***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Alabama***

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
WV QB is way smarter and a better passer than JD. Sad to say but true.
Swamped Gator;n53959 said:
WV took a kick to the house against Bama and threw for 365 yards. I think we are better than a lot of people think and Bama is not as powerful as everyone thinks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
rogdochar;n53530 said:
Driskel's accuracy is our key. Will he be hurried too frequently ? That will throw off his steadiness even times
he's not rushed. Here's hoping DRob can stay magical … and Christy too.

They brought extra guys against Oklahoma many plays and they still burned Bama.
It is hard to see Jeff doing that

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n53843 said:
He always says that, right before the beat down commences.

Saban also said Will was a real good head coach that had just been dealt a bad hand.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Nay say all some of you guys want, I would rather be wrong by rooting for my team than chalking it up as a loss. But I believe we will win this game. If I am wrong, fine, but I do not think I will be. We match up way better than most think. We have a ton of talent and Nick knows that. We will be the most talented team they have seen so far this year. Go Gators!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

Saban also said Will was a real good head coach that had just been dealt a bad hand.
So do you think Saban doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to football? :popcorn:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

I think Saban likes Will especially as a DC

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
ufgator2002;n54293 said:
Nay say all some of you guys want, I would rather be wrong by rooting for my team than chalking it up as a loss. But I believe we will win this game. If I am wrong, fine, but I do not think I will be. We match up way better than most think. We have a ton of talent and Nick knows that. We will be the most talented team they have seen so far this year. Go Gators!

:highfive:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

Probably true.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/perception-vs-reality-sec-week-4/

[h=1]Perception vs Reality in the SEC: Week 4[/h] [h=3]PERCEPTION: ALABAMA WILL SMOKE FLORIDA, FURTHER PUSH THE EAST INTO OBLIVION[/h] The Crimson Tide offense is averaging 568.3 yards per game under Lane Kiffin as its new coordinator, more than 100 yards better than its per game totals each of the last six seasons. Alabama’s stuck to its guns in getting the football to the nation’s leading receiver in Amari Cooper and simplified its passing game into quick, low-risk throws for first-year starting quarterback Blake Sims. We haven’t even mentioned a run game that has already produced 10 touchdowns even though junior T.J. Yeldon’s been relatively quiet. How does Florida, a projected third-place finisher in the East coming off a three-overtime win over Kentucky, topple the conference favorite on the road with these variables?

[h=3]REALITY: GATORS PRESENT TOUGHEST CHALLENGE YET, ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVELY[/h] Not so fast. Alabama’s secondary is its weakest link, one of two SEC units that hasn’t yet picked off a pass this season. The Gators have a field stretcher in Demarcus Robinson that they can use to frustrate Alabama, but only if there’s a stubborn focus on moving the football on the ground. Kirby Smart’s defense is particularly dominant against the run giving up a league-low 47 yards per game, so it’ll be up to Florida’s offensive line to get something going at the point of attack in Tuscaloosa. Florida’s defense will be the toughest Alabama has seen thus far, another reason this game could down to the wire.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n54444 said:
so it’ll be up to Florida’s offensive line to get something going at the point of attack in Tuscaloosa.

And that's what worries me the most.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
williston_gator;n54444 said:
so it’ll be up to Florida’s offensive line to get something going at the point of attack in Tuscaloosa.

And that's what worries me the most.
I'm with ya.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our O line is probably better suited for run blocking but you know Bama is going to have 8 near the line until we show them we can pass the ball more than a few yards consistently on them so I doubt there are many holes for long runs until we show them we can do that. Bama may have that great stat against the run up until now but a lot of that is who they have played and even WV isn't a real good running team. This definitely isn't the Bama defense that stuffed teams in 2011 and 2012.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I truly believe we can win. Sitting there last week, there were many times that I thought we'd lose. I came away seeing the positives that I wasn't willing to embrace at that moment. I'm pretty stoked to watch how this plays out on the field tomorrow. We'll learn a lot about our team in Tuscaloosa and whether we're improving or not.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
williston_gator said:
http://coachingsearch.247sports.com...-way-better-than-anybody-here-thinks-31260679

[h=2]Saban: Florida Is 'Way Better Than Anybody Here Thinks'[/h] 17 hours ago
When talking about Florida at his mid-week press conference, Nick Saban was almost lecturing the media in attendance and anyone watching.
The Crimson Tide are a 15-point favorite this weekend, and the Gators are coming off a triple-overtime win against Kentucky, but Saban was adamant in his belief that Florida can beat Alabama if his team isn’t ready to play.
“Florida has an outstanding team. Way better, way better than anybody here thinks, in terms of the players they have,” Saban said. “They lost a lot of players due to injury last year. They’ve got a lot of players back that are very, very good players. Regardless of what anybody thinks, they’ll be as talented as probably anybody that we play this year.
“It’s going to be important that our players play their very best. We’re looking forward to having the opportunity to play at home against a very good SEC opponent on national television. We’re just going to try to keep doing what we need to do to get our players ready to go.”
The Crimson Tide and Gators kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.

​
like you can believe anything saban says "propaganda"

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I think we make it close. but based on what i seen we have some limitations in the kicking game,, and some secondary issues as well as i think our offensive line is suspect!. we need this game badly for our program! going forward. either way saturday at 3:30 i will be a maniac,,, go gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
I think we make it close. but based on what i seen we have some limitations in the kicking game,, and some secondary issues as well as i think our offensive line is suspect!. we need this game badly for our program! going forward. either way saturday at 3:30 i will be a maniac,,, go gators!
Their kicking game is pretty shaky too

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
10696430_10202692378133862_4610968683361340130_n-610x455.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays