fooley was moonlighting at USCe. How long has that been going on?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Tanner was hired because he won some NCs in baseball. Hardly a prerequisite to be an AD but USC gets what they pay for.
As opposed to selling popcorn?

Or being a Cowbell baseball player.

These are hardly the people youd you in charge of any other multimillion dollar business. Their primary qualification is that the alumni know them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was the Kim Kardashian of college coaches when he arrived here. He was almost universally known in the college football world, and esp in the SEC, and yet no one really knew why.

I guess you could say he had become notorious for being notorious.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As opposed to selling popcorn?

Or being a Cowbell baseball player.

These are hardly the people youd you in charge of any other multimillion dollar business. Their primary qualification is that the alumni know them.
Every business person starts somewhere. At least Foley worked within the organization. These coaches are great at their trade but you really think any of them are truly brilliant? Might be, but I wouldn’t want to take that chance when hiring a CEO - which the AD basically is.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Muschamp was the Kim Kardashian of college coaches when he arrived here. He was almost universally known in the college football world, and esp in the SEC, and yet no one really knew why.

I guess you could say he had become notorious for being notorious.
I remember thinking that Texas defense was pretty ****ty for him to be the next "can't miss" coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.