Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I've always believed that most rational posters are pretty close in how they assess the situation. All sides want to win and have fun watching the Gators. The differences are mostly highlighted in the childish name calling by "some" so-called dumpers. Grown men calling other grown men pathetic nicknames. Gators calling out other Gators. Gators diminishing Gators. I get it....this is a message board and that's how they roll. It's how the times have changed....we should be having a lot more fun with FSU right now. But yeah...Butters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like you M1. You kick azz, dont you?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It is imperative a Marine keep clean socks on hand at all times....well at least dry socks. Coffee so bad you couldn't tell the difference anyway.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FSU owns us right now. Hard to poke fun at them when they remain a superior team.
IT is never hard to poke fun at slimynoles...........0-2........or better............34–25–2. or even better all time longest streak FLA with 9.
second longest streak of 6 two times by UF.
THE ONLY team that came close to owning fla was jawja and SOS neutered them 27 year ago and that is how long we have OWNED THEM................dont get much better than that.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don't know when it will happen, but until Mac is gone we will remain a mediocre program... that to me is reason enough to move on ASAP.

The sad truth is the best we can be is mediocre. If we hired a new high octane HC, he could turn us around faster than most think. I cannot believe there isn't a discussion going on in high places. Our defense is about to take a big hit if something isn't done quickly. A weak defense and a 115th rated offense is a disaster. This is a window of opportunity President Stricklin better pounce on. It could save his hyde.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's so fascinating to see jmsk pine for a new coach and an AD to start firing people. Only 3 weeks ago he was telling us all what awful people we were for doing exactly that.

:lmao2:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Here's the problem w/ the pumping (and I've mentioned this many times). Message boards have been around through the Zook, Muschamp, and McElwain years and it's the same thing over and over w/ the pumping. I understand being excited and supportive, but there's another side of this. As pumpers think - for some unknown reason - that their positivity is helping w/ recruiting or whatever....but what they are really doing is staying aboard a sinking ship to the detriment of "the program". UF Football is bigger than Jim McElwain, just like UF Football was bigger than Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

"Pumpers" wear this support for a failing coach as a badge of honor and it's disgusting. Most of us who spend time on message boards follow "the program" more than most casual fans (i.e. the one's who come for a tailgate and cannot tell you the name of the starting Center or MLB, only the star players). Football is not rocket science. It's pretty easy to identify a mediocre coach or a very good coach. Pumpers take it personal that anyone would suggest "their" coach was mediocre! They cling to the failing coach literally until the day he's gone (some, as in Muschamp's case, even suggested "did we make a mistake firing him?"). So, while you're busy beating your chest over your support for the coach....."the program" is sinking (don't believe it? go look at the stands!). This happened for Zook and it happened again for Muschamp. Pumpers start threads about how great the hire was....how this is the "next Spurrier".....how Foley "hit a homerun!".....how this coach is "the best recruiter", "can develop talent", "is the most honest/ethical coach in the country...", etc, etc. When you step back from it, it's pretty stupid. Just like when people say that a recruit committed to "the school" and not to "the coach" (when a coaching change happens). As a fan, you should be committed to "the program", not the coach! Long after Jim McElwain is hanging out on his ranch in Montana counting all that UF cash....."the program" will still be here and you will be rooting for the next coach. You think fans would have learned their lesson w/ Urban Meyer - a pure coaching mercenary. There's no loyalty in coaching. Even Steve Spurrier said "see ya!" (I know....the "dumpers" ran him off").

I will repeat: the UF Football Program is bigger than Jim McElwain!

And Jim McElwain is sinking The Program.....

We're just a bunch of schleps sitting around the bar talking. Which I like, and you're one of the better posters at sharing news & information. But message boards represent a tiny sliver of fans and an even smaller sliver of boosters. I like having somewhere to voice my opinions and read others', but we aren't affecting anything here really.

If you want to affect something, drop an actual letter to the AD or write a note of encouragement to your favorite players or one you see struggling. Send a check to the Boosters or stop sending checks to them. But don't mistake these forums for anything more than what they are.

Beat Vandy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Theo. I had been thinking GatChat was more than it was. ;)

PS>> get the AD's fax# and flood it with faxes. I refer ya'll to Brad for that #.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.