Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can we really say Stricklin is a Florida-sharp AD? =
Has he already sent Scott Frost Gator-jammies for lil Scottie? ... Sent him an Albert stuffed toy?
Has SS had Frost sign on the dotted line for 5-years' supply of free Gatorade (gets him used to signing the dotted line here)?
Sent him a Google map showing zero Pakistani t-shirt shops in Gainesville's vicinity?
Zero Universal Studios road traffic.
Our Lake Alice is natural, unlike Disney-made lakes.(amazing isn't it that there is a highly-paid world consultant on the various sand-bottoms to use to give various colored lakewater.)
Send Mrs. Frost pre-paid charge cards for the top stores in Gainesville. Include color brochures showing their top products.
Send Mrs. Frost brochures of the best homes in Gainesville, even if we have to evict Fuchs & family.
Have Spurrier introduce Frost to his Nissan & Outback executives. Hell, offer lil Scottie an extra-large sandbox frame of Yella Wood.
Send Mrs. Frost that list of Gator volunteered cheerleader babysitters.
etc,etc,etc

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guaranteed the pace is going to pick up tremendously over the next several days. It has to. We'll probably know by Monday, maybe even this evening, if Frost is in play or not. After that, the choices aren't nearly as obvious through UF's lens and the worry level here goes up yet another notch.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'm gonna guess it won't happen because given the time we burned pursuing Kelly we can't and won't let it happen.

What time burned? We committed to not talking directly until the season was over and I know I can work on more than one project at a time.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Taggert and Strong? So Law is right about it being a diversity hire.

At this point, if we whiff on Frost and Norvell, I'd say take a swing at Campbell. See what his recruiting plan would be and see what we could work out in regards to his buyout. At least you'd know you were rolling with someone who has a chance.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The aggressive pursuit of Kelly would have been great if it had succeeded. It would have been okay if it had failed but not become widely publicized. But the combination of the wide publicity plus the failure has got to hurt future chances of getting a top coach this round.
Damn leaks. That and not using a better plane and airports.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, if we get Taggart I’d be fine. If we got Strong I’d be fine. A lot of negative talk about Strong and there shouldn’t be. He had some rough years at UT, I’ll give you that. I think that certainly took the shine off him. He can still coach his ass off. Recruit top tier talent and bring in good offensive minds. All this talk about how you want an offensive guy, but Stoops was a defensive guy and had some of the very best offenses at Oklahoma. Why? Bc he brought in good offensive minds. Strong can do the same. I’m not completely advocating for him, I just think you all get stuck on one coach and then you’re hopes and dreams revolve around that person for UF. You set yourselves up for failure.
We could do worse than Strong. I think he will fix the staff and players. He will be light years ahead of where we are now.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Taggert and Strong? So Law is right about it being a diversity hire.

At this point, if we whiff on Frost and Norvell, I'd say take a swing at Campbell. See what his recruiting plan would be and see what we could work out in regards to his buyout. At least you'd know you were rolling with someone who has a chance.

Campbell isn't my first choice and his buyout is expensive, but he is a winner and we could do worse.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What time burned? We committed to not talking directly until the season was over and I know I can work on more than one project at a time.

You operate from a submarine before the season is over and switch over to a Naval destroyer after. There's been plenty going on.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We pick up the crumbs. An announcement is made. As good little Gators we rally around the new guy with well wishes and "welcome aboard" and say "it's great to be a Florida Gator" while in our hearts we know we are stuck with 9-3 but it's the best we can do. Life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.