Cavs win - Lebron haters crying

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Didn't watch one second of it....That being said it's hard not to give credit to a guy who's either playing in the championship or winning it every year it seems.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said it in the box after Game 6, and ILoveRhinoPoopJay26 said I was crazy, but there was NO WAY Golden State was going to win Game 7. Too much opportunity for the NBA to cash in and grow the brand even more with LeBron James coming back from a 1-3 Series that's never been done. Golden State broke all the regular season records and the Cavs did something that's never been done as well.

I'm not a LeBron fan but I'm also not a hater. I hated Jordan a lot more during his run. But it was too good to be true and they all made it so.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Does IT bother ANYONE else that JBOSS consistently posts with random words CAPITALIZED?

:lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I said it in the box after Game 6, and ILoveRhinoPoopJay26 said I was crazy, but there was NO WAY Golden State was going to win Game 7. Too much opportunity for the NBA to cash in and grow the brand even more with LeBron James coming back from a 1-3 Series that's never been done. Golden State broke all the regular season records and the Cavs did something that's never been done as well.

I'm not a LeBron fan but I'm also not a hater. I hated Jordan a lot more during his run. But it was too good to be true and they all made it so.

No chance? They lost by 4 with the big shot coming from a contested, off balance 3. Cmon guy.

I don't hate Lebron per se, but the way he acts does bother me. I could have sworn he got sniped in the arm at the end.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Do you guys really believe that Mark Jackson deserves more credit for the Warriors recent success than Steve Kerr. That's completely crazy.

That's no different than saying Muschamp deserved the credit for McElwain's success last year.

It's the same team. Jackson never made it to the Conference Finals. Kerr won a title in his first year, and had the best regular season in NBA history the next.
No different when Larry Coker took over the team that Butch Davis built at Miami. Butch Davis never took his team to a BCS title game. Oh hell, Luke Walton seemed to have done a better job coaching the Warriors during Kerry's absence.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm not a LeBron fan but I'm also not a hater.

Kinda where I'm at. I respect his skills, but never really liked him. Wanted MIA to do well while he was there, but want them to do well afterward as well. I suppose, at the heart of it, more than LeBron it is Cleveland that I hate. That (sh)city out to DIAF...again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Larry Bird would have 60 points, 25 rebounds, and 12 assists on Lebron - drunk.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
No different when Larry Coker took over the team that Butch Davis built at Miami. Butch Davis never took his team to a BCS title game. Oh hell, Luke Walton seemed to have done a better job coaching the Warriors during Kerry's absence.

I'm just a big fan of Bill Parcells' quote, "You are what your record says you are."

Say what you want about Calipari, but he wins games and championships. Is he a better coach than Coach K / Jay Wright, etc. No. But he knows how manage and relate to 18 year old basketball players.

If you win championships, you're a championship coach / player. If you don't, you're not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just a big fan of Bill Parcells' quote, "You are what your record says you are."

Say what you want about Calipari, but he wins games and championships. Is he a better coach than Coach K / Jay Wright, etc. No. But he knows how manage and relate to 18 year old basketball players.

If you win championships, you're a championship coach / player. If you don't, you're not.

Champship, not Champships.... Billy Donovan has twice as many NCAA Championships as Calipari

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Growing up in NE Ohio and suffering through all of their painful playoff losses for Browns, Indians and Cavs, it was treasonous when LBJ went to Miami, let alone the way he did it. I also don't like his twitter passive-aggressive and diva-like use.

HOWEVER, I now have to give him the biggest props. This article provides a great perspective.

http://theundefeated.com/features/stop-hating-lebron-enough/

Cleveland's curse is finally over.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are 2 reasons Lebron isn't in my top 10. 1. He isn't the guy I want taking the shot to win the game. There were 3 guys on the court last night I'd rather have taking that shot than Lebron. When I start going down the list of guys in history I'd rather have taking that shot? Suddenly Lebron looks really bad. 2. Big men. My list has a lot of big men on it because they impact a game in a way Lebron simply can't.
This is a sorry excuse for the list of ten players that are better than Lebron which I requested.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron was AMAZING in the finals. He almost AVERAGED a TRIPLE DOUBLE in the Finals series at 30 points, 11 rebounds, and 9 assists a game. That's crazy!! GS just couldn't handle Lebron and FINALLY Lebron got help from his teammates to help WIN the NBA Title.
His stats were pretty staggering. Most amazing to me was that in game 7 he played 47 minutes, absolutely dominated the ball - took 24 shots, got to the line 10 times, grabbed 11 rebounds, had 2 steals and 3 blocks - and only committed 1 foul.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did someone actually say LeBron James was a better athlete than Michael Effing Jordan? REALLY???

Michael-Jordan-045.gif

OdRSROZ.gif

tumblr_n8tmu3PybZ1renuivo1_500.gif

jordan1.gif

tumblr_n9dyt46s8R1sdydefo1_400.gif

Michael-Jordan-046a-compressor.gif

jordansupersaiyan.gif

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't have said it better Bart. I despise LeBron with a passion. It is his generation of overpriced, entitled players that have driven me away from watching the NBA at all. Haven't watched more than a few minutes of any game in several years.

Wait... What? I said this about the Chicago Jordanaires long ago and watched about 5 minutes of Game 7 - and not the ending. I just can't care anymore. And to whoever said UF will have a player with a ring if GS wins - I have difficulty considering Speights a Gator, in all honesty. Beal? Okay - he contributed and developed. Speights? He brought little and took it with him.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
73-9....the 90's Bulls would wipe the floor with either of these 'finalists'. Can you imagine the Bad Boy Pistons playing D against Vagina Curry or Crying MeBron? Laughable.
I can't imagine the either team beating Magic, Kareem, and Worthy, much less what Laimbeer (the Thumper part of Bumper and Thumper in the front court), Rodman, and Thomas would have done to them. And let's not forget Joe Dumars, who was tasked with guarding Jordan and held his own against one of the best to ever play the game. And then comes "The Microwave". The results could have been seriously ugly. 911 ambulance ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator