Adrian Peterson indicted in Texas for spanking son

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, that's what it looks like when you get your tail whupped with a switch. He went a little further than I ever got, but not by much. Our country has been turning soft for a while now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r said:
Tampa Gator;n48458 said:
If you have to resort to beating your child with a stick you are a poor excuse for a parent. Mr. Peterson needs a time out.

"f**k off"..... said millions of people who's parents applied well timed & appropriate physical consequences to stupid deserving behavior of their children. Maybe you need another "participation trophy". Think you could use a broader brush to insult others? What a di*k.
These were my thoughts exactly

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My brother got in trouble in junior high for throwing pencils into the ceiling at school (1988-89 or so). The Assistant Principal was this HUGE dude, d-lineman type. My brother had 2 choices for punishment, 3 weekends of Saturday school or 3 licks with the paddle. My brother, who had never really been in trouble before, chose the paddle. My brother was about 5'6" and 110 lbs...scrawny little guy. The AP of course has to call for permission so he calls my Mom at work. My mom consented and said "I just have one request....paddle him good because I never want to have another one of these phone calls." So, lick 1 comes and my brother hauls ass out of the room and down the hall. The AP chases him down, brings him back to finish the job.

I got home from school that afternoon and my brother stops me as I'm going down the hall and says "hey, I want to show you something but you have to promise not to laugh." He then proceeds to show me his ass which is 50 shades of black and blue! It was insane! A few weeks later we ran into the AP at a restaurant and my Dad was talking with him and brings up the paddling and how my brother was black and blue for over a week. The AP turns ghost white, scared as hell that my Dad is pissed. My Dad quickly realizes what is happening and assures him they aren't upset, he needed to be disciplined for doing what he did! The AP kept apologizing but my Dad was totally supportive.

Moral of the story...we need A LOT more discipline in this country.

Edit to add - I don't ever remember a time we were spanked, it probably happened but I just don't remember b/c it was a rarity. My parents were tough on us but they expected us to be well-behaved. Neither of us EVER would have acted out or sassed them because it would have been trouble. Parents now seem like they just want to be their kids best friends....that doesn't help the kid in the long run.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
My brother got in trouble in junior high for throwing pencils into the ceiling at school (1988-89 or so). The Assistant Principal was this HUGE dude, d-lineman type. My brother had 2 choices for punishment, 3 weekends of Saturday school or 3 licks with the paddle. My brother, who had never really been in trouble before, chose the paddle. My brother was about 5'6" and 110 lbs...scrawny little guy. The AP of course has to call for permission so he calls my Mom at work. My mom consented and said "I just have one request....paddle him good because I never want to have another one of these phone calls." So, lick 1 comes and my brother hauls ass out of the room and down the hall. The AP chases him down, brings him back to finish the job.

I got home from school that afternoon and my brother stops me as I'm going down the hall and says "hey, I want to show you something but you have to promise not to laugh." He then proceeds to show me his ass which is 50 shades of black and blue! It was insane! A few weeks later we ran into the AP at a restaurant and my Dad was talking with him and brings up the paddling and how my brother was black and blue for over a week. The AP turns ghost white, scared as hell that my Dad is pissed. My Dad quickly realizes what is happening and assures him they aren't upset, he needed to be disciplined for doing what he did! The AP kept apologizing but my Dad was totally supportive.

Edit to add - I don't ever remember a time we were spanked, it probably happened but I just don't remember b/c it was a rarity. My parents were tough on us but they expected us to be well-behaved. Neither of us EVER would have acted out or sassed them because it would have been trouble. Parents now seem like they just want to be their kids best friends....that doesn't help the kid in the long run.
Hell yea. And I got one of those whippings in middle school myself I promise you I elected after school detention every time after that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
T REX;n48499 said:
Beating a 4 year old with a stick? The guy drew blood? WTF? A four year old?
Nice one, T REX. You've got the hand-wringing and fake outrage down pat. You could be in the media.
You saw the pics and are ok with that?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Swamp Queen said:

I got spanked and got the timeouts. The timeouts had almost no effect on me. The spankings, though not as severe as in your story, I never forgot.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got it in middle school once for the pulling the chair away from somebody as they were going to sit down. The paddle used had big holes drilled into it. I asked the dean what the holes were for. He said he could swing harder because it reduces wind resistance.

I never pulled the chair out from anybody ever again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:

I got paddled, detention, in-school detention, suspended and expelled during my years in school. The paddlings were the only thing that would ever cause me to "have a moment of pause" before getting in trouble again.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:
I got it in middle school once for the pulling the chair away from somebody as they were going to sit down. The paddle used had big holes drilled into it. I asked the dean what the holes were for. He said he could swing harder because it reduces wind resistance.

Yep. And this guy had tennis grip on the handle so it wouldn't slip.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:

Apparently that aerodynamic modification to paddles was common among the education system! I'd wager over half the students at my MS/HS ended up "assuming the position" (read: grab our ankles) at least once during their time in school to receive the working end of that paddle! It made quite the "impression" on everyone!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
My dad whipped me with his hand or his belt and at middle school i was "paddled" with flat board by the principal, by a board with holes in it by the gym teacher, and by a drum stick by the band teacher! I honestly think AP probably didnt have a full understanding of the damage a thin switch with any real velocity behind it could do and that people are making a big deal out very little.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, it was open season on troublemakers at my Jr. High School. Coaches had paddles, shop teacher had a paddle and the AP handled the serious stuff. All with 4" x 5/8" Oak with holes in it for speed. Parental permission was neither desired nor necessary. 32" was about optimum length.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got hit all the time. I've never hit my kids. My kids are great, do well in school, and treat others with respect. I have no issues with behavior in my household. There were several instances when they were young where they were very difficult to handle, but I never resorted to hitting them and they've turned out great. Hitting your kids is pathetic. People who justify inflicting pain and violence on their kids or spouse sicken me.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hell, it was open season on troublemakers at my Jr. High School. Coaches had paddles, shop teacher had a paddle and the AP handled the serious stuff. All with 4" x 5/8" Oak with holes in it for speed. Parental permission was neither desired nor necessary. 32" was about optimum length.
Chinaberry tree makes for an unbreakable switch.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
I got hit all the time. I've never hit my kids. My kids are great, do well in school, and treat others with respect. I have no issues with behavior in my household. There were several instances when they were young where they were very difficult to handle, but I never resorted to hitting them and they've turned out great. Hitting your kids is pathetic. People who justify inflicting pain and violence on their kids or spouse sicken me.
So are you actually saying that parents who chose to spank their children are "inflicting violence on them"? You equate spanking a child to abusing a spouse?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n48628 said:

you really wouldn't have liked my mom then

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I grew up in the sixties. All of my elementary teachers paddled students me included. My dad had a belt. He was very adept with it. After 7th grade he didn't have to hit me again. Never got it in HS but my last year when my BB coach wanted to paddle me for skipping class. I told him no but the principal could. I started teaching in 78. I paddled in middle school and then in elementary for years. Stopped about 12 years ago. Here is the deal. It works for most kids. 70% will behave to avoid the paddle. 25% will take the chance, and the other 5% you can beat the hell out of them to no avail. So you tried something else. On a side note year before last year myself and the mother held her 8 year old so the lady principal could give her a few swats. It was a very badly behaved girl and we had tried everything else. She was almost simian strong. I had two legs and an arm and mom had the other arm. IT was all I could do to hold her. They moved away and then returned this year. She hugs me all the time and is doing better. I will never do that again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n48636 said:
I grew up in the sixties. All of my elementary teachers paddled students me included. My dad had a belt. He was very adept with it. After 7th grade he didn't have to hit me again. Never got it in HS but my last year when my BB coach wanted to paddle me for skipping class. I told him no but the principal could. I started teaching in 78. I paddled in middle school and then in elementary for years. Stopped about 12 years ago. Here is the deal. It works for most kids. 70% will behave to avoid the paddle. 25% will take the chance, and the other 5% you can beat the hell out of them to no avail. So you tried something else. On a side note year before last year myself and the mother held her 8 year old so the lady principal could give her a few swats. It was a very badly behaved girl and we had tried everything else. She was almost simian strong. I had two legs and an arm and mom had the other arm. IT was all I could do to hold her. They moved away and then returned this year. She hugs me all the time and is doing better. I will never do that again.

lmao it sounds like yall was performing an exersism

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator