Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Rumors we may lose Jean soon, he’s removed all his gator info from his bios, and un pinned his gator commit video.
He may not want to compete for playing time with Mizell and Wilson.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This is CFB in 2022. I heard a Podcast the other day and they called it "College Free Agency" .

But remember, that works both ways. If you're a 2nd string QB and think you can beat out AR? A TE? A burner WR?
If you are sick of cold weather? Or just want to play in the SEC?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors we may lose Jean soon, he’s removed all his gator info from his bios, and un pinned his gator commit video.

Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

No way. @oxrageous assured us that decommits only come to us... like Hotel California, they can never leave.

I'm staying out of this thread until after ESD. Teens are too flaky.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One things for certain... Crystal Balls are for $hit.
Thought it was Clemson 100%.

They are but we’re also in unchartered water here with NIL…that’s throwing a wrench into everything and come December it’s really gonna be the Wild West. What happens if a Ruiz coMes in late with a huge offer to a Bama kid and they flip? Then Bama has to target someone late and steals them and so on…it could get real wild. All of this recruiting in the regular season could mean nothing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

No way. @oxrageous assured us that decommits only come to us... like Hotel California, they can never leave.

I'm staying out of this thread until after ESD. Teens are too flaky.
You don't even watch the effing games, so quit commenting on Gator football altogether.

Anyone we lose will be replaced by someone as good or better.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If UF wanted McClain, they should have matched the offer.
How do you feel about our DB class? When Dijon committed, I thought that substantially lowered our need for McClain. Not sure I’d go all in for a DB when you’ve already got several studs in the class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. It’s been rumored for a couple weeks. Lotta smoke around Miami.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still think that's the primary reason in most cases. If a kid can get $500,000 in one place, or $2 million in another, what is he going to choose? That's going to trump the team he prefers, the scheme he prefers, the team momma prefers, everything. Teenagers aren't thinking what's best for them years down the line, they are thinking about now. They aren't rational. Were YOU rational at 18? I sure as hell wasn't.

That RB that went to Jackson State over FSU is the poster child for this. By every indication, McClain was a Gator until he got the $$$ offer from Miami. That's not me sucking on the staff, I think that's what friggin' happened. If UF wanted McClain, they should have matched the offer.
UF didn’t know. It shocked them and his family.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is CFB in 2022. I heard a Podcast the other day and they called it "College Free Agency" .

But remember, that works both ways. If you're a 2nd string QB and think you can beat out AR? A TE? A burner WR?
If you are sick of cold weather? Or just want to play in the SEC?
I expect the grant-in-aid scholarships will eventually shift from their current annual renewals to some form of binding contract that obligates and protects players and schools. Maybe that is happening with NIL deals.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They are but we’re also in unchartered water here with NIL…that’s throwing a wrench into everything and come December it’s really gonna be the Wild West. What happens if a Ruiz coMes in late with a huge offer to a Bama kid and they flip? Then Bama has to target someone late and steals them and so on…it could get real wild. All of this recruiting in the regular season could mean nothing.
So you are saying you might as well wait until recruiting season?
dan-mullen-dan.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Jean bounces, I wonder if we'd circle back to Sorey. With harsins gone the door might be open there.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If Jean bounces, I wonder if we'd circle back to Sorey. With harsins gone the door might be open there.
I heard on a podcast that Napier told his players that now was the time to decide if they want to continue in his direction?

There may be more, on the team or recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.