Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was asking ox in hopes of less frequent trips to his mind camp. Unless there are prostitutes (hot ones that have always been female, mind you) there. I never got a straight answer from @soflagator on this point.

There was an issue with the paperwork, so I was denied entrance until they could clear it, and then decided to bail on the whole thing. Keep that between you and I though, because I think Ox is under the impression I actually went.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was asking ox in hopes of less frequent trips to his mind camp. Unless there are prostitutes (hot ones that have always been female, mind you) there. I never got a straight answer from @soflagator on this point.
I don't think his looks will effect his abilities, unless the players can't take him seriously because of them. His hot wife certainly didn't have a problem with them, that gives him more credibility to the team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To answer Back Alley's question, the fan base automatically hates every coach until they prove they should be no longer hated.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
To answer Back Alley's question, the fan base automatically hates every coach until they prove they should be no longer hated.

To be fair, we’ve gone from a swamp donkey who intentionally refused all dental norms and had Stillwell Angel as his DC, to a hunchback Cousin Eddie, to now this Armstrong guy. I hope he’s great, but I’d be lying if I said part of me wouldn’t really just like someone that isn’t immediately tied to a movie and mocked for it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, we’ve gone from a swamp donkey who intentionally refused all dental norms and had Stillwell Angel as his DC, to a hunchback Cousin Eddie, to now this Armstrong guy. I hope he’s great, but I’d be lying if I said part of me wouldn’t really just like someone that isn’t immediately tied to a movie and mocked for it.
I don't care if they look like the Elephant Man if they can actually coach. I'm not sleeping with the guy.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So.. Do we like him?
I like him and hope his youthful energy will inspire the defense to play hard, fast and with passion. He’s saying the right things, which is good. But many sound good. We won’t know until we see the effects on the field. But he’s our guy and support is important to success.

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hell, I already like him better than Toney. I can't imagine he would be any worse. I just can't.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Florida-Gators-defensive-coordinator-Austin-Armstrong_Florida-Gators-Football-Spring-Practice_629.jpg

hamporter.jpg
So we have the Slingblade & Sandlot show now?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like Todd Grantham?
He had a proven sht track record. I said a proven quality track record. Are you really now attempting to argue that we shouldn't or can't get a proven good DC or that a kid who just hit puberty is just as good?

Maybe he ends up being dick lebeau but are we really now at the point where we need to pretend that he's equivalent or better and that Florida is just a stepping stone for fresh face newbies to get their first real football experience? This is absolutely embarrassing take by you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He had a proven sht track record. I said a proven quality track record. Are you really now attempting to argue that we shouldn't or can't get a proven good DC or that a kid who just hit puberty is just as good?

Maybe he ends up being dick lebeau but are we really now at the point where we need to pretend that he's equivalent or better and that Florida is just a stepping stone for fresh face newbies to get their first real football experience? This is absolutely embarrassing take by you.
What I'm saying is the unicorns you are describing (experienced DC's with a proven quality track record) are not out there to be hired. Even Kevin Steele, the experienced DC Saban just hired, is coming off a losing record and has bounced all over the effing place, because no one will hire him as a head coach. If we had hired him you'd be bitching about that, too.

Any DC's worth a sh!t are hired away as head coaches. I'd rather try a young up-and-comer than some old failed retread, especially since this team is nowhere near competing for any titles. It's not like we're one piece away.

Your argument makes more sense for head coaches, not assistant coaches.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What I'm saying is the unicorns you are describing (experienced DC's with a proven quality track record) are not out there to be hired. Even Kevin Steele, the experienced DC Saban just hired, is coming off a losing record and has bounced all over the effing place, because no one will hire him as a head coach. If we had hired him you'd be bitching about that, too.

Any DC's worth a sh!t are hired away as head coaches. I'd rather try a young up-and-comer than some old failed retread, especially since this team is nowhere near competing for any titles. It's not like we're one piece away.

Your argument makes more sense for head coaches, not assistant coaches.
He’d bitch, piss and moan at anyone we hired. He’s checked out and is simply miserable with Gator football at this point.

Or…
Ben Affleck Ass Hole GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.