Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KC just damn lucky. Gets a phantom holding on the biggest play of the game? Refs were letting the 2 teams play hard all night then call that ticky tack crap? Awful.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watched several times and never saw possession with the left foot down. It was bobbled and then recaught.

If hats a catch, the one in the flat that KC returned for TD was too.

I don't think either was a catch. Jst didn't see control with 2 feet in bounds, but control is jdgement call.
Yeah. A lot of butt hurt Eagles fans in this thread. I don’t think that was a catch either. Just like the fumble recovery for a touchdown was a clean hit and recovery. But got overturned for the Eagles.

Sometimes calls don’t go your way and you have to overcome them.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Halftime show was he worst i can ever remember. Looked like an audition for a TeleTubby movie.

I intentionally skipped the halftime show because it typically sucks and the consensus here seems to be that Rihanna was in fact awful.
I find it interesting that virtually every media outlet has described the performance as “Epic”.

I wonder if the media folks feel obligated to gush over certain people these days…….. nah, must be my imagination.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watched most of the game. Fairly decent tilt. Some really close calls by the refs. I haven't watched halftime in years and I didn't watch it this year. All they had to do was keep showing me that silhouette of Rhianna which looked like Medusa, and I knew I would continue to miss Super Bowl halftimes.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
What I want to know is why more players don't melt down like that after they get jobbed by bad/crooked officiating.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Notice the timeline between that kick and my next post. Plus, we all know I have a penchant for luxury watches and am passionate about my teams.

In retrospect, I could’ve handled things better. Like not invite the guy with stains on his wife beater pictured at the end. Honestly though, otherwise…

Who was the dude wearing a Dora the Explorer back pack? I see the token white girl was invited to the party.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You know who didn’t protest or lobby for the call? The WR who was held. What that tells you is that clearly this had been the case throughout the night. What always frustrates fans, coaches, etc in sports is a lack of consistency. No different than a basketball game where someone gets mugged on the way to the hoop and it doesn’t get called. You routinely hear the announcers say, “they’re obviously letting them play”. Or, you see a ticky-tacky foul early and they say, “clearly they’re calling this game tight”. Both teams then understand what to expect. The fact that it was so limited that the receiver didn’t even ask for the flag tells you the way the game had been played up to that point.

But again, as I said last night, if we defer to the rules expert, he was fine with that being called. The problem is that the Smith catch was overturned, going against everything in the rulebook. If that penalty isn’t called, then regardless of what ultimately happens, no one is complaining. There is a form of holding on every single play. Something as non-egregious as that should never completely decide a championship game.

To be clear, there’s nothing that guarantees Philly drives the field with a minute left and gets the FG to force OT, or that they win it once there. The issue is that it opens a debate when it could’ve been settled on the field.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah. A lot of butt hurt Eagles fans in this thread. I don’t think that was a catch either. Just like the fumble recovery for a touchdown was a clean hit and recovery. But got overturned for the Eagles.

Sometimes calls don’t go your way and you have to overcome them.

We can debate the merit of the rules, but by current definition Smith made the catch and the second play you mention was incomplete. One was called correctly, the other was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator