Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Could be on a screen porch.
e4f625f0-bb08-49fb-a68f-2ec58662c00c_text.gif

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
From all of the different sources I've read, it seems like we have hardly any of our big money boosters contributing towards NIL.

Which kind of makes sense. It lines up with us being in the lead or trending for these top recruits and then losing out to schools that appear to be spending the big bucks.

However, I've seen some insider nuggets that have said our staff is just being outrecruited and doesnt have any momentum on the trail. I honestly think the effort is there from the whole staff. Maybe Napier isn't that great of a closer, which just is what it is unfortunately. Right now, I'm going to lean towards us not having the funds rather than Napier not being a closer. I mentioned it several pages back, but we have slowly but surely turned into the ND of the south.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Ouch. Feel confident in the long run. We’ll likely get reliable/capable players in the short run to hopefully meet SECCG standards. NIL will eventually implode following the regular season, BN will exploit after UF admin/AA course corrects :whistle:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
@oxrageous was going to say we are quick to point out his missteps, let's be fair and point out his wins as well. Good get at a position of need. Maybe we can get some big mo going, just maybe.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like this pick up. A non smurf sized DE with a 4 star rating. Again, I don't think all is lost if we don't land rashada. Keep loading up on solid players like this and Nixon. And keep movin in the right direction. I like this pick up. I'll be looking forward to itraz eval.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Most likely, whoever gets impatient at one of the QB rich schools. OSU, Ok, UGA, Bama. Someone will be looking for a place with a chance to start next year.

The portal wasn’t sustainable under the previous regime, and that was at other positions of less importance. Leftover U was all we heard. I’m not going to pretend it’s more acceptable now because there’s a new name on the sidelines. We can’t miss on a QB a second year in a row.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
The portal wasn’t sustainable under the previous regime, and that was at other positions of less importance. Leftover U was all we heard. I’m not going to pretend it’s more acceptable now because there’s a new name on the sidelines. We can’t miss on a QB a second year in a row.

Six months to signing day. Everyone is freaked out about NIL. Don’t you think it will matter to the very moment of commitment? Commit in June is not a LOI!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Six months to signing day. Everyone is freaked out about NIL. Don’t you think it will matter to the very moment of commitment? Commit in June is not a LOI!
As usual, Salty is right on. Do all of you think the players that are (stupidly) committed now will all STAY committed, especially this early? Every damn one of them is still on the table until they sign on the dotted line.

There are going to be flips all over the effing place.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

My point is if this were either of the last two coaches, sitting at #33, we’d be hearing about how they can’t recruit. I’m not changing the guidelines because I happen to like this coach better. And I don’t think we can bank on the portal. There aren’t any guarantees that a great QB will be there. But it also kills a lot of the momentum that a top QB would create. I get that it’s 6 months out, but we need to start gaining some traction. The portal doesn’t do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator