Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I love this thread. Never know what you’re going to get. We’ve gone from all the recruiters were trash to they’re doing great to fire some to flipping out because UGA stole our best recruiter to excitement because we upgraded then depression because we couldn’t get better than a UTSA DL coach to we are filling out the class with TOP ONE HUNDRED DUDES to we’ll be lucky to get a legacy and a transfer to we might get a couple but who really knows? Thanks for the entertainment.

Agreed this thread is all over the place. It’s lunacy. Let me be clear:

Can’t speak to the others but the Palm Beach crew (Elam and Richards) will be Gators. You’re welcome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed this thread is all over the place. It’s lunacy. Let me be clear:

Can’t speak to the others but the Palm Beach crew (Elam and Richards) will be Gators. You’re welcome.
That would be great.

You've obviously done your part.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Franklin at psu went 18, 13, 20, 21, 7, 3 I believe in the recruiting rankings. As for Clemson, I just remember that dabo didnt set the world on fire immediately, but has built that program.

As for uga, is it realistic to get back to beating them most years? We'd all like it...but it took our best coach of all time vs some of their worst hires.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Franklin at psu went 18, 13, 20, 21, 7, 3 I believe in the recruiting rankings. As for Clemson, I just remember that dabo didnt set the world on fire immediately, but has built that program.

As for uga, is it realistic to get back to beating them most years? We'd all like it...but it took our best coach of all time vs some of their worst hires.
There you go-- using facts on my GC.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We owned uga for 2 decades. Please spare me how that was some fluke because they kept making bad hires. Sounds like we got ourselves a real Georgia fan here, folks.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This is a big deal. This kid can be special and I was nervous about him being able to make it. Has he played this year, he’d have been a top 50 player

Had he played this year, he wouldn’t have qualified academically. I’ll take the drop in his ratings in return for the domination he is going to deliver upon the heads of our foes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Well Taggart is bucking the trend it appears with their collapse in recruiting but there is plenty of evidence the coach is the biggest factor in 2nd classes at these big southern schools - much more so than the team turning things around on the field. I think poor performance on the field can start hurting recruiting down the road but not in the first couple of years unless their is a lot of bad talk around the program like with FSU now..

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is a big deal. This kid can be special and I was nervous about him being able to make it. Has he played this year, he’d have been a top 50 player

Does signing mean they are 100% qualified? I forget if people signed in the past and then didn't make it into Summer classes.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Does signing mean they are 100% qualified? I forget if people signed in the past and then didn't make it into Summer classes.

Recruits sign all the time and then don’t qualify. Allowing them to sign means the recruit is at least on pace to potentially qualify. They could still be missing a key test score or high enough final grade to actually get in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There you go-- using facts on HC.
You know that is a dwag troll, right?

Btw those werent their worst coaches. Richt and Donnan are probably top five for Ugly.

Kirby Dumbchump and Ray Goof are basically the same guy. Goof was Dumpchump.and Musschump's mentor after all. Kirby just got a little more lucky with the timing.

Dumpchump just got blownout by Farmer Fran and the Corndogs after all in year four.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
From what I saw/heard he was just waiting on his test results and he’s good now...And I agree Traz Mullen is a far better coach and next year and on we’ve got a better chance to beat them year in and out but the only game we were beat in every aspect of the game was by Missouri and they’re nowhere near our recruiting in any year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Recruits sign all the time and then don’t qualify. Allowing them to sign means the recruit is at least on pace to potentially qualify. They could still be missing a key test score or high enough final grade to actually get in.
But does mean well he has made enough progress to let him sign and waste one of our 25 seats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe, but facts are still appealing. Basically, it seems Franklin was a sorry recruiter until Seiders showed him how. And the post comes close to opening the coaching vs recruiting wound.
You and insti are the only two tools who arent aware you need both.

You are also the two tools with splooge on your face for claiming Ole Butters was gonna coach em up so well that all his piles of shyt 3 and 2 stars were good enough.

Adding a guy like Seider to any staff makes the recruiting instantly better. It did for Butters and Franklin. It did the opposite when he left our staff unfortunately.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You and insti are the only two tools who arent aware you need both.

You are also the two tools with splooge on your face for claiming Ole Butters was gonna coach em up so well that all his piles of shyt 3 and 2 stars were good enough.
Not true, and I expect that you know it. You do indeed need both. In fact, it's the astrologers who worship recruiting and ignore coaching. Franklin shows that good coaching can do a lot with inferior talent and can, in time, bring about better recruiting. Whereas Kirby is tending to show that good recruiting may be wasted on a bad coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.