Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

OMG I'm tired and I'm laughing until I hurt.

I'm just thinking what the hell kind of trap do you use? I've never seen one of those live catch traps even close to being big enough to put a bammer in it.

What do you do? put Moonpies on the inside of one of those moving PODS and fabricate a spring-loaded trap door something?

Bait? ....we use those Finebaum blowup dolls.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's poor coaching is now thoroughly understood by board posters. Dissenting opinion ceased after the Michigan debacle and any surviving opposition was snuffed when cover detailed his many mistakes. The decision on Mac now rests with the AD and the bull gators and it will likely be made on performance, specifically offensive performance. More specifically on rushing. Last year we were dead middle in the SEC in passing and dead last in running the football. If our rushing this year is middle of the SEC pack, our offense will be middle of the pack and Mac will be retained. So complaining does nothing but lose recruits that the next coach will need. So if you want Mac gone, root for a win with a low rushing total and vent as little as possible. It is hurting recruiting and it is hurting the University
I have no freaking idea who you are.
I get home from a very long day of work and want to spend some time relaxing and catching up on Gator Chatter and here you are telling me what I can and cant post about.

The level of pretension that you have exhibited is astronomically erroneous on so many levels of public discourse.

And thats another thing, Where do you come off calling me Nick!!!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
You called me pops.......as if being old is a joke. It is just a stage in life. You gain more perspective the longer you hang around *(if you are paying attention. As for our d$ck swiinging contest call me impressed by your running. Seriously. I used to run (not that much of course) but lots of 5 mile runs as a young man. Running makes you feel good but basketball is a lot more creative and fun with the chemistry of others to mesh with.
You seem to think I want to feel holier than thou or something with my gatorness. Im just old school. Seen the worst seen the best (that is a lie as i wasnt here in the 40s when they hit bottom) But ive seen lots of years when UGA owned us and that was AWFUL. Im gonna back off here. pizzzing matches just get everyone ankle's wet. You Law and many others have the right to say anything you want about our program coaches staff uniforms etc. But I can give it back too. Maybe young recruits dont visit sites like this. Maybe they do and laugh at it. Maybe they do and start to think "Maybe these fellas are right about the coaching staff and UM or fsu or bama or UT is a better place to go.
I dont know. I just know how much joy I have gotten out of this program for over 50 years and my failing is defending it too much sometimes...............You and brad need to talk that running talk. He likes to talk about it. Peace.
You may be old but I don't see you as being "old school", especially on the politics board.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
I don't know when it will happen, but until Mac is gone we will remain a mediocre program... that to me is reason enough to move on ASAP.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Well, maybe not this morning but we had a ton of you talking about how old Extra Butter Macaroni was getting ready to break out. the offense would be explosive. Nusschump had open receivers everywhere. All we needed was no LDR. The roster was probably the best ever, with playmakers all over the place.

But that was last month.
Extra Butter Macaroni?, "Classic"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know when it will happen, but until Mac is gone we will remain a mediocre program... that to me is reason enough to move on ASAP.

Welcome to the board GatorArts! (get an avatar quickly or the boys will get on you!!)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have no freaking idea who you are.
I get home from a very long day of work and want to spend some time relaxing and catching up on Gator Chatter and here you are telling me what I can and cant post about.

The level of pretension that you have exhibited is astronomically erroneous on so many levels of public discourse.

And thats another thing, Where do you come off calling me Nick!!!

great scene from the greatest holiday movie of all time....................zuuzuu petals.........HEY BERT MY LIP IS BUSTED.
Rev just went up 50pts in my good poster secret list...............

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Let's try saying this another way. The war is over. You won. Why not take a victory lap, wave to the crowd, and move on? After all, there will be another game Saturday and Mac will make more mistakes. Cover will rationally dissect them and everyone can enjoy the new mistakes, win or lose. Why keep beating the dead horses of previous errors?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's try saying this another way. The war is over. You won. Why not take a victory lap,
MY GATORS LOSING ISNT WINNING ANY DAMN THING. It's like looking on the horizon and seeing a wall of dark clouds and knowing what's coming. Frankly it took almost zero talent to see it if you werent blinded by O&B glasses.

No one "won" a damn thing.

We win when we hire a championship coach who has the program moving in the right direction again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's try saying this another way. The war is over. You won. Why not take a victory lap, wave to the crowd, and move on? After all, there will be another game Saturday and Mac will make more mistakes. Cover will rationally dissect them and everyone can enjoy the new mistakes, win or lose. Why keep beating the dead horses of previous errors?
Because Mac and his convenient store coaching staff keep making the same mistakes. It's the same crap, week after week. If he can take a dump on the field each week, we can certainly gripe about it each week as well.

Also, I think these "war is over" and "you won" and "take a victory lap" comments show exactly why you and many of the other self proclaimed pumpers just dont get it. Seems like to you guys, you just wanted to be proven correct and be able to walk around with your nose in the air about it; winning and being a great program always seem to come second to some of you that walk around with your nose in the air patting each other on the back for being "better" fans than others.

I and no other labeled dumpers I know of care one bit about any of that. I and the other dumpers want the situation fixed so we can ALL be happy. I don't give one iota about winning a war or taking a victory lap unless the war was waged on the field against top competition and we were the ones taking the lap afterwards. If mac was actually getting it done I'd be ecstatic. He's not, its the opposite and it's painfully obvious.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Because Mac and his convenient store coaching staff keep making the same mistakes. It's the same crap, week after week. If he can take a dump on the field each week, we can certainly gripe about it each week as well.

Also, I think these "war is over" and "you won" and "take a victory lap" comments show exactly why you and many of the other self proclaimed pumpers just dont get it. Seems like to you guys, you just wanted to be proven correct and be able to walk around with your nose in the air about it; winning and being a great program always seem to come second to some of you that walk around with your nose in the air patting each other on the back for being "better" fans than others.

I and no other labeled dumpers I know of care one bit about any of that. I and the other dumpers want the situation fixed so we can ALL be happy. I don't give one iota about winning a war or taking a victory lap unless the war was waged on the field against top competition and we were the ones taking the lap afterwards. If mac was actually getting it done I'd be ecstatic. He's not, its the opposite and it's painfully obvious.
Very interesting post, Durty. The thing that interests me is that I suspected the same thing about some of you. I was not surprised that law reacted passionately-- I always suspected that beneath the cynicism hew was actually distressed at the direction of the program. But, quite frankly, I think that some dumpers like to dis Mac simply because it makes them feel like football experts to make fun of a major coach. Everyone can decide for themselves what their own motivation is.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Very interesting post, Durty. The thing that interests me is that I suspected the same thing about some of you. I was not surprised that law reacted passionately-- I always suspected that beneath the cynicism hew was actually distressed at the direction of the program. But, quite frankly, I think that some dumpers like to dis Mac simply because it makes them feel like football experts to make fun of a major coach. Everyone can decide for themselves what their own motivation is.
People dis mac because hes freaking garbage! Even rex didnt rub anything in anyone's faces after the game that made all admit mac is trash. There was no victory laps or anything. There were a few jabs toward 2 or 3 individuals that for the last 18 months have been miserable pricks to anyone that dared question the staff, but that lasted all of a day or so and that was it. I coulnd't give 2 shts about being "right". I want to win! Each offseason I hoped and hoped and hoped somehow things would be different. But its not, and if it was gonna happen, it already would have. We can admit this dude is a waste of time and move on, or we can be tennessee. I'm not so sure some around here would care that much if the latter happened.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You may be old but I don't see you as being "old school", especially on the politics board.
Let me allay your fears FG. I believe in hard work. Taking responsibility for your actions. Spanking if all else fails. Praising only for success not just anything. I believe in civility, helping your neighbors, flying the flag on those holidays and I stand and sing the songs and the pledge. IN fact I have led the pledge at my school for 20+ years. I have voted for the party not on my reg card at times. I think America is a great place with great people but we can always improve. I also think we can learn from other cultures and systems.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nail head meet hammer. fellas dont get old being stupid. Lots of young ones dont make it to retirement............Darwin was not far off...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.