Spurrier admits Machen wanted Creyer

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: So donk, you originally rated my popcorn emoji as loonie, but then an hour later reconsidered and went back and changed it to drunk? Man, that is some next level post rating commitment to excellence my friend.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Who are these people? Do yourself a favor and cut them out of your life, permanently.

Foley hired Zook, Muschamp and McElwain, inherited Spurrier and was basically gifted Meyer. It's amazing what a little timing and presentation can do for perception.
:suspect: Uhh...

Billy Donovan??

:ugh:

:eek: AW SH*T!:confused:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who are these people? Do yourself a favor and cut them out of your life, permanently.

Foley hired Zook, Muschamp and McElwain, inherited Spurrier and was basically gifted Meyer. It's amazing what a little timing and presentation can do for perception.
it is a little more nuanced than that, and actually worse for Foley. Foley did not inherit Spurrier. Fooley, as assistant AD for popcorn and other matters, led the search committee and refused to consider Spurrier the first time. They wanted to hire some other worthless bootlicker, whose name I always forget. one of the biggest bull Gators intervened.

But some other old person will remember.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:suspect: Uhh...

Billy Donovan??

:ugh:

:eek: AW SH*T!:confused:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Was I to name all sports coaches he may, or may not, have hired? This was about football.

After careful consideration, I think Law was wrong. It's not a "just in case" matter. You're definitely going to need a mail order bride from Moldova.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
:lol: So donk, you originally rated my popcorn emoji as loonie, but then an hour later reconsidered and went back and changed it to drunk? Man, that is some next level post rating commitment to excellence my friend.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Was I to name all sports coaches he may, or may not, have hired? This was about football.

After careful consideration, I think Law was wrong. It's not a "just in case" matter. You're definitely going to need a mail order bride from Moldova.
Personally, I kind of feel like the dog images at the end of the post were an acknowledgment that nobody gives AF that Fa-fa-floley hired Billy D or whoever the Fuchsing tennis coach is or whatever. What meaning did you ascribe to them?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have rules about bytching about dislikes.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I just wish Machen was around in 1990. Imagine how many championships UF would have by now if we hired Meyer then instead of that other guy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
And as controversial as this may seem, it was probably the right move for all parties. Spurrier himself has said that 12 years at a place is probably long enough. Why chance that you soil the incredible run you had and leave on a less than positive note. Rarely can you "go home again". He got the chance to do something he wanted to do at Usce, and we got two titles out of it. I think that's a win-win. But I still don't see how any of this is groundbreaking, thread-starting worthy in 2021.

Oh I don't know. Some coaches stick around for 15 years and win 7 national titles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Personally, I kind of feel like the dog images at the end of the post were an acknowledgment that nobody gives AF that Fa-fa-floley hired Billy D or whoever the Fuchsing tennis coach is or whatever. What meaning did you ascribe to them?

You'll have to forgive me. I took it to mean that somehow I'd dropped the ball in a jmskrjr-style fail. Please disregard my tone and any part of the post that could be perceived as offensive or derogatory.

Except the part about the mail order bride. That's definitely still the case.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You'll have to forgive me. I took it to mean that somehow I'd dropped the ball in a jmskrjr-style fail. Please disregard my tone and any part of the post that could be perceived as offensive or derogatory.

Except the part about the mail order bride. That's definitely still the case.
Well for the record I didn't dispute that part of the post anyway. :dunno:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You feeling ok, sofla, you're an iggles fan... when do you apologize for offensive or derogatory things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.