When did you become convinced re Mullen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if anyone has posted it, but the video of him going crazy during the LSU game was all I needed.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It is the exact opposite of Butters. Watching the team quit and nosedive into losing 41-7 three times at the end of each season was pitiful.

Yeah ... it is a huge tell to see a team play strong at the end of their games and end of their season. Butter teams crumbled ... this team, with not much difference between last season's roster ... was pretty stout in the 4th quarter and end of the season. That is a very good sign.

Also ... so far, and I think it is okay to go ahead and call it since there is nobody else 'committed' yet to sign ... we didn't lose a single commit on signing day(s). Nobody flipped us. No hat swaps. We got who he went out for and he pulled in a couple flips as well.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted Mullen hired after Urbs stepped down...I always thought he would do well here but admittedly was star struck with the possibility of Chip or Frost this time around. I was happy with the hire but he exceeded my expectations...though I was very concerned after KY game and Missouri game

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You sit on a throne of lies.
Not me. Many in here do, but not me. I said right away that based on what he did at MSU with the pathetic means they have that he'd do great here. I took all sorts of shat about it as well.

I wasn't as convinced about Megan though. She had expressed herself quite clearly about her feelings surrounding the last time they were here. It seems she's managed to get over it however. Winning helps.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the introduction when he stepped off the plane Gator Phukkin Chompin!!!
:chomp:
436073_fullsizeoutput_1216_ghffhy.jpg

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
Not me. Many in here do, but not me. I said right away that based on what he did at MSU with the pathetic means they have that he'd do great here. I took all sorts of shat about it as well.

I wasn't as convinced about Megan though. She had expressed herself quite clearly about her feelings surrounding the last time they were here. It seems she's managed to get over it however. Winning helps.

Agree about Megan, not sure if the rumors were true or not, but hopefully this is a better experience for her with Dan as head coach.

I wanted him instead of butters but I knew foley wouldn’t ever hire him. My reasons were pretty simple.

- he knew the program and fans
- he knew the SEC
- he did pretty well at MSU, considering it was MSU
- our offense seemed to drop after he left for MSU and never seemed to get better

Would I have liked the hire right after Meyer left? Nope. He needed time to learn head coaching elsewhere at a big program (MSU is still in the SEC). He needed to learn to be a CEO and develop his type of program.

Was thrilled with the hire, his first PC just was gravy.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't measure him against the 2 buffoons. They made Zook look like the chairman of Mensa.

I'm not sold that "he's the guy" to bring the program back to prominence. One season. We lost to Kentucky. Mizzou handed us our *******s, and the leg humpers pasted us.

giphy.gif

Not exactly.

What will it take ? Probably 2-3 years.

I do think he has turned things around from a fundamental of football perspective. He's a good game day coach. With the right playmakers and big uglies, I think he can outfox a lot of coaches in this league on gameday.

But, he's also the CEO of the football corporation.
How's the second year of recruiting? We'll know tomorrow.
How's the second year of off season? We'll know next season.
How is the football facility plan going?
How's the defense?

He's done a heck of a job. Better than I expected overall.

Right now, I grade him a B-. (again, I'm not grading him based on the two prior buttwipes + Adddazio)

We'll talk again tomorrow.
Nice recruiting finish.
I give him an overall B for the first year.
Bravo.
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You were on board right away... that is a true statement.
I've dug up a number of quotes that contradict this, including one where he called Mullen a "scumbag", but I'm going to let it go because he's my favorite poster and I don't want to embarrass him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've dug up a number of quotes that contradict this, including one where he called Mullen a "scumbag", but I'm going to let it go because he's my favorite poster and I don't want to embarrass him.

You are cheating on a lot of "favorite posters"... you might make some of them sad.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I can say I'm happy now.

My second choice is at USF.

I was not sold at first. Until I looked into why? I wanted Frost but really wanted Kerwin. I would have been ok with Strong.

I did not want Kelly.

Geez, I even thought Taggart was a good choice.

I'd say drunk but don't drink.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I’ll admit to wanting Taggart probably due to him being an alumnus of my HS. I’m glad I’m not in charge of coaching hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator